Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alec Ogletree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alec Ogletree

    Was not really interested in this guy because of character concerns . I still have them , but after watching this highlight tape ,Id be lying if I said I wasnt excited to have him on our team . Hes a beast , and he was doing it against sec opponents , top talent in the land . Check out the vid






    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZOXZcRZNM

  • #2
    Forgot to mention : watch the stop he makes on the goal line against Alabama running back Lacy one on one . Impressive !

    Comment


    • #3
      he isnt a stack n shed type LB. He'd need a DL to keep him virtually clean in a 4-3. everyone sees the athleticism and him flying around, and while those things are great, it doesnt make him a mlb. at least not day 1 imo and then i dont want him rd 1 really. i mean id still be stoked with the pick bc he does some edge rushing, is a converted safety, and can be used all over the place, but dont we already have that kinda guy in jwill?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        he isnt a stack n shed type LB. He'd need a DL to keep him virtually clean in a 4-3. everyone sees the athleticism and him flying around, and while those things are great, it doesnt make him a mlb. at least not day 1 imo and then i dont want him rd 1 really. i mean id still be stoked with the pick bc he does some edge rushing, is a converted safety, and can be used all over the place, but dont we already have that kinda guy in jwill?
        Then most of the stack n shed guys can't play the pass....it is what it is, that's the draft.....

        Comment


        • #5
          He needs some help on his playlist.
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            he isnt a stack n shed type LB. He'd need a DL to keep him virtually clean in a 4-3. everyone sees the athleticism and him flying around, and while those things are great, it doesnt make him a mlb. at least not day 1 imo and then i dont want him rd 1 really. i mean id still be stoked with the pick bc he does some edge rushing, is a converted safety, and can be used all over the place, but dont we already have that kinda guy in jwill?
            i think converting him back to safety to stop the run would be ideal given his size and speed...I like Te'o as a true MLB but I would not be upset with ogle tree except for the off-field issues. Our three safety defense would love this guy since technically he is both a safety And LB.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think we should move Ogletree back to safety, he has already put some size; moving him to safety would be just a waist of a good player in my opinion, because ewe need more help at LB.

              What we could do thou is get Amerson in the third and convert him back to safety, that would make more sense than Ogletree.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm with you. REALLY want this guy and have disagreed some posters' opinions of his film. I think it's pretty impressive (stops Lacy dead in his tracks, and I think it was McCallebb from Auburn he got to from behind) . I would be THRILLED to get him at #19. I also disagree that he needs help in front. He gets off of blocks well and is still improving at the position. He played in the SEC and was a star... with all the talen on the field in the SECCG, he stood out. That's impressive.
                Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM.
                2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

                Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

                Comment


                • #9
                  As much as I like his play, I do not think he has a chance of being the Giants 1st round pick. Not after that DUI.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    As much as I like his play, I do not think he has a chance of being the Giants 1st round pick. Not after that DUI.
                    I think the Giants will regret that if thats the way it plays out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                      I think the Giants will regret that if thats the way it plays out.
                      It's not like he's the only good player in the draft. And immaturity makes me nervous about how hard he will work to be a top player. In general handing a guy millions of dollars doesn't make them grow up

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                        I think the Giants will regret that if thats the way it plays out.
                        They won't regret it if they select an OT, which they desperately need MORE than LB...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I want Ogletree as much as the next guy, just don't want to get my hopes up anymore..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Quick, name the last LB we drafted in the 1st round.

                            And the last OT we drafted in the first round.

                            IMO, those are 2 very thin position for us, and there is a reason we are thin there.
                            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              It's not like he's the only good player in the draft. And immaturity makes me nervous about how hard he will work to be a top player. In general handing a guy millions of dollars doesn't make them grow up
                              when it comes to immaturity and millions of dollars, all you have to do is look at Kenny Britt---lots of talent, a favorite of some on these boards back then. But a good choice for Reese to pass on him then and go with Nicks.

                              Like you said in another post, most likely Ogletree is not on the Giants big board at 19, especially after this latest DUI. 3 red flags dont bode well for him to become a Giant

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X