Mingo 19.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
    Well yea so would I but this was basically based on the latest Walter mock which had Ansah @ 6 and Mingo dropping to the giants. Bucky Brooks has us taking Fluker with Richardson and Ansah on the board which I find ridiculous.
    No way we take Fluker at 19. If we passed on Glenn who was a better prospect at 32 and take Fluker at 19 I will flip the F out.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      No way we take Fluker at 19. If we passed on Glenn who was a better prospect at 32 and take Fluker at 19 I will flip the F out.
      agreed, he is a second round guy.

Comment

Preach.

Comment

I like Ansah but if Tuck bounces back which is doubtful and with Kiwi u then have a logjam at Strongside end. At least with Mingo he plays LB and is used to situationally rushing from he tStrongside. Imagine blitzing Mingo on the edge around JPP. Now if Mingo could just get the QB to the ground when he gets there.
          No we don't. Ansah is raw so his impact like JPP would be felt more in year 2+. I don't see Tuck and Kiwi lasting until then. Now Mingo would be interesting if he was used correctly but Fewell hates sending out 5 rushers. And Mingo is no DE. Fewell would use him in coverage which would make the pick a waste.

Comment

Mingo is one of the few guys I like that could look like they could be at pick 19

Comment

Why Jordan doesnt have a true position and has nowhere near the explosive quickness Mingo has. Dion Jordan is under developed for his frame he is more of a crap shoot than Mingo
              Well Mingo doesnt exactly have a true position in the nfl either....If were talking pass rushing,mingo has the edge....But were talking as filling in the Kiwi hybrid role, Jordan is no slouch,all while offering more in coverage & on the ground....Maybe i need to do more homework on him,but ive seen him get handled one too many times...

Comment

Mingo is strictly a LB.

Comment

I don't normally watch much CFB but considering (IMO) this to be one of the more important drafts for us I've been watching a lot of clips of prospects.

Mingo is certainly a big time athlete but is pretty small for a NFL 4-3 DE. Not buying using him as a situational pass rusher either; I would like to get a starter with a 1st rounder.

Though I think lighter/more agile DE's are getting more popular with all these read option offenses in CFB (and now in the NFL) now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                    Mingo is strictly a LB.
                    This is incredibly false.

Comment

I hear you on that, but it's a different year and maybe we feel a little more desperate.
                      2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                      Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                      Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                      Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                      Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                      Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                      Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

^…

I agree slipknottin...

Though he doesn't look like a guy that can put on too much muscle, so IMO he looks like a small 4-3 DE.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo'Ed View Post
                          ^…

I agree slipknottin...

Though he doesn't look like a guy that can put on too much muscle, so IMO he looks like a small 4-3 DE.
                          What does a guy that cant put on too much muscle look like? With proper nutrition & offseason training, he could easily get into the 250s

Comment

^..

Honestly 10 lb's of muscle mass isn't too much for a pro level athlete on a program.

All I'm saying is it's easier for some to put on muscle mass compared to others (even some NFL scouting reports cite this in some players).

Dwight Howard is a perfect example; compare him coming out of high school to now (granted much of his development was growing into a man from a teenager) but a better comparison is him from his 3rd NBA season to now.

He's put on a fair amount of muscle mass.

The scouting reports on him prior to the draft stated he had the body frame that could support additional mass.

It's just IMO Mingo looks to have a narrow frame that cannot support an appreciable amount of muscle mass.

Comment

The thing I don't really like about Mingo is the minimal production. Guys like Von Miller and Bruce Irvin had huge sack numbers. Then again Aldon Smith only had 3 sacks in his last year of college, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                                The thing I don't really like about Mingo is the minimal production. Guys like Von Miller and Bruce Irvin had huge sack numbers. Then again Aldon Smith only had 3 sacks in his last year of college, so you never know.
                                I think a lot of it is coaching. Almost every LSU defensive player the past 2 or so years has been much better as an nfl player.

Patrick Peterson didn't seem coached at all coming out, his technique was awful and he relied just on his athleticism, Arizona got him playing at a probowl level already.

Morris Claiborne was better as a rookie than he ever was in college.

Probably the most telling is Brockers. In college he really didn't do anything. 2 sacks in his college career. Goes to the rams and has 4 sacks his rookie year.

I mean you watch Mingo against any QB who can scramble and Mingo is told to just spy the QB and not get up field. He's never going to put up sack numbers doing that
                                Last edited by slipknottin; 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X