No announcement yet.

Draft MLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no thats what im saying, that we trade back if ogeltrees there and someone else wants him, and we just go bpa or get solid but not the best ready to go talent with 2 2nd rd picks and 2 3rd rd picks if we can trade back. that way we'd be able to, presumably, get 2 OL and 2 DL or throw a LB in there and remove an OL or DL...this draft has a ton of like above avg players that luckily for us imo, a lot of them displayed pretty damn elite measurements. that will crowd the player pool for the first 2 rds with quality players but also a fair share of guys who will be busts after teams rely too heavily on the combine and excuse the game tape...

Comment

If we want a do it all linebacker, I think it has to be Arthur Brown. But to get the best value out of the pick he would have to go after our first and before our second in my eyes. It would require some sort of tricky trade that I don't see happening. I doubt he's there by our second pick and Ogletree is the ideal pick in my eyes unless one of the elite lineman fall into our laps in the first.

I'm high on Arthur Brown and Khaseem Greene. You could probably throw Kevin Minter into the conversation too.

Comment

I can't imagine Teo in blue, if only for the circus he'll bring. If we do take Ogletree, though, I'll feel confident that the team has done its homework. As for the other LB's: Minter and Greene strike me as 3-4 thumpers, though I do love the way Greene plays. Arthur Jones could be a value in the 3rd - good wheels & good coverage skills, though he makes some mental mistakes - gap assignments, for one - and his tackling isn't great.

Comment

Based on play and potential, Ogletree is the only MLB worth the 19th pick. I do not believe in spending a 1st round pick on a guy who plays 2/3 downs and ofletree is the only guy who is a 3 down LB of those 3 listed(minter. Ogle, Te'o).

The problem is his off the field issue makes him not worth the risk because it is a serious indication of a lack of maturity.

I am no prophet, but I do not believe we will be spending our 1st round pick on a MLB based on this info.
          sigpic

Comment

We desperately need a middle linebacker who can bring an added toughness to our D. How about Alec Ogletree? Get the guy out of Georgia and I think his off field troubles will be history.http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/NFL-...erage-NFC-East

Comment

I like Ogletree, Teo is the one with serious issues. Ogletree's issues are typical college things. Who among us would not have failed a drug test or gotten a DUI in college?

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post
                I like Ogletree, Teo is the one with serious issues. Ogletree's issues are typical college things. Who among us would not have failed a drug test or gotten a DUI in college?
                Most of us arent about to get a job paying millions a year right out of college, either.

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post
                  To me, the DUI itself is not a deal-breaker. It's the fact that the guy knew that his prior "incidents" could possibly hurt his draft stock, yet he gets popped for a DUI one week before the combine. That is unspeakably dumb and shows a real lack of maturity/discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    To me, the DUI itself is not a deal-breaker. It's the fact that the guy knew that his prior "incidents" could possibly hurt his draft stock, yet he gets popped for a DUI one week before the combine. That is unspeakably dumb and shows a real lack of maturity/discipline.
                    Yeah its not any of the actions by themselves.Its a combination of all of them and timing. He knows there are ?'s about him already and he goes and gets a DUI right before the combine. All it takes is 1 team not to care

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Yeah its not any of the actions by themselves.Its a combination of all of them and timing. He knows there are ?'s about him already and he goes and gets a DUI right before the combine. All it takes is 1 team not to care
                      Ya, its pretty beyond stupidty.. THen again, nothing some of these idiots do surprises me.. Its like some of these athletes live in a diffrent dimension where common sense is out lawed..lol

That said, he is oozing with upside and skills that the giants tremendsously lack, and is instantly the best LB we have times 10 if drafted...

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        That's why I call him the Dez Bryant of Linebackers...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                        X