Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?

“We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who drafted a character risk in corner Jayron Hosley a year ago. “We’ll investigate it and we’ll see how it goes.”

If Te'o I still available by the time they get to pick 19 I think he'll be a Giant and I don't disagree because we need a linebackers badly!!

I don't know. After his combine it looks like Chase may be more athletic than he is in his current form. Plus, they're saying size wise(at the combine he came in at 6011 and 241lbs.) he is more apt for the outside. Now, apparently, the questions surrounding him are not whether his heart is in football or anything similar to that...it is his sexual preference. I think there may be too much of a black cloud around this guy for the the normally media savvy Giants to take a chance on.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I don't see it..

Comment

Ton of guys I'd rather have at LB than Te'o from this draft. The underrated Arthur Brown from Kansas State, speedy Zaviar Gooden from Mizzou, or the versatile Jamie Collins from Southern Miss.

Comment

Eh..this was his moment to prove people wrong from his bad play in the BCS title game and he looked very very average.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

At 19, no thanks.

Comment

Well Reese already said he thinks the whole "catfishing" thing was blown outta proportion...and just because a player doesn't do well in the combine its not really a big deal, that means he'll probably drop down further in the draft but it still won't negate his natural ability to perform as far as the whole sexual preference goes...who cares if he's a sack chaser just keep it to himself and he'll be fine.......

Comment

Originally posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
                “We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who drafted a character risk in corner Jayron Hosley a year ago. “We’ll investigate it and we’ll see how it goes.”

If Te'o I still available by the time they get to pick 19 I think he'll be a Giant and I don't disagree because we need a linebackers badly!!
                So you want a drama queen who underperformed at the Combine and got absolutely abused during the BCS Championship.

And yet, sadly, this may very well be an improvement to our current LB corps.

No way with our first pick though. In the third round or later, tops (and I still don't want him ... I'd rather have Arthur Brown).
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Well Reese already said he thinks the whole "catfishing" thing was blown outta proportion...and just because a player doesn't do well in the combine its not really a big deal, that means he'll probably drop down further in the draft but it still won't negate his natural ability to perform as far as the whole sexual preference goes...who cares if he's a sack chaser just keep it to himself and he'll be fine.......
                  Why ask the question if you already have the answer in your mind? Just pointing out the issues that tell me no, they won't take him.

Comment

It's not the off the field stuff for me. The way I see it is that there are a decent amount of other LBs who have superior sideline to sideline speed (which was sorely missed in our games against the Redskins) and offer more than just the usual 4-3 LB package too. Collins can play with his hand in the dirt and be a force for us rushing the passer on 3rd down. Gooden's athleticism will allow us to use him to cover more speedy players than Te'o could.

Te'o seems like a cool dude but he has 3-4 written all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      Te'o seems like a cool dude but he has 3-4 written all over him.
                      I agree, and think ultimately he may translate to a 3-4 ILB. He definitely needs to have a great pro day now to lift some of the doubts on his skills.

As for the whole catfishing thing, I would not consider that a red flag compared to other players who have done worse things(arrests, failed drug tests).

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                        At 19, no thanks.
                        ^ this.. no way is he a 19th overall pick. At least not in my book. Id take a 3 down LB in the first, which I dont think he is. If he was around for us in the 2nd then I'd bite, but I have a feeling someone will pick him up by then. Im guessing he's an early 2nd rounder. We def need a LB in this draft, but I see us taking someone else at 19.
                        Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 02-26-2013, 11:44 AM.
                        2017 Draft Wishlist:
                        1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                        2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                        3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                        4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                        5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                        6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                        7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                        "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                        - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

ND fan my whole life, I would love to see Te'o in Blue.
                          sigpic

Comment

I see no way that we draft Teo at 19.

Comment

Teo's stock dropped like a rock at the combine and on this board as well. most guys were all over Teo a few weeks ago and now he's looking more like a 3rd rounder....

Comment

Working...
                              X