Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree with your logic on this.

The fact is TEs are more valuable now, with the recent changes in the NFL, than they have been in the past. NFL teams are only now beginning to recognize this.

Here is how I view it:

The Pats did not spend a 1st rounder on Gronk, but his play has been worth a 1st round pick.

The Saints did not spend a 1st round pick on Graham, but he has been worth a 1st round pick.

In the new NFL, I would argue that the TE has pulled even with the WR in terms of value to an offense (for some teams) and we will start seeing some pop into the 1st round in the future who may not have been 1st rounders in past years.

I would also argue that both Eifert and Ertz are better prospects than any TE who came out last year, including Fleener. He was selected 34th so it isnt impossible for at least 1 guy to go in the 1st. .
    Ya, i agree with this Santaman..

Comment

• Originally posted by Evo'Ed View Post
      Damn kid from Arkansas (Knile Davis) ran a 4.30 (unofficial), and he's listed at 6'-0" and 220 lbs.

Just looking at this stats, the kid had a great 2010 in the SEC but is coming off an average 2012 after missing all of 2011 with an ankle injury.

Could it be he's over the injury?

Might be a nice late round pickup?
      Ya, but hes no secret after that.. Teams probably see hes healthy and he's gonna go in the rd 4range now.. Albeit, if he was our 4th rd pick, i certainly woulden't argue with it.. Thats pretty freaking amazing!

Comment

• God Dang, micael ford just raised his stock as well with great numbers for his size and running style..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Ya, but hes no secret after that.. Teams probably see hes healthy and he's gonna go in the rd 4range now.. Albeit, if he was our 4th rd pick, i certainly woulden't argue with it.. Thats pretty freaking amazing!
          Kid just ran his 2nd 40 @ 4.31.

Just watched some youtube clips of him and was impressed (all of the good stuff was from 2010 though).

Comment

• Dang, Robbie Rouse with a unoffical 4.78.. His NFL dream might come to a end with that number..

Comment

• Originally posted by Evo'Ed View Post
              Kid just ran his 2nd 40 @ 4.31.

Just watched some youtube clips of him and was impressed (all of the good stuff was from 2010 though).
              Ah ya, i have had many conversations about Knile Davis over the yrs, and mocked em to us once or twice during the season, and if not for injuries, ur talking about a guy who was in 1st rd consideration, and now with those numbers, he's gonna fly up draft boards.. Hes validating his 2010 running like that...

Comment

• Zac Stacy and Kerwynn Williams are still 2 backs i woulden't mind taking later in draft.. Knile Davis and Christine Michael both are going in the top 4rds most likely, so i'm kinda talking 5th-7th rd RB.. Others that intrest me are Cierre Wood, Theo Rid****(don't care about his 40, this kids a football player and very versatile), Spencer Ware, Miguel Maysonet..

Comment

• Ontario McCaleb with blistering unoffical 4.21 on his 2nd run.. Crazy!

Comment

Ontario McCaleb with blistering unoffical 4.21 on his 2nd run.. Crazy!
                    Fun to watch.

Don't think he'll ever be a NFL RB though.

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    Zac Stacy and Kerwynn Williams are still 2 backs i woulden't mind taking later in draft.. Knile Davis and Christine Michael both are going in the top 4rds most likely, so i'm kinda talking 5th-7th rd RB.. Others that intrest me are Cierre Wood, Theo Rid****(don't care about his 40, this kids a football player and very versatile), Spencer Ware, Miguel Maysonet..
                    I want to see this kid Michael Dyer at his pro day, whose name has popped up a couple of times from various websites I've read.

Talented but off the field problems; looked good at Auburn.
                    Last edited by Evo'Ed; 02-24-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Ontario McCaleb with blistering unoffical 4.21 on his 2nd run.. Crazy!
                      You see how everyone gets set and balanced at the line? McCaleb just walked up and put his hand down

Comment

• The worry with Davis is all about his ankles. He has had 2 reasonably serious ankle injuries already. He is obviously helping himself today, but the real test for him that will determine where he gets picked is happening behind doors we cant open, doors which lead to the medical evaluators.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DVision View Post
                          You see how everyone gets set and balanced at the line? McCaleb just walked up and put his hand down
                          Ya, hes quick. He was a track guy, and its second nature for him to do this kinda stuff.. Hes just so tiny though.. His value is gonna be on Special teams and 3rd downs.. Its funny because Theo Rid**** ran like a 4.6 something and i think hes gonna be a much better pro.. Like mayock and davis were saying, RB's 40s aren't as important as how they cut, and if there more "quick" then fast...

Comment

Zac Stacy and Kerwynn Williams are still 2 backs i woulden't mind taking later in draft.. Knile Davis and Christine Michael both are going in the top 4rds most likely, so i'm kinda talking 5th-7th rd RB.. Others that intrest me are Cierre Wood, Theo Rid****(don't care about his 40, this kids a football player and very versatile), Spencer Ware, Miguel Maysonet..
                            Once again nyc, I had Zac Stacy in the 7th rd of my initial mock. I saw him play quite a bit down here in SEC country. I would be ok with him with our 6th or 7th rd to be honest. I was surprised some with his bench reps at the combine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              The worry with Davis is all about his ankles. He has had 2 reasonably serious ankle injuries already. He is obviously helping himself today, but the real test for him that will determine where he gets picked is happening behind doors we cant open, doors which lead to the medical evaluators.
                              Charles Davis gave Kerwynn Williams props on that cutback drill, and he obviously ran one of teh better 40 times outta RB's , and was awesome at Utah St this past season, and oh yeah, he can catch... I would love him behind David Wilson.. Explosive duo there...

Comment

Ya, hes quick. He was a track guy, and its second nature for him to do this kinda stuff.. Hes just so tiny though.. His value is gonna be on Special teams and 3rd downs.. Its funny because Theo Rid**** ran like a 4.6 something and i think hes gonna be a much better pro.. Like mayock and davis were saying, RB's 40s aren't as important as how they cut, and if there more "quick" then fast...
                                long speed is ok for a RB, but if they have great vision, balance, and cutting ability, I would sacrifice some long speed. You cant bust a 50 or 60 yard run every time you touch the ball, not even the 4.24 Chris Johnson can say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X