Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linebackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    In a 4-3 your Mike is usually a stouter guy who eats up runs up the middle or can drop back into the middle to sit on routes, kind of like a pick and roll. They'll usually be heavier than your more athletic 3-4 linebackers who have to cover more ground since your outside linebackers are usually rushing the passer or moving forward for containment. Doesn't necessarily mean tall, but that is a bonus to get the hands up and bat down errant passes.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
      Nico Johnson 6 - 3 @ 245 ran a 4.59 somewhere... Would be a nice 2nd round pick...
      This is where 40 times can not give accurate depiction. Nico Johnson is fast in a straight line its when he has to change directions there is an issue. He would still be an upgrade at MLB on the Giants though

      Comment


      • #18
        I'm actually surprised Arthur Brown made it to 6'. He's a bit stout so it makes him look even smaller on the field.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
          In a 4-3 your Mike is usually a stouter guy who eats up runs up the middle or can drop back into the middle to sit on routes, kind of like a pick and roll. They'll usually be heavier than your more athletic 3-4 linebackers who have to cover more ground since your outside linebackers are usually rushing the passer or moving forward for containment. Doesn't necessarily mean tall, but that is a bonus to get the hands up and bat down errant passes.
          This gets back to what is the defensive vision for this team. There is a miss mash of pieces right now and some of the better players on the team got old very fast. This draft and FA needs to be done with an idea and they run with it.They have some very good Tampa 2 pieces and then others not so much.I think Blackburn and Rolle specifically are forcing this team to play more Cover 3 hence all the soft defense against the pass. Blackburn cant cover the ground to drop deep enough to get the deep middle and Rolle is just a bad safety. Giants need to get a MLB that can drop and a 3 tech that can be disruptive at the very minimum.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            This is where 40 times can not give accurate depiction. Nico Johnson is fast in a straight line its when he has to change directions there is an issue. He would still be an upgrade at MLB on the Giants though
            Eh.. Hes very similar player to Blackburn and to be honest, blackburn probably has better instincts , giving him better chance to make plays on the pass, which Johnson has shown basically zero ability.. I don't see it as much of a upgrade over Blackburn, and that is bad..

            Comment


            • #21
              Ogletree weighed in at 242lbs yesterday! Alec @ 19!!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                Ogletree weighed in at 242lbs yesterday! Alec @ 19!!!!!!!!
                With no off the field stuff, sure. With a couple serious red flags, no way.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Possibilities by round for my taste,
                  Give me ,
                  Te'o in the first and/or trade down in the first for Arthur Brown.
                  Khaseeme Greene in the second
                  Sio or Nico Johnson in the 3 rd.
                  Kiko Johnson or Jon Major in the 4th.
                  Past the 4th round either you keep your hopes high on a ILB project ( lots of those these past years ) or hope Reese hits the jack pot on a ILB gem.
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Here is a write up that cbssports.com did on Olgetree and other potential bust prospects: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...bust-prospects

                    Jones isn't the only Georgia linebacker under the microscope. Alec Ogletree is another. There are plenty of teams out there that can use someone of his ability, but it's not his ability that's an issue. It's his maturity.

                    "The guy's an immature idiot," said one player personnel director.

                    That's one way of putting it. Another is that he's a character concern, with last week's DUI arrest the latest blip on the radar. It wasn't his only arrest; only his most recent, and combine that with a four-game suspension for a positive drug test, and you have a risk some people may not be willing to take.

                    "I'm a good person," Ogletree told reporters. "Everybody makes mistakes. I feel bad about the situation, but I'm learning from it and I'm moving forward."

                    He may not be moving forward in the draft. Ogletree is a potential first-round pick who is explosive, strong, quick, and instinctive, and he could be a high first-round choice. But his recent arrest will back off potential suitors, with one scout telling me it could cause his team to pass on the guy.

                    "I don't know what it's going to do (to my draft status)," said Ogletree. "I feel bad about it. I'm really sorry about it, but I just have to move forward and take whatever I get."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                      Here is a write up that cbssports.com did on Olgetree and other potential bust prospects: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...bust-prospects

                      Jones isn't the only Georgia linebacker under the microscope. Alec Ogletree is another. There are plenty of teams out there that can use someone of his ability, but it's not his ability that's an issue. It's his maturity.

                      "The guy's an immature idiot," said one player personnel director.

                      That's one way of putting it. Another is that he's a character concern, with last week's DUI arrest the latest blip on the radar. It wasn't his only arrest; only his most recent, and combine that with a four-game suspension for a positive drug test, and you have a risk some people may not be willing to take.

                      "I'm a good person," Ogletree told reporters. "Everybody makes mistakes. I feel bad about the situation, but I'm learning from it and I'm moving forward."

                      He may not be moving forward in the draft. Ogletree is a potential first-round pick who is explosive, strong, quick, and instinctive, and he could be a high first-round choice. But his recent arrest will back off potential suitors, with one scout telling me it could cause his team to pass on the guy.

                      "I don't know what it's going to do (to my draft status)," said Ogletree. "I feel bad about it. I'm really sorry about it, but I just have to move forward and take whatever I get."
                      I think he still has a very good chance to go late 1st if not he's not getting past the 2nd.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                        Possibilities by round for my taste,
                        Give me ,
                        Te'o in the first and/or trade down in the first for Arthur Brown.
                        Khaseeme Greene in the second
                        Sio or Nico Johnson in the 3 rd.
                        Kiko Johnson or Jon Major in the 4th.
                        Past the 4th round either you keep your hopes high on a ILB project ( lots of those these past years ) or hope Reese hits the jack pot on a ILB gem.
                        Honestly imo, I dont even want a LB if its not brown, greene or ogletree....I feel we'll end up with another mid-late round guy thatll take up space

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                          Honestly imo, I dont even want a LB if its not brown, greene or ogletree....I feel we'll end up with another mid-late round guy thatll take up space
                          I don't have a feel right now if Reese and Co. are willing to take a LB with that 19 th pick. But Brown could be a good need/value pick at the end of the first because I don't think he will make it all the way to 49 . Greene at 49 ? Very happy with that scenario if it goes down. Ogletree? It's a mystery Reese has to solve weighting his value vs. Risk at any round .
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It really was stupid what the guy did.. Moronic is moer like it... How can u be that stupid when u all ready have red flags at this time of yr? Hes been my dream pick along with Ez Ansah(before ansah leapfrogged up), and i have a hard time thinking its the right move becaue of it.. Then i watch the tape, and without really knowing the guy, i find my greedy side wanting to take em.. Hes ridiculously nasty!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Reese will just over look any decent linebacker, and draft another bust like he does every single year

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                so where does arthur brown, jr. go now? apparently he has a bum shoulder.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X