Guard at 19?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    Do you think that this draft is terrible? What are the deepest positions?
    It's a good draft. Just the first round is an issue. Pretty much everyone in this draft from round 1-3 is a 2nd round prospect.

Comment

Can only hope Copper is still there at 19. If so, I can only hope he becomes a Giant! He was my #1 in my 1st Mock and still is although I am now thinking he likely will be gone.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        I will admit, O-line is probably the most "boring" pick for a first rounder, but if they're the BPA, then by all means draft them. O-line is our biggest problem right now and if there is good value at 19, I say take them.
        I agree boring but,
        Once upon a time, a long time ago, the Giants drafted two OL with their first and second round picks. One of them was Jumbo Elliott and the other was a Guard. The Giants had a temendous OL and played smash mouth style for years. Time has changed. and although it is now a passing game, we need to have an OL, preferably with versatile players that can both protect Eli and open holes to run the ball effectively, to provide a balanced offensive attack.

If the BPA is OL, then hopefully JR goes that way.
        Yes JR appears to have acquired players equal to or better or stop gap, at all positions we have lost players.

We have 8 picks.
        I think we go BPA all rounds: all defensive players, at least 5 of 6 pns (CB, S, OLB, ILB, DT, DE) and two/three offenseive T, G, WR or RB.

Comment

I would have no problem with Cooper or Warmack at 19, preferably Cooper, seems more agile and could possibly play some center. I would be ok with Lane Johnson as well, but I have a feeling that Johnson will be gone at 19, along with Joeckel and Fisher.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
            I would have no problem with Cooper or Warmack at 19, preferably Cooper, seems more agile and could possibly play some center. I would be ok with Lane Johnson as well, but I have a feeling that Johnson will be gone at 19, along with Joeckel and Fisher.
            I think all 5 will be gone.. Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Warmack & Cooper.. which leaves us with Fluker as the BPA O-linemen

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              It's a good draft. Just the first round is an issue. Pretty much everyone in this draft from round 1-3 is a 2nd round prospect.
              Yeah lots of players in the 2nd round range. I just dont like the first round talent. I dont think there is 20 players who I think are legitimate 1st round prospects

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                I think all 5 will be gone.. Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Warmack & Cooper.. which leaves us with Fluker as the BPA O-linemen
                And if Fluker is the best available O-linemen at that point, I would be ok if Reese and the Giants passed on him. Not a big fan. He is a big boy and I worry about him vs the quicker pass rushers.

At that point, I would hope the Giants go after the best available CB or D-linemen in the 1st. They could pick up a solid O-linemen in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                  And if Fluker is the best available O-linemen at that point, I would be ok if Reese and the Giants passed on him. Not a big fan. He is a big boy and I worry about him vs the quicker pass rushers.

At that point, I would hope the Giants go after the best available CB or D-linemen in the 1st. They could pick up a solid O-linemen in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd.
                  take a guard at 19????

Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-23-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    Yeah lots of players in the 2nd round range. I just dont like the first round talent. I dont think there is 20 players who I think are legitimate 1st round prospects
                    Wich is why I'd like to trade back...nobody that really intrigues me & we have plenty needs.....but I highly doubt it'll happen

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      As long as there are 19!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        As long as there are 19!
                        including some who will go in the first 20.

Comment

Working...
                        X