Manti teo wouldn't be a bad pick at 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Te'o would be a good addition to our group of Lb'ers. Right now there's no one at the position with the Intangibles Te'o brings. In college he faced a lot of spread offenses which improved his coverage skills, and although he may lack the proper 40 time, his instincts and quick thinking will have him in the right place at the right time. Whether it's making plays at the line or dropping back in coverage I believe Te'o has what it takes to learn and get better at those things in the NFL. Lots of upside for this guy, I hope we draft him at 19.
    Te'o would be a nice addition, right now anyone would be a good addition, because we have no one at Mac. But if you are at #19 and you got Ogletree and Te'o I pick Ogletree. Te'o is a more reliable guy and you know he will be a leader, but Ogletree has more upside. Ogletreee is a tru sideline to sideline player where Te'o is not. Ogletree is faster and due to play S in early college years he can cover better. In my opinion if we got Ogletree he would move to the outside. A 4-3 MLB is not very valuable, Te'o would fit very nice, but we can still get a solid player to pay the middle and fill the OLB position that is more valuable in a 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
      He can't shed blockers, he gets occcasional lucky int's, he and there, but is slow and sluggish. Not athletic or fast like Ogletree, it's like having chase in the middle.
      lol at Ogletree. Chase Blackburn ran a better 40 yard dash than ogletree. His speed and athleticism are massively overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
        lol at Ogletree. Chase Blackburn ran a better 40 yard dash than ogletree. His speed and athleticism are massively overrated.
        Well thats not true. Blackburn ran a slower 40 than Ogletree and Teo. But Ogletree didnt run as fast as people tend to think.

Comment

OVER RATED!! If you want a preview of what his NFL career will look like watch the Alabama game. In addition he is a total nut job. Buyer beware!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
            Chase = 4.69
            Ogletree = 4.62

And that's when Chase was young...

And they are not massively overrated. 40 yard dash doesn't count for all. The 20 yard shuttles is extremely important. Ogletree athleticism is not massively overrated, and if it was I'm sure Mike Mayock wouldn't put him up there with the Cushings and Kuekhlys coming out of college.
            Last edited by gabriel_1; 03-16-2013, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
              Chase = 4.69
              Ogletree = 4.62

And that's when Chase was young...

And they are not massively overrated. 40 yard dash doesn't count for all. The 20 yard shuttles is extremely important. Ogletree athleticism is not massively overrated, and if it was I'm sure Mike Mayock wouldn't put him up there with the Cushings and Kuekhlys coming out of college.
              Running in the 4.6 range for any MLB is considered very good. Everyone seems to have an Al Davis mentality and assumes that because a player runs fast he will be good, or have a higher ceiling. That's not the case, 40 times mean nothing when you're playing inside the box.
              sigpic

Comment

I know they don't I was just comparing to the fellow that said that Chase runs a faster 40. What matters a lot is the explosion drills, the 20 yard shuttle and the 10 yard dash. That's is probably why Coughlin stands right there.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                  I know they don't I was just comparing to the fellow that said that Chase runs a faster 40. What matters a lot is the explosion drills, the 20 yard shuttle and the 10 yard dash. That's is probably why Coughlin stands right there.
                  Yep, more about lateral movement and closing speed and awareness than anything else. A middle linebacker in a 4-3 has to be able to cover alot of ground because they have alot of space to sit in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                    Yep, more about lateral movement and closing speed and awareness than anything else. A middle linebacker in a 4-3 has to be able to cover alot of ground because they have alot of space to sit in.
                    Te'o is probably the best at covering ground inside the box. He's an every down backer that not only drops into coverage smoothly, he also plays the zone better than 90% of the Line-backing draft class. He's not going to chase down McCoy on a power toss but then again who is? lol It's a very close skill set comparison when you talk about Ogletree and Te'o, depending on how much you value stopping the run versus having a guy that can rush from any spot on the field will determine who you pick.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't get why everyone is saying Teo is slow. U watch his game tape and he flies all around the field. The guy has a nose for the football, and that's something u can't teach! Yes he was really bad against Bama, but the whole team sucked that day. Would I want someone else at 19? Yes but wouldn't mind Teo there either. I just don't get all the hate for this guy.

Comment

I would have to agree with everyone here Ogletree i think is more athletic and fast. And we don't need that drama Manti Te'o brings to the field.

Comment

Working...
                        X