Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bjoern Werner at #19?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
    I have seen some mock drafts and top 50 rankings where he drops to the bottom of the first. Would you take him at 19?
    I was impressed the first time I saw him. He is a " dog " on wheels.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

    Comment


    • #17
      CBS's lastest mocks have the Giants taking Werner or Sheldon Richardson..

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        They take a Strongside End we will know what they think of Justin tuck
        IMO It may or may not mean much. Tuck was drafted with Stay and Osi on board and Kiwi with all of them on the team. JPP ? We all know that story. That been said I'm worried about Tuck's medical history and if this has some weight with his down play the last 2 years.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          that almost should be a clip for lane johnson...i pray he's the one who falls to us. he played RT pretty damn well especially if Werner was this beast thats claimed in 2011. The sack he had was vs the LT...But yeah, i'd be alright with Werner. I remember the earlier mocks had him going top 5 didnt they? how the hell is he falling so far??

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            that almost should be a clip for lane johnson...i pray he's the one who falls to us. he played RT pretty damn well especially if Werner was this beast thats claimed in 2011. The sack he had was vs the LT...But yeah, i'd be alright with Werner. I remember the earlier mocks had him going top 5 didnt they? how the hell is he falling so far??
            Lane gave up 2 TFL and 3 Qb pressures that game, It was hardly a highlight game. He has improved a lot since last year, however.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              It would be a good pick but I wouldn't be excited. Not a lot of longevity at DE's who are below 265 lbs.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                IMO It may or may not mean much. Tuck was drafted with Stay and Osi on board and Kiwi with all of them on the team. JPP ? We all know that story. That been said I'm worried about Tuck's medical history and if this has some weight with his down play the last 2 years.
                Taking 1 this year wouldnt feel anything like those situations where it was adding 2 a position of strength.When they took JPP they had them all locked up and all were playing at a high level.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  It would be a good pick but I wouldn't be excited. Not a lot of longevity at DE's who are below 265 lbs.
                  If he got up to 265-270 would you be excited?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    Taking 1 this year wouldnt feel anything like those situations where it was adding 2 a position of strength.When they took JPP they had them all locked up and all were playing at a high level.
                    Thats precisely my point. If they take a DE early in the draft it may not be more significant than other years because its more of a need than adding 2 a strangth . That been said I get your point , if they draft a stud DE is because they are searching for Tuck's successor.
                    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                      It would be a good pick but I wouldn't be excited. Not a lot of longevity at DE's who are below 265 lbs.
                      http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd...ichael-strahan

                      Ironically Stray lost a lot of weight going all the way down to 250-255 lbs in his last years of football precisely to prolong his career.
                      Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 03-05-2013, 03:02 AM.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've read that he could be a top 5 pick, there is no way he falls to 19, besides I like Ansah better....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Werner is definitely a guy I could see dropping, but to 19? Not sure about that. I'd be happy to take him if he dropped that far though

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                            I've read that he could be a top 5 pick, there is no way he falls to 19, besides I like Ansah better....
                            Ansah is my choice in the 1st round in my mock draft in the members mock draft subforum but I made that mock back in Jan. 21 before Ansah's climb during the combine. But if Bjoern slides I would gladly jump over him with the 19 pick.
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              that almost should be a clip for lane johnson...i pray he's the one who falls to us. he played RT pretty damn well especially if Werner was this beast thats claimed in 2011. The sack he had was vs the LT...But yeah, i'd be alright with Werner. I remember the earlier mocks had him going top 5 didnt they? how the hell is he falling so far??
                              Not sure what you watched there. I'd say Werner took Lane to school in regards to the run plays. Lane did a decent job though mirroring him in the pass rush but that goes back to what I said in a previous thread and that Lane is just such a natural LT and should exclusively play there anyway. You really don't get the best out of him slotting him at RT.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                                also, he doesnt make many tackles which is a bit alarming.
                                tackle numbers are extremely inaccurate. One of the most misleading stats.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X