Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does no one want to take a LBer? Alec Ogletree would do WONDERS for this defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drez View Post
    WTF are you talking about? The only thing people talk about is how we should either get a LB or OL in the first.
    This. The topic has been beaten to a pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
      WTF are you talking about? The only thing people talk about is how we should either get a LB or OL in the first.
      LOL and do I care? Who called JPP to the Giants? No one so I couldn't care less. The Giants started two 6th round LBs in 2011 and resigned a vet off the streets and you think all of a sudden they're going to draft a LB in round 1?

And the last time the Giants picked an olineman in the first was since Nam so again you think that's going to be broken? Okay then.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        This. The topic has been beaten to a pulp.
        For real. Every day there's at least 3 new threads about how we need to take a LB.

Comment

Wait after Nicks, Wilson, JPP, Prince, KP are we still questioning Reese's preference for BPA in the 1st round? Relax, JR has got this!
          Last edited by B&RWarrior; 02-16-2013, 10:22 PM.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
            LOL and do I care? Who called JPP to the Giants? No one so I couldn't care less. The Giants started two 6th round LBs in 2011 and resigned a vet off the streets and you think all of a sudden they're going to draft a LB in round 1?

And the last time the Giants picked an olineman in the first was since Nam so again you think that's going to be broken? Okay then.
            It's been since '99 that we drafted OL in the first. And as far as trends are concerned, before we drafted Wilson last year, it had been since '00 that we drafted a RB in the first.

Comment

I think 90% of guys on here want Ogletree

Comment

This guy can also play safety.

Comment

Damn straight I want Ogletree. Unfortunately I want Lane Johnson too... OT is the MOST important position to fill, not LB (though it is a close second)

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I got:

1st Ogletree
                    2nd Sheldon Richardson
                    3rd Sharrif Floyd
                    4th Lane Johnson
                    5th Xavier Rhodes

of the guys that could be there

Comment

wasnt he just arrested for DUI.
                      "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        honestly, hes built like a wr somewhat. he'd be a beast on the edge as a 3-4 pass rushing OLB imo, not really fit for us unless we want to invest some time before using him as a mike...jwill has a lot of ogeltrees skillset
                        He was a SS converted to Linebacker...much like Urlacher was. I don't see nothing wrong with that.

He's put as the best Middle Linebacker in the draft by many and he's what we need, he should be our top priority.

Comment

Just arrested for DUI. Also a drug suspension in college. He is starting to look less and less like the type of guy that the Giants would take in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            Just arrested for DUI. Also a drug suspension in college. He is starting to look less and less like the type of guy that the Giants would take in the first.
                            yup just read it a few minutes ago on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...r-arrested-dui

Between the failed drug test last spring and now this DUI, many teams, including the Giants may question his character. I for one like his physical skills, but he may very well end up being a Kenny Britt like player in the NFL, just my opinion.

Comment

I don't ever remember the Giants taking a guy with character concerns in the first round . . . it may have happened, I just don't remember it

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                I don't ever remember the Giants taking a guy with character concerns in the first round . . . it may have happened, I just don't remember it
                                Austin in the 2nd.. that hasn't turned out great so far

Comment

Working...
                                X