Mayock's Top 5 at each position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Richardson is a straight gap shooter. Alford is the closest thing the Giants have drafted recently to him. Not sure if they look for players like him. I think they prefer stouter guys against the run. Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round possibly
    Kawaan Short is a guy that reminds me of a Reese dude.. Kinda Fred Robbins like...

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Austin too, thats what he was.
      I guess we can count Austin. Technically he is a Giant. I havent seen him play much since 2009.
      Physically Austin is a gap shooter on Sundays and even Saturdays not many gaps get shot.

U guys watch this its awful

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Kawaan Short is a guy that reminds me of a Reese dude.. Kinda Fred Robbins like...
        Short in the 1st..?

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          I guess we can count Austin. Technically he is a Giant. I havent seen him play much since 2009.
          Physically Austin is a gap shooter on Sundays and even Saturdays not many gaps get shot.

U guys watch this its awful

I stopped watching during the Browns game. In a lot of those clips, he was getting handled by the opposing G with single blocking. A few of the clips, he was getting pushed back a few yards and not getting off the block.

Hopefully he improves this year, it could be his last chance with the Giants.

Comment

lol, this was why i wanted Stephen Paea, he was there and it was between him and Austin that draft. I didn't see all the hype from Austin's College Games, most were from Quinn, and one play he rushed up the middle. And yea, that Video of him this season with the Giants was pitiful. Gets pushed back, etc. BUST.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
              lol, this was why i wanted Stephen Paea, he was there and it was between him and Austin that draft. I didn't see all the hype from Austin's College Games, most were from Quinn, and one play he rushed up the middle. And yea, that Video of him this season with the Giants was pitiful. Gets pushed back, etc. BUST.
              Austin would have been a first rounder if he didnt sit out that year. And the player he is now has nothing to do with the player he was in college. The two years off essentially ended his career.

Comment

Watching that video, I think he actually played better than I thought he did. I ignore the teams with the scrambling QBs, like Carolina/eagles/redskins because I cant be sure if he is asked to rush or just maintain his lane.

He just needs to keep improving his hands and use of leverage. When he gets to use his power/speed he actually does alright.

Not that I think hes a starter, but I think he could be the #3 guy.
                Last edited by slipknottin; 02-18-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                  Alec Ogletree or Ezekiel Ansah I would be very happy with
                  Of the two obviously I would take Ansah, Cb in the 1st ? Rhodes. DT Hankins. OL, Lane Johnson or Travis Frederick ( yea I know I'm reaching with Travis but I love the kid ). No TE or RB as well as safeties for me in the 1st.
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Khaseem Greene is a beast.. I've been saying that.. Hes got em 3rd on the list at his positon.. Ahead of guys like Mingo and Brown.. I agree...

I will say this though.. Last yr, i was a huge Casey Hayward guy, and i had em 2nd overall at CB positon, while many had em, including mayock like 5th or not even on the list, and hes all ready looking like one of the better Corners to come outta last yrs draft.. So, take anyone, including Mayocks lists with a grain of salt.. Its all just opinions...
                    I was right there with you on Hayward.

2 things that stand out that I really disagree with... Okafor not even in the top 6 DEs?! I would also put Bernard ahead of Ellington and Ball.
                    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                      Paea hasnt exactly been lighting the world on fire he just hasnt been putrid like Austin. Austins athletic ability was much better then Paea dont blame them for going with Austin . he had a higher ceiling,lower floor
                      Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Watching that video, I think he actually played better than I thought he did. I ignore the teams with the scrambling QBs, like Carolina/eagles/redskins because I cant be sure if he is asked to rush or just maintain his lane.

He just needs to keep improving his hands and use of leverage. When he gets to use his power/speed he actually does alright.

Not that I think hes a starter, but I think he could be the #3 guy.
                        I would have no problem with him being the #3 DT in the rotation. And like you said, missing his senior year in college and his rookie year with the Giants basically stunted his growth as a player. I think he needs to come to camp in shape, get a little stronger and work on his technique more ie: using his hands, leverage.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...tions-for-no-1

Seriously, Warmack as the #1 overall draft pick? Has Mayock lost his mind?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
                            I was right there with you on Hayward.

2 things that stand out that I really disagree with... Okafor not even in the top 6 DEs?! I would also put Bernard ahead of Ellington and Ball.
                            Were ya? I didn't realize anyone had Casey Hawyard ranked as high as i had em ranked.. When i initally had him ranked 2nd , most were almost thinking i was crazy, becuase of consensus, as it was still the college season, but as the draft drew alittle closer, some did start giving him alittle more respect on here.. The only think he really lacked was true speed, but everything else was way above avg with Hayward, and he made up for any lack of speed with great technique and instincts...

I agree about Andre Ellington.. I don't see where that guy stands out at all? He seems so ordinary to me, and certainly not worth a top 4rd back in my opinon.. Hes not overly stout, and not overly a blazer, and isn't overly shifty either.. He just seems like another guy to me, with no stand out aspects to his game.. I've said that for awhile now..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              Short in the 1st..?
                              I'd have zero issues with Kawaan Short in RD1.. I will bring up Casey Hayward again, as like Hayward, i feel Short is a guy who is mightily underrated in the draft world, and has very few weaknesses to his game.. Hes got the size we like outta our DT's as hes well over 300lb's and stands about 6ft 3in, and he can generate a pass rush and makes many plays behind the line, and also can be a standout on special teams, as he blocked like 4kicks last yr alone.. I'm one of the only ones probably, but i'd take Kawaan Short over Sheldon Richardson.. Short has great football instincts to go with solid measurables and a knack for blocking kicks, and can penetrate with the best of em at the DT positon.. There is nothing i really dislike about Shorts game...

Comment

I'd have zero issues with Kawaan Short in RD1.. I will bring up Casey Hayward again, as like Hayward, i feel Short is a guy who is mightily underrated in the draft world, and has very few weaknesses to his game.. Hes got the size we like outta our DT's as hes well over 300lb's and stands about 6ft 3in, and he can generate a pass rush and makes many plays behind the line, and also can be a standout on special teams, as he blocked like 4kicks last yr alone.. I'm one of the only ones probably, but i'd take Kawaan Short over Sheldon Richardson.. Short has great football instincts to go with solid measurables and a knack for blocking kicks, and can penetrate with the best of em at the DT positon.. There is nothing i really dislike about Shorts game...
                                How about his inconsistency or his lack of a good motor? if that's not concerning I don't know what is.

Comment

Working...
                                X