Tyrann Mathieu as a Hybrid Safety/Linebacker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrann Mathieu as a Hybrid Safety/Linebacker

Watching him play made me think that he can improve our Nascar package and multiple Safety look. He ran fast at the combine (4.43) and is a tough tough kid. Plays with a controlled reckless abandon and has good football instincts. Dieon Sanders says he can be a great outside corner but for us he can help out a lot in a free roam role.
    sigpic

4 reps on the bench? Why don't we just draft his sister?

After he's had a year to prepare for this combine, 4 reps on the bench speaks volumes about his work ethic.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Mathiew is a very talented football player who comes with huge character issues and no doubt he'll help the team that drafts him but the team will have to put an ankle bracelet on him to keep track of him off the field...

Comment

Warren Sapp benched 16 as a DT, now he's in the HOF, whats your point?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
          4 reps on the bench is an embarassment. That doesn't cause you any concern at all? To me, this means that this guy has not put in one ounce of work in the weight room at all, despite not playing football and having so much time to prepare for the combine. Speaks volume about his work ethic, maturity and discipline (as if his prior problems haven't already spoken enough about those things).

If you have followed the Giants at all over the years, you would know that this is not a Giants type pick.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            4 reps on the bench is an embarassment. That doesn't cause you any concern at all? To me, this means that this guy has not put in one ounce of work in the weight room at all, despite not playing football and having so much time to prepare for the combine. Speaks volume about his work ethic, maturity and discipline (as if his prior problems haven't already spoken enough about those things).

If you have followed the Giants at all over the years, you would know that this is not a Giants type pick.
            Im sure being 5'9 175lbs. has a lot to do with it.
            sigpic

Comment

So I gather that your answer is that it causes you no concern at all.

Comment

Eh, we already have Hosley as our small DB. I get the appeal with Mathieu but I don't want a precedent set where our backfield ends up becoming a bunch of smaller guys.

Comment

If you want a S/LB hybrid Shamarko Thomas would be my guy. I have been high on him for months and the guy would hit a house if the coaches asked him too. He is a hardworking high character kid.

Comment

After he's had a year to prepare for this combine, 4 reps on the bench speaks volumes about his work ethic.
                    That and I think his sister is bigger.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

A weak 5'9" 175lb S/LB Hybrid. Picture that. Lol.

Comment

Please NOOOOOOOO....this guy sounds and looks like a headcase. We have already have Hosley for the slot.....nuff said.

Comment

Agreed, I wouldn't make a big deal about the 4 reps especially considering his stature. Mathieu did run a 4.5 unofficial on one of his 40 attempts, I'd be more concerned with that. I wouldn't want a 4.4 - 4.5 short corner on an island covering a stud WR.
                          Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

I know several people about that size that can put 225 more that that. And this guy is an nfl prospect...
                            Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

I said the same thing on Twitter it bothers me more because of that then only getting 4 reps

Comment

Working...
                              X