Now we can draft BPA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
    Why does everyone want a guard? I'm dumbfounded.
    I would only want Warmack, who is an absolute monster.

But I think the desire for most people is because our late round project offensive lineman have not panned out.

Beatty just finally panned out, but we're still waiting from: McCants, Mosley, Brewer.

And we didn't get anything from Petrus, or Koets.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
      Think its pretty obvious now that the 1st round pick will be an OLineman, now that they brought in a TE and MLB. Oh well, once again, a serious potential at MLB slips through our fingers.
      How is it obvious if the Giants ever did that since 1999? Just last year we skipped out on Cordy Glenn, a starting LT, for a RB when our line was putrid. We skip out on left tackles every year and people think it's a foregone conclusion that we're going to pick a guard?

The best guard prospect in a while went 24th or something. Reese ain't getting a guard.

And Reese lets 6th round picks start at MLB. He doesn't know the position exists.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
        I think B. Jones, from Bama could step right in or be a future replacement for Baas at Center and could also play Guard. Plus he still may be available in the 2nd.
        I love those versatile kind of players too but make no mistake our man's name is Travis Frederick if you looking for that type of player. He has player all his career in Wisconsin all thru the interior. Mean streak and tough SOB. I miss that kind of player like Seubert, Ruegamer and O'hara.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
          How is it obvious if the Giants ever did that since 1999? Just last year we skipped out on Cordy Glenn, a starting LT, for a RB when our line was putrid. We skip out on left tackles every year and people think it's a foregone conclusion that we're going to pick a guard?

The best guard prospect in a while went 24th or something. Reese ain't getting a guard.

And Reese lets 6th round picks start at MLB. He doesn't know the position exists.
          So according to you, we are skipping LB and Oline in the 1st. What postition do you predict we draft then? The only other position thats a serious neeed IMO is CB. I dont think we go DE or DT unless its a big drop for someone.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            Ogletree? maybe Connor is just a stop-gap till Ogletree is ready
            I think Conner is a stop gap to give herz another year, if needed. I'd love cooper as most ppl here but lets not lie to ourselves. The chances of him lasting to us are slim to none.

Comment

I wonder if the front office figures in salary also when they pick at 19. the 19th pick will be around a 8.5 mill 4 year contract with around 4.4 mill guaranteed. What Positions would this kind of contract eliminate if any? This is based on last year's contracts from pick 17-21 . I don't know how much they go up by. Here is a link to the salary info

Comment

I'd like the Giants to go OT / CB / OG. Specifically, I think DJ Fluker would be great to plug-in at RT and then we'd have our bookend tackles solidified for years. Womack and Cooper for guards if either slips that far, and Rhodes or Trufant at corner. I just don't LB being addressed that early.
                sigpic -We put poo on things!

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                  However, I hope BPA is also a need psn:
                  In no particular order, I hope we address/draft a G, T, DE, CB, LB, S, DT
                  Well Reese does that anyway, regardless of anything. But I do agree this should help getting a position need

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
                    Think its pretty obvious now that the 1st round pick will be an OLineman, now that they brought in a TE and MLB. Oh well, once again, a serious potential at MLB slips through our fingers.
                    not obvious at all,,the giants don't value OL in the 1st. the last one taken was in 1999. unless one of warmack, joeckel, fisher falls the pick will undoubtedly be defense. there is way too much OL depth and value in this draft. connor signed a 1 year deal and is by no means the answer as of now. CB/DE/DT/LB will be the pick.

Comment

Working...
                    X