Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

giants sign cullen jenkins Thoughts?Where should Defensive tackle be taken in draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giants sign cullen jenkins Thoughts?Where should Defensive tackle be taken in draft?

giants sign cullen jenkins Thoughts?Where should Defensive tackle be taken in draft?

obviously Jenkins is older coming in off a unproductive season, so it shoulden't be completely forgotten about, but it gives us a chance to look at other positons in the draft for immediete help, as we got a stop gap at DT now..

Comment

If we can get Kawaan short in the 2nd, i'd be stoked. I think he can give Linval some breathers, good against run and can penetrate...Can even block extra points on special teams.

Comment

I am beginning to see the edges of the offseason plan come together.

I no longer think we go DT in the 1st, unless someone amazing drops to us.

I do think CB and Oline, which were always possibilities, are beginning to creep higher and higher as possibilities.

We simply cannot expect to make the playoffs without improved play at either/ both of those areas.
        sigpic

Comment

Gives us 2 good starters. with a couple young guys for depth. Kuhn looked like a good player but austin is still a ?

I think they still need a DT int he draft but not in the first round.

Also, they use the NASCAR package so much that another DT isnt as important as another DE.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft a DT. Give them one more season to try to develop Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft a DT. Give them one more season to try to develop Austin.
              Also give em a chance to see what they got in Markus Kuhn, who i think there kinda high on...

Comment

I also wouldn't be surprised if they took one in the first. It still looks like a need in the future, but Cullen helps alleviate some things.

Comment

If lotulelei, Floyd, or Richardson fall and are available at 19 the giants would have to seriously consider but otherwise I'd probably like to go after a different position in the first few rounds.

Comment

In My H O we will not need to go there now

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                      Also give em a chance to see what they got in Markus Kuhn, who i think there kinda high on...
                      I think this is right (plus what Slip said). It makes sense given the front office's draft philosophy, which has valued the edges more than the trenches for round one, while picking up some FAs to fill interior line positions.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a small school developmental player that they have their eyes on, Jenkins is not young.... Still think we need a DB in first.

Comment

Originally posted by born blue View Post
                          I think this is right (plus what Slip said). It makes sense given the front office's draft philosophy, which has valued the edges more than the trenches for round one, while picking up some FAs to fill interior line positions.
                          Ya, plus the giants seem to have high hopes for Kuhn, who did get some solid expierence last yr, and flashed a bit... I'm eager to see Kuhn this yr myself.. I like his length, and motor, and he moves well, and if he can add alittle strength and if he gained 10lbs or so, he could really be a good player.. Hes a little older , so we probably want to see what we got in him this yr.. I'm content with Cullen Jenkins, Linval Joseph, Markus Khun, Marvin Austin rotation.... I'd definetly worry about DT later on, or only in a situation of great value..

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                            I do think CB and Oline, which were always possibilities, are beginning to creep higher and higher as possibilities.
                            Agreed, but I think LB is even more of a concern, then CB and Oline.
                            2017 Draft Wishlist:
                            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                            X