X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiIdcat
    started a topic Linebackers

Linebackers

I have heard a lot of people say that Khaseem Greene and Arthur Brown are too small to play MLB. My question is why? Brown is 6' 241lbs and Greene is 6'1 242lbs. That is almost exactly the same size as Manti Teo who everyone agrees can and will play MLB.

Patrick Willis 6'1 242
    Navorro Bowman 6' 242
    etc.

So again, why are they "too small" to play MLB?

• Toadofsteel
    replied
    Originally posted by Down at the One View Post
    We desperately need a middle linebacker who can bring an added toughness to our D. How about Alec Ogletree? Get the guy out of Georgia and I think his off field troubles will be history.http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/NFL-...erage-NFC-East
    The Dez Bryant of linebackers? no thanks

Leave a comment:

• Down at the One
    replied
    We desperately need a middle linebacker who can bring an added toughness to our D. How about Alec Ogletree? Get the guy out of Georgia and I think his off field troubles will be history.http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/NFL-...erage-NFC-East

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I would love Greene. Even at OLB this guys will be a monster. He just has all the tools and instinct to make a splash in this league... Pun intended.
    Mayock loves em 2.. THe guys as instinctive a playmaker as there is out there, and can blitz, cover, and defend the run.. I see star when i see Greene.. Sio Moore is a guy i think would offer a ton of versatility for us, and is a beast rushing hte passer but also makes plays against the pass.. Hes a true all around LB with great measurables and off the chart combine results...

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    They have to add both. Pass rush will never get home when the linebackers are not capable of covering any slant routes.
    Yep.

And if we cannot stop the run, like we couldnt vs the skins, we can expect to finish in the bottom of our division again. The Eagles under Kelly will run, and we already know the Skins will run. With all due respect and love to chase for some of this great moments as a Giant, he was pretty bad vs the run at times last year,.

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
    I'm talking a guy like mingo that would be your starting sam, and then stick his hand in the dirt pass plays. Not a mlb that Is a good blitzer. We 100% have to add a pass rusher this off-season.
    They have to add both. Pass rush will never get home when the linebackers are not capable of covering any slant routes.

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    I don't see any DTs in round two that would be better than Brown either. And DE sort of dries up in the second, then starts again in the third.

I understand the value of pass rushers and cover guys, but saying LB has no value in the first three rounds is clearly incorrect. Every defense that is quality has early round non pass rushing linebackers on it.
    You think Brown would make it to the second? With Ogletree's "excellent" off field work, I'd imagine majority of the teams easily have Brown as the top ILB now. Can't see him escaping the top 25 personally.

Leave a comment:

• Imgrate
    replied
    Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I'm with Slip. We dont rush our LBers enough to warrant a statement like "No LB in the first 3 rounds unless he is a pass rusher". 4-3 LBers have many responsibilities, not just pass rushing.
    I'm talking a guy like mingo that would be your starting sam, and then stick his hand in the dirt pass plays. Not a mlb that Is a good blitzer. We 100% have to add a pass rusher this off-season.

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    That's just cb though.
    I don't see any DTs in round two that would be better than Brown either. And DE sort of dries up in the second, then starts again in the third.

I understand the value of pass rushers and cover guys, but saying LB has no value in the first three rounds is clearly incorrect. Every defense that is quality has early round non pass rushing linebackers on it.

Leave a comment:

• Imgrate
    replied
    I don't think anyone outside of Millner is as good at CB as Brown is at LB... But to each their own
    That's just cb though.

Leave a comment:

• AGiantDynasty
    replied
    I'm with Slip. We dont rush our LBers enough to warrant a statement like "No LB in the first 3 rounds unless he is a pass rusher". 4-3 LBers have many responsibilities, not just pass rushing.

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Its more that I believe there will be a player of similar talent level at pass rusher, lde, 3tech or corner available in the first 3 rounds.
    I don't think anyone outside of Millner is as good at CB as Brown is at LB... But to each their own

Leave a comment:

• Imgrate
    replied
    i understand the no non-pass rush guys in the top 10 or even top 20. But to say they have no value in the first three rounds is completely false.
    Its more that I believe there will be a player of similar talent level at pass rusher, lde, 3tech or corner available in the first 3 rounds.

Leave a comment:

• AGiantDynasty
    replied
    I would love Greene. Even at OLB this guys will be a monster. He just has all the tools and instinct to make a splash in this league... Pun intended.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    That's just dumb
    i dunno i kind of agree. with the crop of lbs in this class, if he cant get after the qb or at the least displayed measurables at the combine that suggest he an be coahed to get after the qb, then i wouldnt want him in the first 3 rds either...dunno how thats controversial. i can understand a diff opinion if u feel otherwise, just personal preference i guess

Leave a comment:

Working...
X