• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datone Jones? Bleacher Report article

I don't know much about him but seems interesting:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-talking-about

Solar Mike

Definitely interesting. Seems like a Giants type of player.

Comment

He really is a little underrated to the general public. His positional versatility will be a huge asset to a defensive coordinator who knows how to utilize his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
        He really is a little underrated to the general public. His positional versatility will be a huge asset to a defensive coordinator who knows how to utilize his abilities.
        Alot of times, strongside ends that are run stoppers first, pass rushers second, dont' get as much noterity, hence Justin Tuck going in RD3..etc I certainly woulden't mind having him opposite JPP.. It'd be like getting Justin Tuck all over again... I'm down with that!

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Alot of times, strongside ends that are run stoppers first, pass rushers second, dont' get as much noterity, hence Justin Tuck going in RD3..etc I certainly woulden't mind having him opposite JPP.. It'd be like getting Justin Tuck all over again... I'm down with that!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8IB-0TktD8

Where do you see Justin Tuck in that?

Jones is not a 4-3 DE at the NFL level in my mind. He's a DT and I'm not sure he'd be much more than a journeyman DT at that.

I don't like this pick for the Giants (trap player imo). I think he fits best as a 3-4 DE.
          Last edited by Kruunch; 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I would love to see us take Tank. Just don't know where he is in his recovery.

Comment

In that link they compare Jones to Osi.. He's gotta be better against the run than that

Comment

I like Jones but i dont think the Giants will draft him. The signing of Cullen Jenkins and the willingness to give Austin 1 more shot plus Tuck and Kiwi taking snaps at Strongside end not a lot of snaps for him.
                If they take Jones that tells me they believe Justin Tuck is done. I think we will see a lineman but its going to be an edge rusher to replace Osi.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8IB-0TktD8

Where do you see Justin Tuck in that?

Jones is not a 4-3 DE at the NFL level in my mind. He's a DT and I'm not sure he'd be much more than a journeyman DT at that.

I don't like this pick for the Giants (trap player imo). I think he fits best as a 3-4 DE.
                  When the Giants defense was at its best they had beastly interior pass rushing from Justin Tuck and Fred Robbins.So having a Nickel interior pass rusher in my opinion isnt a bad thing. If u just keep Jones at Strongside end every down then your right its not going to work out very well. The problem with these type of players is if u refuse to use the versatility then your going to get a bust.
                  Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-20-2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                    In that link they compare Jones to Osi.. He's gotta be better against the run than that
                    He is nothing like Osi. Osi is a pure edge rusher. Jones is a strongside end on running downs / DT on passing downs

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      When the Giants defense was at its best they had beastly interior pass rushing from Justin Tuck and Fred Robbins.So having a Nickel interior pass rusher in my opinion isnt a bad thing. If u just keep Jones at Strongside end every down then your right its not going to work out very well. The problem with these type of players is if u refuse to use the versatility then your going to get a bust.
                      This was my thinking, but in the scenario you mention, we stunted and blitzed a ton under Spags.

Fewell does neither ... hence why I don't think Jones would do well in our current defense.

It's my personal belief that the writing is on the wall for Tuck, and they try to replace him. They're already talking about swapping JPP and Tuck which doesn't make a lot of sense since Tuck isn't a speed rusher. The only speed rusher expected to be around in the first round is Damontre Moore who wouldn't be a bad choice, but I worry about his size (that and he doesn't have the freaky leverage of someone like an Elvis Dumerville). Moore is a little more intriguing since he's played both sides.

I think the Giants may find it easier to keep JPP on the weak side and replace Tuck with a Werner (if he drops) or Okafor. I'd love to see JPP slim down a little to get his step back (I think they overshot with him in that regard).
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        He is nothing like Osi. Osi is a pure edge rusher. Jones is a strongside end on running downs / DT on passing downs
                        that was my thinking too.. nothing alike

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Tank Carradine doesn't do a lot for me. I think he benefited more from Werner being on the other side. He played weak side mostly, but doesn't have the consistent burst at that spot to be an elite pass rusher. I think he almost fits better on the strong side but I'd rather have Werner if I have that choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            Tank Carradine doesn't do a lot for me. I think he benefited more from Werner being on the other side. He played weak side mostly, but doesn't have the consistent burst at that spot to be an elite pass rusher. I think he almost fits better on the strong side but I'd rather have Werner if I have that choice.
                            I like Werner too, but he's unlikely to be there at 19.

I don't know . . . I see a lot more from Tank's film than I do from Okafor's .. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              + 1. I think we can get him in the 2nd rd, any later n he will be gone. Also when watching the FSU highlights, Carradine flashed more than Werner, IMO
                              Last edited by S.I 2 VA GMEN; 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X