Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone thinking about Teo in the later rounds ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    Until he has to drop in coverage or turn and run...
    I'm not so worried about how good a MLB's coverage skills are... it's like asking how well can a CB rush a QB. Sure there are times where that would actually be used, but it's not the primary skill set to worry about...

Honestly, Minter in the 2nd is my dream pick right there...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

toad-and i dont think slips accurate on his description of minter either. he looked like one of the most fluid mlbs today in his back pedal and turning the hips.

but i also agree with another point that in our system, the mlb doesnt have to be able to drop into coverage. sure, it'd be great. but on those 3rd down passing downs, we can just move jwill to the mike like we did with boley.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
        You seriously think that taking Te'o in the second round would be bad?! You must be out of your mind. The kid is no superstar, but the intangibles that he brings to the game such as leadership is something that will make him a great second rounder. I would be seriously jumping up and down if we take him on the second.

He said he was running 4.6s in his preparation, and yeah he blamed on his stress, because he does have to treat more with outside stuff than the other players. He'll run faster on the Pro Day.
        LEADERSHIP???? He can't manage his own life, how can he lead others? Just asking.

Comment

You seriously think that taking Te'o in the second round would be bad?! You must be out of your mind. The kid is no superstar, but the intangibles that he brings to the game such as leadership is something that will make him a great second rounder. I would be seriously jumping up and down if we take him on the second.

He said he was running 4.6s in his preparation, and yeah he blamed on his stress, because he does have to treat more with outside stuff than the other players. He'll run faster on the Pro Day.
          He was stressed ? LOL .
          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            I think his perceived "free-fall" is completely overblown. Sure, the GF incident is weird and makes him look like a sociopath, but he could eradicate that with effective interviews.

Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout, has even said that he viewed Te'o -- before, and after the BCS National Championship -- as a late first guy, and still does.
            Agreed.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

He SUCKED in the Alabama game and he is a head case. What you witnessed in the AL game was a preview of what he will be like in the NFL. BUST, BUST, BUST!! Take an SEC player instead!

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                He was stressed ? LOL .
                I should keep that LOL until he runs in his pro day. And if you seriously thinks we shouldn't draft him in the second, because he ran a 4.82 than you would be the same person that passed on Suggs because he ran a 4.84.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy View Post
                  LEADERSHIP???? He can't manage his own life, how can he lead others? Just asking.
                  If you seriously thinks that Te'o leadership isn't his biggest factor than you should probably re-think that. If this kid has anything going for him right now that would be his leadership. And he can,'t manage his own life?! Dude the media OWNS Te'os life right now. He should have been more direct and said that who gives a damn I'm still a good football player, but he didn't and now the media still owns his life.

Comment

te'o will get toasted by the NYC media if he comes here. He'll be in the loony bin within a year

Comment

It hurt him but not that much, I think if he had run a 4.75 no one would have said a word. He is still an athletic big guy in the middle...

Comment

Antonio Pierce wasn't very fast, but he was a pretty solid MLB

Comment

I should keep that LOL until he runs in his pro day. And if you seriously thinks we shouldn't draft him in the second, because he ran a 4.82 than you would be the same person that passed on Suggs because he ran a 4.84.
                          Te'o Height: 6 ft 1 in Weight: 241 lb

Suggs Height: 6 ft 3 in Weight: 260 lb

T-Sizzle has played many snaps as a DE in the NFL. I'm not sure why people keep on making this comparison. Te'o's combine stats are blown away by Luke Keuchly's and he went at twelve. 19 is too early to pick him and I doubt he falls far into the 2nd round.
                          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            He won't drop much at all. That's what he was on tape. I still say late 1st rounder. Maybe early 2nd
                            Agreed.. We all knew he wasen;t gonna test off the charts at the combine, so nothing really changed much for him, albeit maybe a few spots or something.. Someones gonna think they got great value toward end of RD1 with Him(possibly ravens) and take a shot....

Comment

Working...
                            X