Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bjoern Werner at #19?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm all for Werner joining Kuhn on this team. It would be insane if he fell that far.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by G.I. Ants View Post
      I'm all for Werner joining Kuhn on this team. It would be insane if he fell that far.
      Achtung !!!! Germinators at work !
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

      Comment


      • #33
        Kuhn, Werner, and possibly Hunt then we'd have the beginnings of the Eastern Bloc
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
          If he got up to 265-270 would you be excited?
          If he kept his speed then yeah. Think of it this way, look at all the top DE's in the past decade for both the Giants and the rest of the league.

          Strahan, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP are at least 265 lbs. Guys like John Abraham or Dwight Freeney, or Mario Williams or Trent Cole or Julius Peppers or Jared Allen are all at least 260 lbs. The best in the business need a big frame to stay healthy.

          The best DE not in that range is Osi but he has had lost seasons because of injury. And then again Osi is a special case. His first step and speed are pretty special int he NFL. He even looks great on occasional today. Werner has the same build as Osi but the speed isn't there. His 10 yard split and 40 were mediocre.

          The tape is good enough for consideration at 19 but if he were the pick I'd be satisfied, but not overwhelmed. But with Reese most of the time you'll be overwhelmed.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
            It would be a good pick but I wouldn't be excited. Not a lot of longevity at DE's who are below 265 lbs.
            Good things he weighed in at the combine at 266 then...

            He also played in 2011 at 275 lbs. He only dropped to 255 for 2012 because FSU had 3 stud DEs in Carradine, Jenkins, and Werner and they intended to move Werner around. That plan fell apart when Jenkins got hurt.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Werner would wreak havoc with JPP if he would fall to the Giants

              Comment


              • #37
                I'd rather have Carradine...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  If he kept his speed then yeah. Think of it this way, look at all the top DE's in the past decade for both the Giants and the rest of the league.

                  Strahan, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP are at least 265 lbs. Guys like John Abraham or Dwight Freeney, or Mario Williams or Trent Cole or Julius Peppers or Jared Allen are all at least 260 lbs. The best in the business need a big frame to stay healthy.

                  The best DE not in that range is Osi but he has had lost seasons because of injury. And then again Osi is a special case. His first step and speed are pretty special int he NFL. He even looks great on occasional today. Werner has the same build as Osi but the speed isn't there. His 10 yard split and 40 were mediocre.

                  The tape is good enough for consideration at 19 but if he were the pick I'd be satisfied, but not overwhelmed. But with Reese most of the time you'll be overwhelmed.
                  Stray played at 255 lbs his last years and was very effective.
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Abraham is probably around 255 too. The only ones who need to stay over 260 is the guys who are 6'5 and taller, because they don't have as much natural leverage.

                    Listed weights in general for DEs are high

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      Abraham is probably around 255 too. The only ones who need to stay over 260 is the guys who are 6'5 and taller, because they don't have as much natural leverage.

                      Listed weights in general for DEs are high
                      I wonder If Tuck would consider trimming away some weight off and by doing so getting his stamina in better shape. I know he is at that height you mention but the idea of Tuck losing weight has stuck with me for quite a while. I read weeks ago he plans and intends to come in better shape next season. I'm guessing he will follow Stray's ways trying to match his NFL longevity.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        I'd rather have Carradine...
                        He is a good player too. Bigger upside, but less film to evaluate and less quality film to evaluate so there is more risk too. There is no doubt that when Werner and Carradine were on the field that offenses paid more attention to Werner. But, Carradine did everything he was asked to do an more. He also has the more freakish build.

                        Personally, I wouldnt complain with either.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                          Achtung !!!! Germinators at work !
                          We'd have to start calling our D-line the Bundeswehr...

                          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                            Good things he weighed in at the combine at 266 then...
                            And if you've read the post I said that he needs to retain his speed to make the weight gain worth it. When you're slower than Sam Montgomery who scouts knew was going to be slow then you have a problem.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                              And if you've read the post I said that he needs to retain his speed to make the weight gain worth it. When you're slower than Sam Montgomery who scouts knew was going to be slow then you have a problem.
                              I read your post. Doesnt change the fact that you incorrectly stated his weight was under 265.....
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Who woulden't be stoked about Werner at 19? Obviously, if u have half a brain, you'd be stoked if we got Bjorn Werner at 19...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X