Which DE would you take??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which DE would you take??

I've been looking at a lot of mocks and most have us taking Ogletree or Ansah...But seeing as some of these mocks have some other high valued DE still available. If Moore, Werner, or Ansah are still on the board at #19..Which would you go, I would like to hear some feedback on some of the guys on here that really study film. I'm not huge on Combine stars, I believe in the show me what you've done on the field tape first. Like to hear some feedback on these 3 guys.

Ansah but he wont be there

Comment

Top 5 DEs I'd want for the Giants (Not just pure rankings)

1. Ansah
      2. Werner
      3a. Jones
      3b. Okafor
      4. Carradine (Maybe higher depending on Pro Day)

I really do like Mingo but not as a full time 4-3 DE. Jordan is a good athlete but he seems better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Still not sure what to make of Margus Hunt...

Comment

Werner

Comment

Giants win with either Moore or Werner. Both are great talents and could potentially fall to 19. If I was to choose I'd go with Werner. I think Moore's combine numbers were a fluke because he plays at a much higher level. I just fell Werner has more upside and could benefit great in this system.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
            Top 5 DEs I'd want for the Giants (Not just pure rankings)

1. Ansah
            2. Werner
            3a. Jones
            3b. Okafor
            4. Carradine (Maybe higher depending on Pro Day)

I really do like Mingo but not as a full time 4-3 DE. Jordan is a good athlete but he seems better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Still not sure what to make of Margus Hunt...
            Id like Hunt a lot better if he was 22 not 26. By the end of his rookie deal he could start to decline. I also havent seen enough tape of him 2. A lot of these people ranking Hunt are basing him off 2 games and a combine thats not enough

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Id like Hunt a lot better if he was 22 not 26. By the end of his rookie deal he could start to decline. I also havent seen enough tape of him 2. A lot of these people ranking Hunt are basing him off 2 games and a combine thats not enough
              Not really a fan of his height either. A skilled, veteran OT could probably take advantage of him with leverage. It might seem asinine to some but I'd say Ansah is actually a safer choice than Margus Hunt.

Comment

Ansah or Werner is the two players I want

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                  Not really a fan of his height either. A skilled, veteran OT could probably take advantage of him with leverage. It might seem asinine to some but I'd say Ansah is actually a safer choice than Margus Hunt.
                  Im hoping Ansah or Mingo falls but I doubt either 1 drops to the Giants

Comment

Margus Hunt is a trap selection imo.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I flat out want Ansah. Personally if we can't get him at 19, than I would just go CB.

Comment

Ansah would be my choice but it seems very unlikely he will be around.. I hope Werner and Moore go early because I think they are both overrated and would help more talented players fall to us at 19.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                        Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

1. Ansah
                          2. Moore
                          3. Werner
                          4. Montgomery
                          5. Carradine
                          6. Okafor
                          7. Hunt

Comment

Curious to know why some people aren't as high on Moore anymore...Is it because of his combine?? The kid had incredible stats the past two years against SEC opponents..was his work ethic being questioned at all??

Comment

With his upside, its no diffrent then JPP.. JPP had very little tape and started playing football later in life and got drafted in the mid 1st.. The only real diffrence is age.. Hunt looks awesome,a nd i'm afraid alot of teams are gonna regret letting him and larry warford go outside of RD1, or even late RD1 when said and done..

Comment

Working...
                              X