Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Carradine is a Beast!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tank Carradine is a Beast!!

    Kid put up 225lb bench 32 times Tuesday at his pro day! Improving on his 28 reps at the combine. If this kid runs his intended 40 ( 4.7) thats an impressive athlete at 6'4'' 276lbs

  • #2
    Yowza ... that's some serious Wheaties he's eating for breakfast.

    Is he actually going to run (ACL and all)?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd take him at 19.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        Yowza ... that's some serious Wheaties he's eating for breakfast.

        Is he actually going to run (ACL and all)?
        I think that he's scheduled to run on 4/20?

        Comment


        • #5
          I hinted to this at the combine when I read several scouts say that the single most impressive physique they saw at the combine, even though he didnt perform, was Tank Carradine.

          As to his running. Tank's injury was not a severe tear. That said, I still think it will be hard for him to run well considering he hasnt been able to run much in recent months. I dont care what he runs because I have seen him play enough to know that when healthy, he can move just fine.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
            I'd take him at 19.
            Apparently you'll take anyone at 19.. You got Jonathan Hankins at 19 in your mock? Dudes slow and chubby with a bum knee. lol
            2017 Draft Wishlist:
            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

            sigpic
            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
            - Homer J. Simpson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
              Apparently you'll take anyone at 19.. You got Jonathan Hankins at 19 in your mock? Dudes slow and chubby with a bum knee. lol
              What's wrong with slow chubby dudes?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                What's wrong with slow chubby dudes?
                BBM seeks BBBJ from SWT?

                I wouldn't look at Carradine in the first round simply from the ACL standpoint.

                Past that I might take a waiver on him though.
                Last edited by Kruunch; 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                  Apparently you'll take anyone at 19.. You got Jonathan Hankins at 19 in your mock? Dudes slow and chubby with a bum knee. lol
                  Oh please don't kill me from laughter, the dude compares to Vicne Wilfork. If you saw the games then you'd see we gut killed up the middle by running backs. Our DT play was inconsistent and even Linval struggled in double teams. We need a true 1 tech while Linval can be a hybrid.

                  Don't talk about bad picks when you have a drunk and slow LB at 19. LOL. First of all Reese doesn't look at lBs for a reason. We have crap LBs every year since he's been here and we've won the Super Bowl twice. Also even if we miraculously take a LB in the first we wouldn't take Ogletree. We like good character types, not people who drink and drive. And Ogletree can't handle the weight you need to be good for a MLB. Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard time so again don't talk about slow when you advocate for Ogletree.
                  Last edited by Sovereign; 03-20-2013, 09:07 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                    Oh please don't kill me from laughter, the dude compares to Vicne Wilfork. If you saw the games then you'd see we gut killed up the middle by running backs. Our DT play was inconsistent and even Linval struggled in double teams. We need a true 1 tech while Linval can be a hybrid.

                    Don't talk about bad picks when you have a drunk and slow LB at 19. LOL. First of all Reese doesn't look at lBs for a reason. We have crap LBs every year since he's been here and we've won the Super Bowl twice. Also even if we miraculously take a LB in the first we wouldn't take Ogletree. We like good character types, not people who drink and drive. And Ogletree can't handle the weight you need to be good for a MLB. Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard time so again don't talk about slow when you advocate for Ogletree.
                    good character types? two words....david deihl. chase was one of the worst MLB's in football last season. ogeltree on a bad day is a way better all around athlete. I promise you the giants wont waste a pick on hankins,,,he is slow and wears down very quickly and is most likely a 2 down player beacuse of this. he compares more to dontari poe and that's not a good thing. this guy is certainly no vince wilfork. travis frederick abused this kid.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                      Oh please don't kill me from laughter, the dude compares to Vicne Wilfork. If you saw the games then you'd see we gut killed up the middle by running backs. Our DT play was inconsistent and even Linval struggled in double teams. We need a true 1 tech while Linval can be a hybrid.

                      Don't talk about bad picks when you have a drunk and slow LB at 19. LOL. First of all Reese doesn't look at lBs for a reason. We have crap LBs every year since he's been here and we've won the Super Bowl twice. Also even if we miraculously take a LB in the first we wouldn't take Ogletree. We like good character types, not people who drink and drive. And Ogletree can't handle the weight you need to be good for a MLB. Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard time so again don't talk about slow when you advocate for Ogletree.
                      Diehl had a DUI too..... It is not like our team all acts perfect never going out and having fun or anything. We drafted Hosley last year and he had a positive test for pot. Will Hill was quite the character when he was in college. I am sure you have heard about that as well but by some chance that you have not I will post a link of his tweets while he was at Florida. They are quite comical I think actually lol.

                      http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....e-of-will-hill

                      In all seriousness I do not think we will draft Olgetree in the 1st round because that is not how our team has drafted in recent years in respect to the LB position but I would like the pick honestly. Since we just signed Jenkins I do not think we will grab a DT in the first either....

                      Anyways about Tank Carradine.. I think that he could be a beast for us. Does anyone know if he is almost back to full strength after the injury? Sounds like he is doing pretty fine with some of those numbers you posted! JPP and Tank could be a nice duo at the DE for years to come. There are really a lot of players that I like in the 1st this year that I would be happy with if we got. Ansah (probably gone), Rhodes, Trufant, Olgetree, Tank, Cooper, Brown even. Those are off the top of my head but I see us getting someone like Tank in the 1st then addressing LB and DT in rounds like 3-5 range. That is just what I think but who knows.
                      sigpic
                      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                      ________________________________________________________
                      Mock Draft
                      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                      ________________________________________________________
                      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                        Oh please don't kill me from laughter, the dude compares to Vicne Wilfork. If you saw the games then you'd see we gut killed up the middle by running backs. Our DT play was inconsistent and even Linval struggled in double teams. We need a true 1 tech while Linval can be a hybrid.

                        Don't talk about bad picks when you have a drunk and slow LB at 19. LOL. First of all Reese doesn't look at lBs for a reason. We have crap LBs every year since he's been here and we've won the Super Bowl twice. Also even if we miraculously take a LB in the first we wouldn't take Ogletree. We like good character types, not people who drink and drive. And Ogletree can't handle the weight you need to be good for a MLB. Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard time so again don't talk about slow when you advocate for Ogletree.
                        I was just busting b@lls. I dont think Hankins is an every down DT. He looked gassed in a lot of the games I've seen him in. He is a beast, but I dont think worth a 1st round pick. Gotta take an every down guy in that spot.

                        As for Ogletree, the guy gets a DUI and he's a drunk? What are you a born-again? Get real. The dudes also fast as hell. Have you watched him at all? He is known for his quickness, so dont try to tell me he's slow. His combine speed was 4.7, Chase ran a 4.69 (also a 4.88) and that was his PRO DAY speed, not combine... big difference in the timing and I bet Ogletree beats that today, since today is Georgia's Pro Day. We shall see later, but either way he is way better than Chase, and Im huge Chase fan.

                        And what in the hell are you talking about with Ogletree not having weight to play MLB? Thats just a load of BS and shows you have no clue what you're saying. With his frame he can easily add weight if needed. Id say he's got the perfect size and the only reason people like you bring it up is because he is a little taller than some MLB. Here's a comparison I posted on a seperate thread about sizes of MLB leaders in the NFL:
                        Alec Ogletree- 6'3" 242

                        Chase Blackburn- 6'3'' 245 (holy hell, 3 more lbs!!!!!)
                        Jon Beason- 6'0'' 237 lbs
                        Ray Lewis- 6'1'' 240 lbs
                        Jon Vilma- 6'1'' 230 lbs
                        London Fletcher- 5'10" 238

                        Ogletree is 2 inches taller and 12 lbs heavier than Vilma, sounds fine to me. Now please explain what you are talking about. Bottom line is I think Ogletree is a much better pick in the 1st then Hankins and I've seen Hankins going round 2 in many mocks. Hankins looks like he just ate his coach.
                        2017 Draft Wishlist:
                        1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                        2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                        3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                        4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                        5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                        6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                        7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                        sigpic
                        "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                        - Homer J. Simpson

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                          I was just busting b@lls. I dont think Hankins is an every down DT. He looked gassed in a lot of the games I've seen him in. He is a beast, but I dont think worth a 1st round pick. Gotta take an every down guy in that spot.

                          As for Ogletree, the guy gets a DUI and he's a drunk? What are you a born-again? Get real. The dudes also fast as hell. Have you watched him at all? He is known for his quickness, so dont try to tell me he's slow. His combine speed was 4.7, Chase ran a 4.69 (also a 4.88) and that was his PRO DAY speed, not combine... big difference in the timing and I bet Ogletree beats that today, since today is Georgia's Pro Day. We shall see later, but either way he is way better than Chase, and Im huge Chase fan.

                          And what in the hell are you talking about with Ogletree not having weight to play MLB? Thats just a load of BS and shows you have no clue what you're saying. With his frame he can easily add weight if needed. Id say he's got the perfect size and the only reason people like you bring it up is because he is a little taller than some MLB. Here's a comparison I posted on a seperate thread about sizes of MLB leaders in the NFL:
                          Alec Ogletree- 6'3" 242

                          Chase Blackburn- 6'3'' 245 (holy hell, 3 more lbs!!!!!)
                          Jon Beason- 6'0'' 237 lbs
                          Ray Lewis- 6'1'' 240 lbs
                          Jon Vilma- 6'1'' 230 lbs
                          London Fletcher- 5'10" 238

                          Ogletree is 2 inches taller and 12 lbs heavier than Vilma, sounds fine to me. Now please explain what you are talking about. Bottom line is I think Ogletree is a much better pick in the 1st then Hankins and I've seen Hankins going round 2 in many mocks. Hankins looks like he just ate his coach.
                          Another thing I would like to add is that maybe he didnt run as fast at the combine as other LB's but if you watch the kid play he flies around the place. That is why I think combine numbers can be overrated. I would rather take football speed over a full sprint w/o pads etc. I like the kid, him and brown look leaner than most LB's in the NFL but they weigh in just as much as some of the elite LB's the the NFL. Olgetree especially looks much leaner bc he is 6'3. I would have rather had Will Hill at MLB instead of Blackburn just because of the fact he can move around and can tackle well. That might be a bit of a stretch haha but seriously Blackburn played so slow on the field it was ridiculous. We need some speed at the LB position. Olgetree and Brown can bring that to the table.
                          sigpic
                          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Mock Draft
                          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I very much like Carradine for us. Thing is, if his personal workout goes well, he may be picked before we draft. I also really like Vince Williams in the 3rd-4th round range. He is a thumper, and he showed some decent wheels at his pro day yesterday, I think around a 4.6 40.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sov, this just in.. Chase ran a 4.69 at his pro day.. Ogle ran a 4.53. NEXT
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:
                              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                              sigpic
                              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                              - Homer J. Simpson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X