Here is a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    So you're willing to draft a WR just because he's good rather than an area of need like an OL or LB?
    when was the last time we drafted a lb in the first, I think it was 84 and when was the last time we went ol in the first?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      That's kind of the whole point of the BPA philosophy . . . .
      thank you

Comment

The kid has crazy skills. He is blazing fast and very elusive. He is 6'3 or something too, if you look at his Tenn tape it reminds me a lot of Peter Warrick when he was in college. Crazy athlete but these guys can really be boom or bust. Who knows maybe JR and company have Patterson rated something like their #3 WR. They do BPA according to their rankings so who knows maybe they have some guy like Brown or Tank extremely high on their list compared to most experts and stuff and they pull the trigger on someone like that at 19. It really is tough to say but it would be a lot of talent to pass up at that spot, that is for sure. I guess it would have to depend on who else was available also.. Interesting thread though!
        sigpic
        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
          when was the last time we drafted a lb in the first, I think it was 84 and when was the last time we went ol in the first?
          Ok but still..
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            That's kind of the whole point of the BPA philosophy . . . .
            Well it's not always the best philisophy, because you're not drafting a position of need, but that's just me.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              Well it's not always the best philisophy, because you're not drafting a position of need, but that's just me.
              2 superbowls in 4 years tells a different story though. Here is why I think its possible, Patterson is a talented wr who imo would be a perfect replacement if nicks or cruz are not back. I would not be surprised if we take him, I think nicks injury history and the prospect of having to give him big money will impact the decision.

Comment

A big hell no
                2017 Draft Wishlist:
                1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Patterson has to much bust potential, at a positon we have solid players and depth across the board.. He reminds me of Darrius Heyward Bey, who i knew would be a bust.. I'm just not sold on the guy, nor do we need a WR..

Comment

The guy is a top 10 talent if he is there at 19 it wouldn't surprise me he takes him
                    Please, if this draft wasn't so thin at WR, this guy wouldn't even be a 1st rd. Pick

Comment

If Cordarrelle Patterson is on the board at 19 does JR pull the trigger and take him. I say yes he does.
                      Only if Matt Barkley isn't available.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                        Please, if this draft wasn't so thin at WR, this guy wouldn't even be a 1st rd. Pick
                        You think so? What do you base your opinion on? Im not trying to be a smart *** I am just trying to spark a conversation and I always like to hear others opinions on a subject.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          Patterson has to much bust potential, at a positon we have solid players and depth across the board.. He reminds me of Darrius Heyward Bey, who i knew would be a bust.. I'm just not sold on the guy, nor do we need a WR..
                          I understand Patterson has only one year at d1 level but I think he has way more physical ability then heyward-bey. Also heyward-bey was a combine star if I remember correctly and didn't exactly warrant where the raiders selected him. IMO if heyward-bey was selected later in the draft by a different team I think it may have worked out differently for him. But being selected in the top 10 you are expected to produce at a high level out of the gate.

Comment

I just want to be clear I am not suggesting the Giants select Patterson, I am just asking if he is available does JR pull the trigger on him. I don't see the Giants taking OL/LB in the first at all. So that leaves DL/DB/WR with that pick, I am curious to see where they go. I know a lot of people want to see Ogletree but the guy is a sideline too sideline type guy. I think he is vulnerable when you run power right at him.

Comment

If he thinks highly of him, yeah. I still believe Reese will go BPA. Obviously he will weigh the OL or DL heavier, but if he sees Patterson as a top 5 pick this year and he falls to 19, and no DL or OL players he likes are left, Id say he would be all over him.

Nicks? Oft injured. Cruz? May not be able to hold onto him. Randle? Jernigan? Barden?

IMO, Patterson is the going to be a very good #1 WR in the NFL. He was actually the WR I liked during the year when everyone else was talking about that kid from Cal Clemson and USC. Also, like Tavarres King from Georgia and Mark Harrison from Rutgers late.
                              The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                If he thinks highly of him, yeah. I still believe Reese will go BPA. Obviously he will weigh the OL or DL heavier, but if he sees Patterson as a top 5 pick this year and he falls to 19, and no DL or OL players he likes are left, Id say he would be all over him.

Nicks? Oft injured. Cruz? May not be able to hold onto him. Randle? Jernigan? Barden?

IMO, Patterson is the going to be a very good #1 WR in the NFL. He was actually the WR I liked during the year when everyone else was talking about that kid from Cal Clemson and USC. Also, like Tavarres King from Georgia and Mark Harrison from Rutgers late.
                                I was thinking the same thing regarding Nicks. I love the guy, he is tough as nails but come FA time I don't know how much the FO would give him given his injury history. Especially if another team breaks the bank for him. That is why I asked the question, JR has shown he will draft for a possible future need. I am thinking about it this way, Patterson can sit for a year and learn from Nicks, Cruz and Eli. It also gives JR insurance in the event we loose Nicks or Cruz. He admitted they considered RR at the bottom of the first last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X