Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    OMG we agree on something
    I'm really divided on how the coaches have had JPP gain the amount of weight he did. He still generates good pressure and can stop the run like no tomorrow but he doesn't look as explosive as he did in 11. I think he just needs a better sidekick across from him at LDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Moving Tuck to RE is very puzzling . I think JPP belongs on the left side so this move long term makes sense as far as he is concerned. To me I think the Giants are planning on getting a weakside DE in this draft and will begin fazing Tuck out. I think the Giants are are getting this roster ready for a changng of the guard in 2014
      I'd like to see them keep JPP on the right side and slim him down a bit. I think the bulk he gained to be able to play inside occasionally has made him lose a step (specifically this year).
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
        I'm really divided on how the coaches have had JPP gain the amount of weight he did. He still generates good pressure and can stop the run like no tomorrow but he doesn't look as explosive as he did in 11. I think he just needs a better sidekick across from him at LDE.
        I entirely agree .... I think he put on a little too much weight for the speed rusher he used to be.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I doubt Jones would much, if ever provide pressure from the edge. Hence my lack of love for him.

The kid definitely is upbeat and has a great work ethic. Love that about him.
          Well, you do know DEs can beat OTs with more than just speed around the corner, right? Tuck actually generates more of his pressure it seems from getting inside and across an OT instead of just flat out turning a corner like Osi. He will be a fit for the more lanky types at RT like a Fisher or when Nate Solder played some RT.

The only problem is that his potential might never come to fruition if the DC doesn't know when to match him up in the appropriate situations. It could be the difference between a decent career to a great one.

Comment

Well, you do know DEs can beat OTs with more than just speed around the corner, right? Tuck actually generates more of his pressure it seems from getting inside and across an OT instead of just flat out turning a corner like Osi. He will be a fit for the more lanky types at RT like a Fisher or when Nate Solder played some RT.

The only problem is that his potential might never come to fruition if the DC doesn't know when to match him up in the appropriate situations. It could be the difference between a decent career to a great one.
            No, I never understood that about pass rushers

Comment

Lol @ anyone talking about taking Tank.

Just what the giants need.. ANOTHER ACL injured player. Are you guys on drugs or what? Why take the chance when there are plenty of non-red flagged prospects with high ceilings?

You guys make zero sense..

Comment

Odds are that we aren't going to draft Jones or Okafor anyway since the Giants are contemplating sending JPP to LDE. Okafor is odd in that he has a RDE body but he doesn't exactly project well there in the NFL since he isn't as fluid as you would expect. He seems to disappear in some games too.
                The more i watched of Okafor the less I liked him

Comment

[QUOTE=Kruunch;717701]That's what I think as well.

To that end I could see us drafting Damontre Moore or Tank Carradine or similar. I'm just not super excited about the RDE prospects coming out this year.

I'm much more excited about the strong side DEs which is why I hope they draft that way and keep JPP on the weak side backed up by Ojomo.[/QUOTE Yeah the problem is the Strongside ends Werner , Ansah,Jones are the better prospects in this draft. Carradine is a nice player but the knee injury really scares me. Mingo is the player I really want becasue I think it helps the LB's and the pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Just what the giants need.. ANOTHER ACL injured player. Are you guys on drugs or what? Why take the chance when there are plenty of non-red flagged prospects with high ceilings?

I agree with you.. I don't want him #19

Comment

Tuck's NFL sack numbers was what I was talking about.

LDE's generally don't see his kind of production (hence my mirth at the comparisons between him and Jones).
                      JOnes has pash rush moves.. He uses the rip, swim, and bull.. As enigma said, eh gave Fisher fits in sr bowl practices and was only one.. I can see him having a few 8-12 sack seasons throughout his carer, with his ability to use diffrent pass rush moves and versatility along with high motor, strength, and phsicality.. I actually like em alot, just not at 19, but i woudlen't be mad if it was him...

Comment

Because no football player has ever come back form an ACL . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Because no football player has ever come back form an ACL . . . .
                          Pretty sure that isn't the point. Its still a serious injury and a risk you don't want or need to take. The percentage of players
                          that fully recover from an ACL is much smaller then those that have repeat injuries. Legs are the first thing to go with DL/LBs already. Your bright idea is to use the 19th pick on a player who has bad legs (until proven otherwise)?.

Its a risk we don't need to take and I guarantee we wont unless he falls to 2nd or 3rd.

Its just not a smart football or business decision with 19th pick. We aren't desperate.

Comment

The Senior Bowl's Phil Savage listed six prospects as future three-down, sub-package defenders in the NFL.
                            In Savage's list, BYU defensive end Ezekiel Ansah, Florida defensive tackle Shariff Floyd, UCLA defensive lineman Datone Jones, Oregon outside linebacker Dion Jordan, LSU defensive lineman Barkevious Mingo and Georgia inside linebacker Alec Ogletree are included. They are listed under the category, "3-3-5 package (with OLB as DE)". The names of the players come as part of a post featured on the NFL's base "11" personnel.
                            Source: Seniorbowl.com

Comment

Pretty sure that isn't the point. Its still a serious injury and a risk you don't want or need to take. The percentage of players
                              that fully recover from an ACL is much smaller then those that have repeat injuries. Legs are the first thing to go with DL/LBs already. Your bright idea is to use the 19th pick on a player who has bad legs (until proven otherwise)?.

Its a risk we don't need to take and I guarantee we wont unless he falls to 2nd or 3rd.

Its just not a smart football or business decision with 19th pick. We aren't desperate.
                              Learn how to read. I said in an earlier post that I think 19 is too early for him but that he will probably be gone by our second round pick. I never said that we should pick him in the first.

Doesn't that stink when you try to be a smart *** but you end up being a dumb **** instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                The more i watched of Okafor the less I liked him
                                What don't you like about him?

Comment

Working...
                                X