Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ogletree DUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    He has a history of off-the-field issues, and this one just one week before the combine shows that he is an absolute moron.

    As for who cares . . . the Giants do . . . . he will not be picked by the Giants at 19.
    really? when did you start your job in the FO? he's a kid, if the giants were high on him, and his interview questions satisfy them, they may very well take him,,BPA could be him at 19 now.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Giants do not draft guys with red flags in the first or second round.

      That means Ogletree is either a 3rd or later type prospect for the giants, or he is not on their draft boards at all
      Well like it or not, agree or not FO " down played " Marvin Austin red flags when they drafted him in the 2nd. We can spin it any way we want or for that matter FO can do the same but Marvin had some, character issues? DIU ? There all the same in my eyes, bad choices and mistakes in life. In the end its a business and FO once in a while will make a " leap of faith " and take chances on someone, sometimes works and sometimes well it just goes south.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
        really? when did you start your job in the FO? he's a kid, if the giants were high on him, and his interview questions satisfy them, they may very well take him,,BPA could be him at 19 now.
        Giants have never touched a player in the first round with character red flags. They may have never touched one in the second round either

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
          Well like it or not, agree or not FO " down played " Marvin Austin red flags when they drafted him in the 2nd. We can spin it any way we want or for that matter FO can do the same but Marvin had some, character issues? DIU ? There all the same in my eyes, bad choices and mistakes in life. In the end its a business and FO once in a while will make a " leap of faith " and take chances on someone, sometimes works and sometimes well it just goes south.
          Marvin Austins issues were completely different, never broke a law, never failed a drug test. He had an agent buy him a hotel room.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Marvin Austins issues were completely different, never broke a law, never failed a drug test. He had an agent buy him a hotel room.

            I knew you were going to say that so I'm going to play devil's advocate. Doble morality comes to mind here in a society that always tries to explain or excuse all those in fault, by Ogletree being arrested for DUI means he is a drunk and can't be trusted ? I don't think so. Is Austin croocked or a cheater for getting caught for recieving those benefits ? I don't think so either. The truth of the matter is they are kids, young athletes who make mistakes, immature kids who fall easly to temptation. Of course falts and sins have different magnitudes and by consequence different repercussions but they are all judgement mistakes.
            That been said Ogletree wasn't my choice ( mock draft ) in the first place but if in the end the Giants signed their own FAs and fill their needs and still ILB is a glaring hole and draft Ogletree because they think he is the BP at whatever round he is available ? I would not be surpirsed at all obviously with the previous background homework check done by FO. I'm not naive bro and for sure Reese isn't either.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

            Comment


            • #81
              Well this settles it, if he 's there at 19- the giants will not gamble on him till the 2nd round. So it narrows it down to DE/OT/DT

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by evojutsu View Post
                Well this settles it, if he 's there at 19- the giants will not gamble on him till the 2nd round. So it narrows it down to DE/OT/DT
                Could be but don't throw away the possibility of the Giants drafting a CB in the 1st if they make drastic changes to the roster this coming weeks .
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                  Could be but don't throw away the possibility of the Giants drafting a CB in the 1st if they make drastic changes to the roster this coming weeks .
                  or the fact that if the giants were really high on him, accept what he has to say at the combine, and he happens to slide to 19, maybe it becomes another BPA situation they can't pass up. just throwing it out there, anything is possible.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                    or the fact that if the giants were really high on him, accept what he has to say at the combine, and he happens to slide to 19, maybe it becomes another BPA situation they can't pass up. just throwing it out there, anything is possible.
                    True. But in large part the first round pick by the Giants will depend in what transpires in coming weeks in the combine and FA, the final needs will shape up when the dust settles form FA. BPA and need practically every year have been even keel with some few exceptions.
                    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by titwio View Post
                      Maybe everyone will back off and he'll fall to the Giants in the 2nd round.
                      he seems to have more off-field issues than just this one occurrence. However, I doubt he drops to the second pick and in our lap. I honestly think we should back off with our 1st also. I don't want to see a Vontez Burfict deal here and lose him to someone in the 6th or worse in drafted FA signings. I still wouldn't bank on it and would pick LB in the first.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                        really? when did you start your job in the FO? he's a kid, if the giants were high on him, and his interview questions satisfy them, they may very well take him,,BPA could be him at 19 now.
                        I don't have to have a job in the FO to know that the Giants FO has NEVER taken a guy in the first round with significant character concerns. If you follow this team at all, you know that is not their way and that this guy will not be drafted by the Giants in the first round.

                        If you want to keep thinking that there is a chance that the Giants will suddenly change their first round draft philosophy and take this guy, then go right ahead.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Idk how old some of you are on here, but I'm in the same shoes as these kids as far as being a college junior. Now I'm not gonna say I've done some of the dumb things as Ogletree but I know people who have and they are not bad people, they just made mistakes.Diehl got a DUi for Christ sake! Also weed is well documented to not be harmful it's being legalized in places. If Ogletree is there at 19 and he's the BPA you take him no questions asked.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by JSpin View Post
                            Idk how old some of you are on here, but I'm in the same shoes as these kids as far as being a college junior. Now I'm not gonna say I've done some of the dumb things as Ogletree but I know people who have and they are not bad people, they just made mistakes.Diehl got a DUi for Christ sake! Also weed is well documented to not be harmful it's being legalized in places. If Ogletree is there at 19 and he's the BPA you take him no questions asked.
                            As a college junior, you probably haven't had much exposure to the business world.

                            Football is a business. The draft is by no means an exact science, but teams like the Giants certainly have formulas for decreasing the odds of drafting "busts". Drafting a guy in the first round with an already-checkered past who is dumb enough to get a DUI one week before the scouting combine creates a "bust" risk that the Giant FO, as a business organization, is unlikely to take.

                            No one is saying that the guy is some sort of terrible person or that he will never be a good football player. Just that he is a risk to take in the first round.

                            Diehl's situation is not even remotely comparable to this one.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              As a college junior, you probably haven't had much exposure to the business world.

                              Football is a business. The draft is by no means an exact science, but teams like the Giants certainly have formulas for decreasing the odds of drafting "busts". Drafting a guy in the first round with an already-checkered past who is dumb enough to get a DUI one week before the scouting combine creates a "bust" risk that the Giant FO, as a business organization, is unlikely to take.

                              No one is saying that the guy is some sort of terrible person or that he will never be a good football player. Just that he is a risk to take in the first round.

                              Diehl's situation is not even remotely comparable to this one.
                              Yea I totally get the business aspect of it (business student) but that's not my problem haha I'm a fan and I want talented players on my team. I'll let the coaches worry about keeping him in line.
                              Last edited by JSpin; 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by JSpin View Post
                                Yea I totally get the business aspect of it (business student) but that's not my problem haha I'm a fan and I want talented players on my team. I'll let the coaches worry about keeping him in line.
                                The Giants have to invest millions of dollars and the best resource in improving the quality of the team into him. How much they care about football matters

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X