this class of rbs makes me thankful for wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this class of rbs makes me thankful for wilson

havent seen a rb yet match wilsons speed/explosion/quickness/athleticism...perhaps that whole "run on the quality rb's" comment he made last year had some foresight into this years draft class...just saying its prob more than coincidence we got a rb capable of starting and doing big things when we did when factoring in this years draft class...Montae Ball could be great but Id be bummed if we entered next season with bradshaw and ball or something...

I thought Knile Davis ran pretty well

Comment

You never know. There's always sleepers. I don't think anyone thought Alfred Morris of the Skins would be as good as he was as well as Doug Martin. They were both thought to be good but not the kind of numbers they put up
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

However if you are the feature neck getting 80/90 percent of the carries then you can put up numbers like that. With the giants system you'd never see that
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

speed/explosion/quickness/athleticism doesnt mean a thing if U cant follow blocks and have poor instincts. Some of the most productive runners in the NFL ran a 4.6

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            speed/explosion/quickness/athleticism doesnt mean a thing if U cant follow blocks and have poor instincts. Some of the most productive runners in the NFL ran a 4.6
            as I said in another thread, I would be all for sacrificing some long speed, if that meant the RB had better vision and balance. And of course, like you said redeye, being able to read/follow blocks and insticts is very important as well. Even Chris Johnson does not bust a big run every time he touches the ball.

Comment

I get what your saying but a 4.6, might be a little stretch.
              Last edited by quan the don; 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

thats true but irrelevant here imo bc imo wilson follows his blocks and has good instincts. those werent the issues with his lack of playing time imo, that was due to pass protection and perhaps a strong loyalty to veteran experience...

Comment

Andre Brown has a long injury past & scott we dont know what were getting....I hope we do our RB homework & are able to grab a steal in 5th-7th....
                  Small school under the radar guy,guy that slides due to minor off field stuff like we had with bradshaw,etc....

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    You never know. There's always sleepers. I don't think anyone thought Alfred Morris of the Skins would be as good as he was as well as Doug Martin. They were both thought to be good but not the kind of numbers they put up
                    The skins are a system with that zone blocking scheme where you can plug and play a bull type RB and have success... I bet 2012 Jacobs would have excelled in that system...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

It wouldent shock me if there is 5-10 backs in this draft that end up starting. To be honest, Marcus Lattimore could end up being one of the best backs to come out since Adrian Peterson if he comes back from his injury all right which i think he will.. Knile Davis , Christine Michael, Giovanni Bernard, Mike Gilislee, Jonathan Franklin, Joseph Randle, Montee Ball, Le'veon Bell, all have a chance to make a big impact in the NFL..

Its not as if its a terribly weak RB class by any means.. Plenty of Starting potential, and when u start, u have a chance to be a bigtime NFL back...

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                        Andre Brown has a long injury past & scott we dont know what were getting....I hope we do our RB homework & are able to grab a steal in 5th-7th....
                        Small school under the radar guy,guy that slides due to minor off field stuff like we had with bradshaw,etc....
                        Better yet get an UDRFA, let see if Reese can work his magic again. I still think there are many holes to fill in other places to " waste " picks. That been said if BPA holds true you never know.
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          The skins are a system with that zone blocking scheme where you can plug and play a bull type RB and have success... I bet 2012 Jacobs would have excelled in that system...
                          Ron Dayne averaged 5YPC is a zone blocking scheme

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            It wouldent shock me if there is 5-10 backs in this draft that end up starting. To be honest, Marcus Lattimore could end up being one of the best backs to come out since Adrian Peterson if he comes back from his injury all right which i think he will.. Knile Davis , Christine Michael, Giovanni Bernard, Mike Gilislee, Jonathan Franklin, Joseph Randle, Montee Ball, Le'veon Bell, all have a chance to make a big impact in the NFL..

Its not as if its a terribly weak RB class by any means.. Plenty of Starting potential, and when u start, u have a chance to be a bigtime NFL back...
                            Im all for taking a RB 3rd day. RB's are 1 of the better positions to pick late value wise. I still think the team needs 1 more guy

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post

i didnt and dont see a rb who has wilsons skill set/ceiling let alone the other rbs taken before him in rd 1. rbs are a dime a dozen position so it wouldnt surprise me at all if some rbs from this class end up starting somewhere someday, i just dont see any of the rbs in this class coming close to the class last yr, and i wonder if jr, in scouting players and stuff, felt that this class would be weak as well and factored that into deciding to take wilson last yr and not chance it this one...food for thought is all

Comment

Working...
                              X