No announcement yet.

Ogletree DUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point was there was a red flag that the Giants felt was outweighed by the talent. It wasn't even his dismissal from UNC, but rather reports of him finger pointing in his combine interviews. Even after drafting Prince, listening to Reese talk about first round CBs with no character concerns, you have to believe they took a long hard look at Jimmy Smith.

Comment

drive before you drink.. Alec

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Giants do not draft guys with red flags in the first or second round. That means Ogletree is either a 3rd or later type prospect for the giants, or he is not on their draft boards at all
        Where do you think Brown will get drafted? Like him better anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Where do you think Brown will get drafted? Like him better anyway.
          could be there when the Giants pick in the 2nd (or Greene).. combine will tell all, I'd be happy with either

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            drive before you drink.. Alec
            Maybe David Diehl can give him a few lessons... Haha

Seriously though maybe this will drop him to us in the second and we can pick up an OL in the first... Well if we even take a chance on this guy...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Following Georgia LB Alec Ogletree's DUI, former NFL scout Bucky Brooks noted "GMs and scouts cringe when they hear about arrests and legal transgressions leading up to the NFL Draft."

"It shows immaturity and questionable character," writes Brooks. "Additionally, it makes you question whether the player can handle the pro lifestyle." This was not Ogletree's first off-field incident, as he missed four games in 2012 after failing a drug test and the linebacker also faced a theft charge in 2010.

Source: Bucky Brooks on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                Yea, this was in the article as well.

do you guys think the presence of Blackburn as a veteran sway our decision... Picking him on the first?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

looks like this is his 3rd off the field incident..freshmen year he stole a Georgia track players motorcycle helmet and was arrested, then he failed a drug test and was suspended 4 games, now the DUI...looks like this kid isn't too bright, you would think the opportunity to make millions of dollars in the NFL would make him make better decisions
                  Last edited by DownWitJPP; 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

WOW.... what was this guy thinking? This is going to cost him big bucks. Should have call a friend or a cab. Giants won't draft him now in the first round.

Comment

What are the chances this guy falls to us in the 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Ogletree will have a lot of explaining to do to NFL teams. Was suspended twice while at Georgia. Has a theft charge,Failed drug test , and a DUI
                        Thank goodness nothing serious or that would call his judgment into question
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

future Raider or Bengal

Comment

I want a DL in the 1st anyway so this is good news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              I want a DL in the 1st anyway so this is good news to me.
                              the giants could still take one of te'o, brown, or minter in the 1st, you never know. if he is there in the 2nd, which I doubt he makes it out of the 1st regardless, do they then take a flier on him? I have seen mathieu being mocked in the 3rd round and he had just as many problems if not more, and hasn't played since 2011. tree might be off the giants board but do you think due to his talent and upside it even matters to most teams considering mathieu's status? also, if he was ranked high on the giants board and they interview him and feel comfortable, do they roll the dice if he is there? somewhere manti te'o must be thanking his lucky stars. didnt david dielh have a recent DUI?
                              Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 02-17-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Welp, back to the drawing the board for my 1st round pick...If that was his only offense it would be one thing, but he's quickly developing a long pattern of stupidity....Warbelly anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X