No announcement yet.

Shamarko Thomas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just dont know if he fits our d. fewells already forced into cover 3 concepts bc rolle simply cant cover his 1/2 the field. we want to be a cover 2 team, at least thats what some of the more studied fans here have said. im all for drafting this kid. honestly, when a kid puts up the #'s he did,and i compare it to his tape, i dont hold it against him i actually rank him higher bc of the team/defense he was on. if hes there in the 3rd id grab him. he could be a beast in the nfl with the proper coaching
    but again, depends on what fewell wants to do on D...i think we're trying to get away from the S at the LOS as a base formation almost. i think if we go LB eearly, it could be to get back to a cover 2 d more consistently. if we dont grab a LB, we're gonna need the S around the LOS to help out with the LBs so then we could take him the 3rd...?

Comment

I think he can play in our system personally. He has the speed to help with the deep ball if we go to the 2 S look. He can run up and help against the run well even if he is not lined up in the box. He has good hands so he can make a play on the ball. He can also make people pay for going across the middle. Like Kenny Phillips did early on as a Giant. He will probably have to get used to the NFL target area on defenseless WRs. I really think him and Will Hill could be our Safeties for years to come bc I like both of their abilities to tackle and can cover pretty well too.
      sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

I just see penalty flags when I see this kid. I think fans and old school players need to recognize that the safety position has changed. This kid is a hell of a player and athlete, but the game is , in my opinion, moving away from the missile safeties.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X