Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    How much cap doo we have with Philips gone
    Phillips did nothing to help our cap situation, the only thing we get when other teams sign our guys are comp picks the next year

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
      Eh, I'm not sure if it is really an age problem when it comes to those complaining about no big splashes in FA. There are a decent chunk of older people in the TAGF section worrying because we aren't filling holes with the losses. If anything, I'd say a safer assumption would be that some of the people who don't get it are Yankees fans and are used to having their way when it comes to acquiring players. Completely different beast in the NFL and it might be hard for them to grasp how important player development is in the NFL in comparison.
      I quietly agree, but im not starting a war with Yankee fans tyvm.
      sigpic

Comment

if the FO listened to half of you guys the team would be in the cellar year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          Eh, I'm not sure if it is really an age problem when it comes to those complaining about no big splashes in FA. There are a decent chunk of older people in the TAGF section worrying because we aren't filling holes with the losses. If anything, I'd say a safer assumption would be that some of the people who don't get it are Yankees fans and are used to having their way when it comes to acquiring players. Completely different beast in the NFL and it might be hard for them to grasp how important player development is in the NFL in comparison.
          totally different sport with totally different rules. I dont think the yankees have anything to do with it at all because if you are a true giants fan for any length of time you know they just don't roll like that. plus any knowledgable fans know there is no salary cap in baseball. it has more to do with teams such as the eagles and seahawks going all out in FA which makes them fell like our FO is dropping the ball while other teams get better, which is not the case. to bring the yankess into it is just misguided.
          Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
            totally different sport with totally different rules. I dont think the yankees have anything to do with it at all because if you are a true giants fan for any length of time you know they just don't roll like that. plus any knowledgable fans know there is no salary cap in baseball. it has more to do with teams such as the eagles and seahawks going all out in FA which makes them fell like our FO is dropping the ball while other teams get better, which is not the case. to bring the yankess into it is just misguided.
            I could go on about how it's actually a legit point to bring up BUT BlueSanta is in the right that we shouldn't get into a heated debate with Yankees fans. If you want to know what I mean, I'd be happy to PM you about it.

Comment

There have been a Boatload of threads on this subject
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                I'd like to think guys like Eli, Cruz, JPP, etc are more to thank for the last superbowl than FO signings like canty, boley, rolle
                So the FO office brought in only half those players mentioned? Or did they bring in all those players mentioned? All those players won the Super Bowl.

Comment

Patriots are a rare breed in Franchise Management.

We succeed nonetheless.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Yes, history tells us that overpaying FAs is a sure way to the Superbowl. Just ask Washington and Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                      I'd like to think guys like Eli, Cruz, JPP, etc are more to thank for the last superbowl than FO signings like canty, boley, rolle
                      canty, boley and rolle all played huge roles. as well as the smaller moves like deon grant, weatherford, devin thomas, etc.

Comment

Let me break it down for you .The NFL has a salary cap. With this cap its imperative for the team to get as much value they can from each dollar they spend. The more +value u get the better your team will be. Lets look at some of the recent FA contracts the Giants have given out and lets see how that has turned out

1. Antrell Rolle 5 years 37 million
                        2. Chris Canty 6 years 42 million
                        3. David Baas 5 years 27.5 million
                        4. Michael Boley 5 years 25 million

Those are the Name guys. The 4 biggest FA's they have brought in recently. Not 1 of those players has earned the Giants the value for the contract they were given. So why would we want to keep giving out bigger dollar valued deals when the chances of getting positive return is so low

Look at the smaller moves

Stevie Brown
                        Steve Weatherford
                        Kevin Boothe
                        Deon Grant
                        Martellus Bennett

Which moves earned value which 1's didnt
                        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-18-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Actually I think we have done pretty darn well in the FA Market this season
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                          X