Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Lotulelei sidelined by heart condition..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Lotulelei sidelined by heart condition..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ion-at-combine

yeah I saw that a few minutes ago on espn.com as well. I hope its not too serious. Your life/health comes first, I'm glad the medical staff caught it. I will be pulling for the guy, my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Comment

Combine may have saved his life...

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Combine may have saved his life...
        and ended his career.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
          and ended his career.
          Dont know about that yet. But either way, death would have ended his career too...

Comment

He has a 44 % ejection fraction , that's not good at any age or in any specific disease.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Speaks volumes about the medical staff at Utah. Hopefully this is result of the overtraining/weight cutting guys do before the "Underwear Olympics" and he is medically cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                Speaks volumes about the medical staff at Utah. Hopefully this is result of the overtraining/weight cutting guys do before the "Underwear Olympics" and he is medically cleared.
                I don't believe that can cause this. I think that can only make the effects of it worse.

Comment

Hope it turns out to be something he can overcome and still continue his career. He was projected as #2 DT.
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    Dont know about that yet. But either way, death would have ended his career too...
                    ok slip, if for some reason he falls to us do we roll the dice?

Comment

the elephant in the room..

Comment

I don't know his medical. If his medical clears sure.

Comment

It doesn't sound good. Its very unlikely that a congenital heart defect gets symtomatic at his age, even more unlikely when he has already went thru a whole college career in sports like he has with out any problems but still possible. Other reasons could be an infectious heart disease, idiosyncratic drug interactions including steroids among other etiologies. I feel for him, really and hope he gets well soon.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Thats why the Giants pay doctors. Im with what they decide.
                            Star was a risky pick though anyway. The guy looked like Suh at beginning of the USC game but then is pretty much invisible for 3 quarters. If u could get the guy that started the USC game every snap he played even with reduced snaps he would be well worth a Top 10 pick. U just rarely see him play that well

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Thats why the Giants pay doctors. Im with what they decide.
                              Star was a risky pick though anyway. The guy looked like Suh at beginning of the USC game but then is pretty much invisible for 3 quarters. If u could get the guy that started the USC game every snap he played even with reduced snaps he would be well worth a Top 10 pick. U just rarely see him play that well
                              Isn't he projected as more of a 3-4 NT?

Comment

Working...
                              X