Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

giants do didly sqwatt in free agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • giants do didly sqwatt in free agency

    We miss on Brinkley and we lost our starting tightend and Philips.patriots are trying for Dwight freeny,Adrian Wilson,and john Abraham

  • #2
    We're just one of those teams that don't like the free agency at all.

    Comment


    • #3
      yea.. I blame that thing called a salary cap..

      Comment


      • #4
        How much cap doo we have with Philips gone

        Comment


        • #5
          What don't some of u understand that with success comes signing ur own FA's, as there more coveted on winning clubs, as u see with the ravens right now.. And chances are when u don't have tons of losing seasons in a row, u got a franchise QB, which costs big bucks, see ELI, Matt Ryan, and Flacco.. It took yrs and yrs of losing for the 9ers and seahawks to get to the point where there actually hitting on there early rd draft picks while also still having cap room.. Now in about 3-4 yrs , maybe more, lets see if the 9ers and Seahawks have this cap space if there still playing successful ball.. Drafting also takes a process as the giants rarley get these top 10 guys, which teams that stink pile up in there stinky yrs, and u add in those picks with cap space, and eventually u get it right.. Its amazing the giants haven't stunk for a chunk of seasons, with the natural order of the NFL taking place..


          Its very simple, albeit, harder to write down i suppose...

          Comment


          • #6
            You wanted us to sign Bennett for $20M?

            Please tell us what type of contract we should be oofering to Freeney, Wilson and/or Abraham?

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah those 2 Super Bowls in the last 6 years really show the FO is clueless.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yea the patriots sure are better than the giants.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Yeah those 2 Super Bowls in the last 6 years really show the FO is clueless.
                  I'd like to think guys like Eli, Cruz, JPP, etc are more to thank for the last superbowl than FO signings like canty, boley, rolle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Every year the younger/newer posters whine about our lack of a huge splash in free agency. Every year I tell them the same things. If you want a team that signs big name free agents, who also command big time $, I suggest you find a new team to follow.

                    Giant do things differently. It isnt the Giants that need to change their ways, since it is obviously working for them, but rather you as a fan who needs to stop trying to turn the Giants into the Cowboys/Skins.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know it's just disappointing to lose but not gain

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                        Every year the younger/newer posters whine about our lack of a huge splash in free agency. Every year I tell them the same things. If you want a team that signs big name free agents, who also command big time $, I suggest you find a new team to follow.

                        Giant do things differently. It isnt the Giants that need to change their ways, since it is obviously working for them, but rather you as a fan who needs to stop trying to turn the Giants into the Cowboys/Skins.
                        its nothing to do with The giant way.. They prooved they pay tons of doe in FA'cy when they got cap space and needs when they got Canty, Boley, and Bernard in the matter of like a couple days.. Its that we've been successful for awhile now, making postseasons more often then not and winning SB's, and usually those teams end up having yrs they don't have a ton of cap space because there guys are valued more because they stick out being on winning teams and what not...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          its nothing to do with The giant way.. They prooved they pay tons of doe in FA'cy when they got cap space and needs when they got Canty, Boley, and Bernard in the matter of like a couple days.. Its that we've been successful for awhile now, making postseasons more often then not and winning SB's, and usually those teams end up having yrs they don't have a ton of cap space because there guys are valued more because they stick out being on winning teams and what not...
                          Nonsense. Everyone on these boards were furious when we signed Canty and Bernard. Why were they furious? Because we failed to sign Albert Haynesworth for more money than both Canty and Bernad got combined.

                          It is absolutely the "Giants way"

                          They may sign a big name guy here or there but every year these boards erupt with complaints from people who arent paying attention.
                          Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-15-2013, 01:35 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just like every other year, idk y ur surprised

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              Every year the younger/newer posters whine about our lack of a huge splash in free agency. Every year I tell them the same things. If you want a team that signs big name free agents, who also command big time $, I suggest you find a new team to follow.
                              Eh, I'm not sure if it is really an age problem when it comes to those complaining about no big splashes in FA. There are a decent chunk of older people in the TAGF section worrying because we aren't filling holes with the losses. If anything, I'd say a safer assumption would be that some of the people who don't get it are Yankees fans and are used to having their way when it comes to acquiring players. Completely different beast in the NFL and it might be hard for them to grasp how important player development is in the NFL in comparison.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X