This TE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This TE

I know we dont use TE's in our offense except to block but if we r going to get one from draft my preference is Michael Williams from Ala.We could get him in what maybe 4th rd or later.This guy reminds me a little of Bennett.Go check out some of his highlights.Good blocker and pretty good reciever.I would post highlight clips but dont know how sorry.
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Check out the highlights against Notre Dame.

Comment

He ran a 5.4 40 and struggled in the shuttle run at his Pro Day earlier this week. 5.4 ain't gonna get it done. As a blocker only maybe but not in the 4th.

Comment

Combines dont tell all.Theres combine speed then theres game speed.Im sure Pascoe did better right?Just check out highlights hes faster than u think in a game.

Comment

Like i said, hes somewhere between Howard Cross and Micahel Matthews.. I woulden't mind em in the 6th rd or higher , but theres other dual threats that intrigue me more, like Zach Sudfeld Nevada, Nick Kasa Colorado, and a few others i expect to be around 5th or later... But again, Michael Williams isn't a horrible option as a backup, extra blocker type u can use with dual te's in goalline stuff and inside the 5...

Comment

The only similarity he has with Bennett is that they are both capable blockers. Bennett athletically is a far superior player. And because of that a much more capable receiver

Comment

Originally posted by giantcarll View Post
              Combines dont tell all.Theres combine speed then theres game speed.Im sure Pascoe did better right?Just check out highlights hes faster than u think in a game.
              My man, that has got to be the slowest 40 time by a potential top 10 TE I've ever heard of. How you could you possibly want him with the Giants unless he;s on the other side of the grass? It wasnt the combine either, it was his pro day where he should have felt less stress and pressure. I cant see how anyone would want him in blue.

Bear ran a 4.96
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Also, Willaims was going in the 6th and 7th in most mocks and that was before his pro day, and you would take him in the 4th? Crazy talk.
                2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  The only similarity he has with Bennett is that they are both capable blockers. Bennett athletically is a far superior player. And because of that a much more capable receiver
                  Dion Sims from Michigan State is a similar player

Comment

Thats true to a point but there is a cut off for athletic ability for the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Dion Sims from Michigan State is a similar player
                      Id be on board with him too. Lots of good TEs, but I dont want one until the 4th or later.. too many other priorities.
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Thats true to a point but there is a cut off for athletic ability for the NFL.

Comment

I don't like slow players at virtually all positions.
                          Last edited by Imgrate; 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Williams seemed way heavier at his pro day than he has all year. I think someone said he had put on ten pounds. I wonder if he's already had someone tell him his best chance in the NFL is to bulk up into an OL?
                            2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                            Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                            Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                            Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                            Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                            Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                            Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

I dunno, I do think the Giants will value him more than other teams because we like TEs who can block. But, this kid has not had a good offseason. During senior bowl week he struggled to catch passes and his workout regime has come into question as well as his weight gain would indicate.

Remember, until the Giants came along, the NFL snubbed Jake Ballard largely because of his slow 40 time and lack of aparent quickness/speed. Well, Williams showed even less quickness this offseason and worse hands. I mention Jake because of the clear similarities between these 2 coming out. Ballard was thought of as a blocker 1st coming out, just like Williams and they have similar size. However, Jake really stuggles to becaome a good NFL blocking TE precisely because he is so slow off the ball. In the NFL TEs are asked to block the 2nd level of the defense(LBs) far more often than in college. Ballard struggled anytime we asked him to block a LB or seal the edge on an outside run. This happened because he just wasnt quick enough off the ball to get to the LB and turn him before the ballcarrier was hitting the hole. I see no reason why Williams isnt going to have the exact same problems because his speed/quickness is even worse than Ballards was coming out.

If he can get on a team and get on a good workout regiment, as well as get his diet under control, I think he has a chance to be a 2nd TE in this league. A guy who comes in on 3rd and 1 and helps move the pile and sometimes sneaks into the endzone behind a backer. But, that is a lot of "ifs".
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X