Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants had Khaseem Greene for private workout ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...khaseem-greene

Stop looking at highlight films (anyone looks impressive when you're only seeing their best).
    Sure thing, Dad. I suppose we should all just watch every college footbal game that's ever on, right? Im sure all coaches watch highlights of players, along with other scouting write-ups and film.
    I also think with the right coaching that Ogletree or Greene could easily play the Mike with their speed and coverage skills. Ogletree especially has room to bulk up. Perhaps shedding blocks and jamming the run is something to work on in camp. I dont think Ogletree or the other top tier LBs are left in the 2nd and if we pass on this position in the 1st, I think Greenes our guy for our next round. Just my 2 cents and Im prob wrong anyway.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
      I'd love to hear the elaboration on that discussion and reasons why. I've done my homework with Greene and like what I see. Haven't heard too much downside on the kid. If we're listening to reports,I think it was bleacher report who had him listed as the LB to be most successful in the NFL. Just sayin.
      Instincts are what Mike Mayock liked alot with Greenes game.. His instincts are above avg, as thats why hes so good, as hes not the tear up the combine type.. Hes simply a football player who knows how to play the game and knows his objectives and how to make those objectives occur.. Hes a safe bet in my opinion to be a playmaking LB, that makes impact plays regularly.. I also think hes plenty physical enough and i've seen him sacrifice his body to make the play many times...

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...khaseem-greene

Upsides and downsides.

Basically Greene is a slightly smaller version of Ogletree with the same upside and the same downside.

Like Ogletree, Greene is a converted Safety and is good in pass coverage and has great range.

Like Ogletree, Greene can't shed a block to save his life and avoids blockers rather than stacking-shedding (a prereq for a MLB).

Like Ogletree, Greene has a ton of highlights.

Stop looking at highlight films (anyone looks impressive when you're only seeing their best).
        They can't shed blocks to save there life??lol alittle dramatic don't u think?

Comment

Just re-read some of this thread and hope I didnt come across as a jack@ss towards anyone (Kruunch). Im just really wanting a LB and think this is the year to take one in the 1st or 2nd. A lot of the guys out there have G-men potential, but think they'll be gone by the 3rd. Ogletree, Mingo, and Brown I would def grab at 19 and I think Greene's def a solid round 2 pickup, along with Te'o if he's still lingering at 49 overall.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Seems like a Catch-22 with most MLB prospects. Either they have good coverage and sideline-to-sideline capabilities but aren't big enough to stack and shed blockers, or they are big enough to stack and shed blockers but don't have the speed to excel in coverage.

Are there any MLB prospects out there that can do both?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              Seems like a Catch-22 with most MLB prospects. Either they have good coverage and sideline-to-sideline capabilities but aren't big enough to stack and shed blockers, or they are big enough to stack and shed blockers but don't have the speed to excel in coverage.

Are there any MLB prospects out there that can do both?
              Browns got a lot of both I think. Has some room to bulk up, but hits like a much bigger guy. I wouldnt mind Brown in the 1st, but its a tough call at 19 and I think Ogltree's more talented and the better of the two. I'd piss myself if we wait and either one was there in 2nd.
              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I don't know where some of u been finding ur info on Greene, but i reccomend watching him urself, as the guy is as talented a defensive player as there is in this draft.. He litteraly was RUTGERS football, and just dominated in every aspect u can, pass rushing, forcing fumbles, defending the pass and just being a animal against the run... Either way, heres a scouting report from Walterfootball whos seen a ton of em..

2013 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Khaseem Greene

Khaseem Greene, 6-0/236

Outside Linebacker

Rutgers

Khaseem Greene Scouting Report
                By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:
                Very fast
                Instinctive
                Extremely reliable tackler
                Uses good tackling technique to wrap up ball-carriers
                Athletic
                Read-and-react skills
                Fabulous run-defender
                Physical player
                Regularly generates splash plays
                Produces good down-and-distance situations
                Quality blitzer
                Three-down linebacker
                Durable
                Experienced

Weaknesses:
                Will have to work on taking on and shedding blocks
                Only a 4-3 player
                Only an outside linebacker

Summary: The Rutgers team lived off of Greene in 2012. The Scarlet Knights didn't have a high-powered offense and were led by their stop unit. Greene and cornerback Logan Ryan had tremendous seasons to carry the defense.

It was impossible to not notice Greene when watching Rutgers. He was all over the field and constantly around the ball. Greene was superb as a run-stuffer. He also attacked the line of scrimmage and produced big plays in the backfield. Greene made his presence felt in pass defense both as a blitzer and by dropping into coverage. He totaled 136 tackles, six sacks, six forced fumbles, five passes batted, two interceptions and 12 tackles for a loss this year.

Greene played safety his first two collegiate seasons before moving to outside linebacker as a junior. The move payed off for Rutgers as he used his speed to fly around the field and make tackles. Greene led the team with 141 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles in 2011. He broke his ankle against Iowa State in the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl. Greene had 77 tackles and two interceptions as a sophomore.

Surprisingly, Greene didn't really stand out at the 2013 Senior Bowl, but he has plenty of good game tape to win over NFL talent evaluators. Greene should develop into a starting Will (weakside) linebacker in a NFL 4-3 defense. He would fit an attacking scheme or a Tampa 2 defense. Greene's speed and athleticism should let him be a three-down linebacker in the NFL.

Greene should grade out as a second-round pick and looks extremely likely to go in the second or third round.
                Last edited by nycsportzfan; 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

136tackles 6sacks, 6forced fumbles, 5pass batted, 2INT, 12TFL in 2012..

141tackles, 14.5TFL, 3.5sacks, 2FF in 2011...

That is flat out beasting in every sense of the word!

Comment

Glad Im not the only one
                    2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Not interested.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of Jarvis Jones, with his athleticism, and appearance. Looked pretty good, but didn't show up at the senior bowl...Put up your bass speakers, the song for Greene's highlights is bangin' lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhb83_ASFuk

Comment

although I want us to grab arthur jones if available, I think greene would be a handsome addition to our LB core. he plays with fire and aggression and appears to have good instincts as well. and oh yeah,,,that theme song was tight, thie beat anyway,,,,I gotta go dig up my gold and jewels goblet.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                            although I want us to grab arthur jones if available, I think greene would be a handsome addition to our LB core. he plays with fire and aggression and appears to have good instincts as well. and oh yeah,,,that theme song was tight, thie beat anyway,,,,I gotta go dig up my gold and jewels goblet.
                            LOL, do u mean ghoul and's goblets? amulets? Dude if that's what u mean stay away from that stuff, it's dangerous and witchcraft. You can open doors to other dimensions and spiritual world, wizardry, etc. I get many of my blessings through God, every good and perfect gift comes from above. God can make anything happen for u, all you gotta do is ask and pray.and believe it!...just check out some of funny videos i get to see, might as well share .."Rampage Jackson Dry Humps Reporter"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZXcKLN0oZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FP_Ze728sw I thought it was clever, for the record.

Comment

Well, when they get locked up they're pretty much taken out of the play.

What would you call that?
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Oh yeah he has totally impressive stats.
                                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                                X