Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manti Te'o Fails To Impress at 2013 NFL Combine

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...ew-york-giants

Excerpt: "This was not a good day for Manti Te'o.

Questions have swirled around Te'o ever since the fake girlfriend hoax, and since he played horrendously for Notre Dame in the national championship game against Alabama. Leading up to the 2013 NFL combine most NFL Draft analysts figured that Te'o could put most of those questions about his maturity and judgment to rest by impressing on the field during the scouting combine.
    Unfortunately, that isn't what happened.

Teo' ran a mediocre 4.82 40-yard dash, which got this reaction from Baltimore Ravens' coach John Harbaugh -- a team that needs a middle linebacker:
    Thus, it was a performance that raised more questions about Te'o. Here is some of what was said on Twitter:" Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ouch 4.82 i think Chase is even faster than that, at least on Game day

Comment

is this strike 3..?

Comment

I don't think that there was ever a chance that we would take him in the first

Comment

John Harbaugh didn't appear impressed.
          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

The guy's stock is dropping like a rock, he'll be lucky to go on the second day at this rate!

Comment

Well, I guess he better hope for a great pro day. I thought Teo might be suited for a 3-4 ILB position, but when you have a coach (John Harbaugh) shaking his head at the combine, it makes one wonder how far will he drop, and who will be the team that ultimately drafts him.

I know the 40 isnt everything, heck I remember some of the debates on the boards regarding LBs of past drafts, most recently last year with that kid from UCLA, Ayers.

Comment

So, a 6'5" 300 plus OL ran a faster 40 than Te'o ? Not good at all.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Well to be fair that OL ran better than a lot of people smaller than he is.

Comment

teo looked about as fluid as ray lewis...at age 37 or whatever he is...still, if hes there in rd 2, id grab him i really would. i still dont put all this stock in the combine and negate the body of work. i believe he could be a solid 2 down mlb. on 3rd downs move Jwill to the mike like we did with boley

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Well to be fair that OL ran better than a lot of people smaller than he is.
                      LOL ! You are right on that but Manti Te'o is rated as the No. 2 ILB in this years draft and Armstead wasn't even on radar . You would expect better from Te'o . That been said Manti is a 4.8 LB on tape and should not surprise his 40 time at the combine.

Comment

He might have tested a 4.82, but he said that we was running close to 4.5 on his preparation. He is treating with more stuff than the normal players are, he will run faster on his pro day, just chill out.

Comment

terrell suggs ran a 4.84 at the combine, would you want him on our team?

Comment

Hey I'm cool just stating the facts., it is what it is .

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                              terrell suggs ran a 4.84 at the combine, would you want him on our team?
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X