Xavier Rhodes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titwio View Post
    I'm getting worried all the guys I want won't be available this year. Rhodes will clearly be the 2nd corner off the board, Ansah will go top 12 (most likely), Lane (3rd OT) will likely be gone, Ogletree has the red flags...

Right now it's looking like the best players available will be Jonathon Cooper, Sheldon Richardson, Alex Okafor or DJ Fluker (guys I can see being on the Giants big board). If Star's heart condition really is an issue that just makes it worse for the Giants cause that drops one less guy taken ahead of them.

If it plays out like this I really hope the Giants trade down.
    AH finally some sense..I will be thrilled to hear J Cooper's name in our slot!
    sigpic

Comment

If teams go QB crazy again with Geno and Barkley....maybe even Glennon (never know, it happened with Gabbert, Ponder and Locker) that would be great for the Giants.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Rhodes isnt nearly as physical as he should be at 6'2 210... He likes to hit/tackle, but he does not like taking on blockers, and WRs that are much smaller than him get him off balance on occasion with their hands.

He is all around pretty poor with his hands, both jamming and stacking/shedding.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Rhodes isnt nearly as physical as he should be at 6'2 210... He likes to hit/tackle, but he does not like taking on blockers, and WRs that are much smaller than him get him off balance on occasion with their hands.

He is all around pretty poor with his hands, both jamming and stacking/shedding.
          I agree he isn't the most physical corner but his cover skills might be the best in the class. He's a guy you can leave on an island and feel good about. He's also good in zone. That along with his height/size is enough for me. The Giants can always coach him up on his technique for the areas he lacks.

Comment

I agree he isn't the most physical corner but his cover skills might be the best in the class. He's a guy you can leave on an island and feel good about. He's also good in zone. That along with his height/size is enough for me. The Giants can always coach him up on his technique for the areas he lacks.
            Well he has so much length he can really shut down most passing lanes. Physically he does remind me a lot of Prince, just a lot more arm length, and a bit less physical.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
              Think the Reese will use a 3rd #1 pick on a CB in 6 years? Especially considering we dropped a 3rd round pick on one last year?
              As the saying goes, " Can't have enough cover CB or pass rushers " .
              That been said I expect the BPA at DE, DL, OL, CB or LB with the 19 th pick.
              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

My ideal situation has always been to let Webster finish out his final year while drafting Rhodes. As much as I like Rhodes as a prospect and felt that he had the most upside, I'd be nervous with him starting day 1 as he got away with a lot in college that he won't be able to at the next level. With a few years fine-tuning, I think he can be a very good corner in the NFL.

Comment

isnt rhodes issue that he isnt much of a run defender? not sure that works with this D, the coreners have to be able to tackle as well as cover.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                    isnt rhodes issue that he isnt much of a run defender? not sure that works with this D, the coreners have to be able to tackle as well as cover.
                    He will tackle, but he is not really willing to throw his body in there in a pile or against an OL or anyone significantly larger than him. Occasionally he will do it, but not enough

Comment

Yes, everything I have read seems to mention run support is not a strong point. I think that takes him out of the equation for us. Trufant is more our kinda guy IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                        Yes, everything I have read seems to mention run support is not a strong point. I think that takes him out of the equation for us. Trufant is more our kinda guy IMHO.
                        Trufant is even less physical than Rhodes. And his tackling leaves much to be desired.

Comment

I trust Reese to choose the right corner..He selected TT and Prince, Ross was awesome his first year, with the superman TD's lol. I believe he was a big part of our superbowl run, then injured his shoulder in the playoffs. Drafting Rhodes with Prince would create a lot of coverage sacks.

Comment

I really like jonathan banks if he falls to us. I think he fits the giants D well. but I also think there are some good corners in the 2nd and 3rd so most likely no CB selected at 19.

Comment

I really like jonathan banks if he falls to us. I think he fits the giants D well. but I also think there are some good corners in the 2nd and 3rd so most likely no CB selected at 19.
                              It would be awesome if Banks ended up sliding to the Giants in the 2nd.

Comment

It would be awesome if Banks ended up sliding to the Giants in the 2nd.
                                yeah it would but I think he goes very early 2nd if not the 1st where he will most likely go.

Comment

Working...
                                X