Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xavier Rhodes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    He will tackle, but he is not really willing to throw his body in there in a pile or against an OL or anyone significantly larger than him. Occasionally he will do it, but not enough
    I do not agree. In fact I think he is the best run support corner in the draft, or at least right up there with anyone.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      I do not agree. In fact I think he is the best run support corner in the draft, or at least right up there with anyone.
      You dont agree with what

      Comment


      • #33
        I think Logan Ryan is best tackler/run support corner. I think Banks is even more adept at it. I don't think that's the defining asset in what Giants look for in a corner though. Rhodes can at least be coached to do so.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
          I think Logan Ryan is best tackler/run support corner. I think Banks is even more adept at it. I don't think that's the defining asset in what Giants look for in a corner though. Rhodes can at least be coached to do so.
          it is a big factor with the day and age of the spread offense. if he hasn't been strong in run support to this point will he ever be able? coaching can't fix a guy not willing to get down and dirty.

          Comment


          • #35
            So sacrifice a potential cover corner for one who can tackle? That's absurd even for a tampa2 team. Not demeaning its value in the eyes of scouts, but it will always be evaluated within the context of the player's cover abilities. And tackling can absolutely be taught, especially when you have a guy with the size and length of Rhodes.

            Besides, Giants already drafted Hosley, to be the nickel no less, who himself was inconsistent in wrapping.
            Last edited by penguinfarmer; 02-26-2013, 07:35 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              We need a player who is going to step in right away and can play a majority of downs. That has not happened in a while. Rhodes has a better chance than ansah. We also need major help at the tackle position. Fluker is a beast and will be there at 19. I am still waiting to see what the plan is for the over paid Webster and Diehl. Personally, I think we should dump both of them. I would have gotten rid of them before Bradshaw. I would not mind trading up for the right price. Although, I would trade out of the first round and get two first rounders next year to move up and grab Clowney from South Carolina. The guy is a beast. The next LT.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                So sacrifice a potential cover corner for one who can tackle? That's absurd even for a tampa2 team. Not demeaning its value in the eyes of scouts, but it will always be evaluated within the context of the player's cover abilities. And tackling can absolutely be taught, especially when you have a guy with the size and length of Rhodes.

                Besides, Giants already drafted Hosley, to be the nickel no less, who himself was inconsistent in wrapping.
                It's not tackling that's the issue. Rhodes can tackle.

                It's he isn't that willing to take on bigger blockers. Hosley is the opposite. He will throw his body in there against anyone at any size but isn't particularly great at tackling.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I have no issue nor did i with Xavier Rhodes as our 1st rder... Maybe i thought 19 was a tad early but i wouldent' of fret to much.. I'd of always been fine at 24-31 range... Trufant is gonna be going pretty high as well.. Im fine taking Jamar Taylor or Darius Slay in RD 2.. Jonathan Banks might fall to late 1st rd, so u might be able to trade down and get ex picks and get a guy like Jonathan Banks and ex picks or something like that..

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    I have no issue nor did i with Xavier Rhodes as our 1st rder... Maybe i thought 19 was a tad early but i wouldent' of fret to much.. I'd of always been fine at 24-31 range... Trufant is gonna be going pretty high as well.. Im fine taking Jamar Taylor or Darius Slay in RD 2.. Jonathan Banks might fall to late 1st rd, so u might be able to trade down and get ex picks and get a guy like Jonathan Banks and ex picks or something like that..
                    I think there will be good value in the 2nd round at corner Id wait. i dont see a huge difference between the 1st and 2nd rounders

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I would say you have it the other way around. As of now, I wouldn't call him a good tackler and he does take poor angles. But I hardly think he's shown a propensity to shy away from blocks at the POA. If anything, he just doesn't know how use his hands and arms to his advantage which can be coached.

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8OFJ5tuOY
                      Last edited by penguinfarmer; 02-26-2013, 08:03 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                        I would say you have it the other way around. As of now, I wouldn't call him a good tackler and he does take poor angles. But I hardly think he's shown a propensity to shy away from blocks at the POA. If anything, he just doesn't know how use his hands and arms to his advantage which can be coached.

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8OFJ5tuOY
                        All you have to do is watch when a team pulls an OL out after him. He ducks and weaves and does everything he can to avoid them. He should be getting in their face or taking out their legs. Or at least getting to their outside and forcing the runner inside.

                        In general he doesn't have many issues tackling.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          You dont agree with what
                          The notion that is wont "throw his body in there."

                          I have not seen him shy away from contact, or throwing himself around.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

                            he doesn't have any issues tackling.
                            I fixed it for you
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              The notion that is wont "throw his body in there."

                              I have not seen him shy away from contact, or throwing himself around.
                              Just watch the first minute or two. http://youtu.be/PBZzYCQVdgs


                              But some games he is much more willing to take on bigger guys. He's just not consistent physically
                              Last edited by slipknottin; 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by titwio View Post
                                Trufant is even less physical than Rhodes. And his tackling leaves much to be desired.
                                Not from what I read slick. Go read some reviews of his Senior Bowl practice and game performance.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X