2013 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Warren Sapp worries about Dion Jordan putting on 20lbs, because he thinks its gonna take away from his athletic ability and overall explosiveness...
    But with respect to Sapp and his opinion, I dont think Jordan would be suited to play 4-3 DE at 240-245 lbs. Now if he means not putting on 20lbs to play the 3-4 OLB, than I agree. He probably could put play that position at 250lbs and not lose any of his athletic ability. But if he tried to play 4-3 DE at that weight, he would get washed by the OTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
      12 reps in bench press. Is he injured ?
      No. He just isn't that good a player. 4.8+ in the 40 too

Comment

• Funny stuff from Mayock from by boy Big Hank Hankins, and I quote " A lot of junk in the truck ", ROFL ! But he is doing very well per Mayock.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• I also see that one of nyc's guys is not running the 40, hamstring issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            and it looks like we wont see him in the drills, since he pulled up lame in his 2nd 40 run.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
              But with respect to Sapp and his opinion, I dont think Jordan would be suited to play 4-3 DE at 240-245 lbs. Now if he means not putting on 20lbs to play the 3-4 OLB, than I agree. He probably could put play that position at 250lbs and not lose any of his athletic ability. But if he tried to play 4-3 DE at that weight, he would get washed by the OTs.
              Hes saying the guy should stay put at his current weight and play OLB, because if he tries to bulk up more then he has, it could take away from his explosiveness and ability to drop into coverege... I don't think a 4/3 teams gonna take em personally...

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                Funny stuff from Mayock from by boy Big Hank Hankins, and I quote " A lot of junk in the truck ", ROFL ! But he is doing very well per Mayock.
                I didn't think he moved well at all, personally.. But what do i know?

Comment

• I would love it if Mayock were correct and Werner fell to us. I do not think it will happen, but a guy can hope. Anyone who wants to see how good he can be, go back and watch the 2011 Oklahoma game where he dominated Lane johnson, and everyone else on the Okla O-line who tried to block him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                    I also see that one of nyc's guys is not running the 40, hamstring issue?
                    You talking about Kawaan Short? Ya, stinks...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      I would love it if Mayock were correct and Werner fell to us. I do not think it will happen, but a guy can hope. Anyone who wants to see how good he can be, go back and watch the 2011 Oklahoma game where he dominated Lane johnson, and everyone else on the Okla O-line who tried to block him.
                      Oh, i'm 100pct with you on this one.. Hes gassing Shariff Floyd but downing Werner.. Crazy to me! He brings up a miami game where some guy handled em all day.. Well guess what, u pretty much can find those tapes on everyone.. Werner is a "football" player and a very productive one at that.. U put him on the field and he just knows how to get to the QB and into the backfield.. Some guys are just naturally good at playing this sport, and some are not.. Werener is good!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
                        Okafor goes a little later I think. I'll update when he I see him.
                        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          I would love it if Mayock were correct and Werner fell to us. I do not think it will happen, but a guy can hope. Anyone who wants to see how good he can be, go back and watch the 2011 Oklahoma game where he dominated Lane johnson, and everyone else on the Okla O-line who tried to block him.
                          Another thing like i said, is where does he plan on having Ansah go, if Werner is his num 1 DE, and yet he said hes not a top 10player? Dosen't make sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Oh, i'm 100pct with you on this one.. Hes gassing Shariff Floyd but downing Werner.. Crazy to me! He brings up a miami game where some guy handled em all day.. Well guess what, u pretty much can find those tapes on everyone.. Werner is a "football" player and a very productive one at that.. U put him on the field and he just knows how to get to the QB and into the backfield.. Some guys are just naturally good at playing this sport, and some are not.. Werener is good!
                            Hehe I agree, cept for the part on Floyd. He is my favorite DT, but I do acknowledge the class is a good 1.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              Who did 12 reps? I can do 12 reps at 225. Should expect more from a professional athlete

Comment

• Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                                Thanks
                                He didn't participate. Idk why. just follow it all live here

http://www.walterfootball.com/combine2013DL.php

Comment

Working...
                                X