No announcement yet.

Alec Ogletree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nice thing is that there are other solid ILBs that fit our 4-3 scheme, just not comfortable with his maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      It's not like he's the only good player in the draft. And immaturity makes me nervous about how hard he will work to be a top player. In general handing a guy millions of dollars doesn't make them grow up
      Yeh but you have these worries with anyone draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Quick, name the last LB we drafted in the 1st round.

And the last OT we drafted in the first round.

IMO, those are 2 very thin position for us, and there is a reason we are thin there.
        Yea I don't see us going in that direction either, I'm going to guess we draft a DE or DT

Comment

i found it telling the analysts were commenting how Ogeltree is "gonna be in a lot of trouble if OLmen get their hands on him. They'll swallow him up...He's very lean almost too lean. He looks like a DB standing inbetween LB's."

I will say this, if we're trying to run a Fewell Tampa 2 concept, Ogeltree would prob be the best MLB possible...Urlacher was also a converted safety. He doesnt come close to Ogeltrees measurements tho

Comment

what these analysts are saying is that all these players are average and there are no elite defensive players in the draft, so I think it would be a better choice to go with o-line in the 1st round

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
              Yeh but you have these worries with anyone draft pick.
              More so with a guy who knows that character concerns might affect his draft status, yet gets popped for DUI one week before the combine. That shows a startling level of stupidity and immaturity.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                It's not like he's the only good player in the draft. And immaturity makes me nervous about how hard he will work to be a top player. In general handing a guy millions of dollars doesn't make them grow up
                Agreed, he is not. However, he is the type of playmaker the Giants have lacked at the LB spot since Armsted played here. A true sideline to sideline player.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  More so with a guy who knows that character concerns might affect his draft status, yet gets popped for DUI one week before the combine. That shows a startling level of stupidity and immaturity.
                  hopefully because of that he will fall to 19

Comment

Ogletree is this year's Fleener lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      Ogletree is this year's Fleener lol
                      who will be this year's Wilson? you know, the draft pick that nobody wants lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        Sam Montgomery. He openly admitted to not giving effort week in and week out during the football season. I'd rage hard if he was drafted by Reese.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                          Eifert

Comment

Coradelle Patterson lol, most like Wilson as far as PR and KR's ..guy runs like a RB...followed by Matthieu

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                              Coradelle Patterson lol, most like Wilson as far as PR and KR's ..guy runs like a RB...followed by Matthieu
                              Reese does love his WRs but I'm getting a huge Ted Ginn vibe from Patterson. If we do go for another WR, I'd rather take a chance on a late round selection who has a good grasp of route running and maybe some athletic upside.

Comment

Who would of thought of the three Georgia LB's that Alec may be the least athletic?? Cornelius Washington....holy ****!!
                                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                                X