Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is john simon a DE or OLB in a 4/3 or mix of both?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont think he could play Linebacker in a 4-3. He just isnt a fluid enough athlete to play in space. He will struggle mightily in pass coverage
    U do realize Kiwanuka is our starting SLB, right? Also, he was killer in space at his proday, and played all over the place at Ohio St including LB...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      U do realize Kiwanuka is our starting SLB, right? Also, he was killer in space at his proday, and played all over the place at Ohio St including LB...
      Thats not a good thing having Kiwanuka as a LB. Did u see his pro day? His games dont show a good enough athlete to play LB well in a 4-3 in the NFL.

Comment

Thats not a good thing having Kiwanuka as a LB. Did u see his pro day? His games dont show a good enough athlete to play LB well in a 4-3 in the NFL.
        Even though hes not dropping into coverege all the time, i have faith he can be fine doing it in a short area, while also playing SDE as well.. He seems to win the leverege battle all the time, and its nothing knew to him going against bigger OT's and taller ones at that.. Even more athletic DE's don't produce like him, becuase this guy plays all the time, and alot of these so called "athletic" fit the mold 4/3 DE's do not... Hes very good at playing the run as well.. I think he can play DE and some SLB, especially in run downs in a base 4/3 scheme, and hes got a natural feel at rushing the passer, and he has a ton of pass rush moves.. This guys the kinda player who produces for ya.. Hes much more then just a undersized DE.. He does almost everything well, from hand placement, to a varitey of pass rush moves, to playing through the whistle, to extremely good timing, to solid technique...etc Add in the versatility, and i think its just a matter of what team picks em , he does well for.. The more i learn and see, the more i like this kid alot and think he can fit any scheme and any team...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Even though hes not dropping into coverege all the time, i have faith he can be fine doing it in a short area, while also playing SDE as well.. He seems to win the leverege battle all the time, and its nothing knew to him going against bigger OT's and taller ones at that.. Even more athletic DE's don't produce like him, becuase this guy plays all the time, and alot of these so called "athletic" fit the mold 4/3 DE's do not... Hes very good at playing the run as well.. I think he can play DE and some SLB, especially in run downs in a base 4/3 scheme, and hes got a natural feel at rushing the passer, and he has a ton of pass rush moves.. This guys the kinda player who produces for ya.. Hes much more then just a undersized DE.. He does almost everything well, from hand placement, to a varitey of pass rush moves, to playing through the whistle, to extremely good timing, to solid technique...etc Add in the versatility, and i think its just a matter of what team picks em , he does well for.. The more i learn and see, the more i like this kid alot and think he can fit any scheme and any team...
          As a 4-3 under LB where they play on the line of scrimmage he would be good against the run but if u wanted him to play in Space carrying a TE down the field its just not going to happen.

Comment

As a 4-3 under LB where they play on the line of scrimmage he would be good against the run but if u wanted him to play in Space carrying a TE down the field its just not going to happen.
            I agree, he definetly would lack at running in space downfield with TE's, but again, i think in a short area, he could be fine, and i really believe he could play alot of SDE as well, with that relentless motor, array of pass rush moves, and hand useage... I just think he could be a great jack of all trades and move him all around and keep the offense on there toes a bit.. Hes got a bit of explosiion as well, so if u give him a lane, hes gonna explode through it and get the QB or at least rush the play a bit... Hes a intriguine guy when talking about 3rd rd area, as pass rushers with versatility at that point in the draft from prestiougus schools are tough to find then..

Comment

Working...
            X