Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ratings for CBs in the draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ratings for CBs in the draft

    I am not a draft guru at all, was wondering if some of you that are could weigh in on these guys and there value at the rounds projected:

    1 Xavier Rhodes/Desmond Trufant
    2 David Amerson/Darius Slay
    3 Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    4 Tharold Simon
    5 Terry Hawthore/Sanders Commings

    I basically sought out the guys that had good size and speed, as I was thinking of our division opponents being big and quick with their WRs sets....

  • #2
    Should Be Dee Millner Ran the fastest CB 40 Time. followed by rhodes and Co. Jordan Poyer should probably be #4.

    Comment


    • #3
      Im a big fan or Poyer. Wouldnt be upset if we got him in the second round. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers may also be a option for us in the 2nd or 3rd. I would also like it if the Giants took a chance on the Honey Badger in the 3rd or later.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
        Should Be Dee Millner Ran the fastest CB 40 Time. followed by rhodes and Co. Jordan Poyer should probably be #4.
        Well keep in mind...I also listed these ones because they are realistic picks for us in these rounds. Dee will not be there when we pick at 19. Jordan Poyer I don't know much about......is he slated for 1st round?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Im a big fan or Poyer. Wouldnt be upset if we got him in the second round. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers may also be a option for us in the 2nd or 3rd. I would also like it if the Giants took a chance on the Honey Badger in the 3rd or later.
          Why do we need the next Pac man? We have Hosley for the slot......why do we need a CB that hasn't played football for a year?

          Comment


          • #6
            Really don't want Amerson anywhere near the Giants big board. The guy takes way too many chances and got burned up the wazoo last year. Don't like him as a fit in the Giants scheme at all.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
              Should Be Dee Millner Ran the fastest CB 40 Time. followed by rhodes and Co. Jordan Poyer should probably be #4.
              I have Jordan Poyer number 2 behind Milliner.. I know most won't agree, but they also didn't when i had Casey Hayward ranked 2nd last yr, and he turned out to be one of the best players in the draft period, let alone CB..

              1). Dee Milliner CB Bama
              2). Jordan Poyer CB Org St
              3). Xavier Rhodes CB Fla St.
              4). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
              5). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
              6). Darius Slay CB Miss St.
              7). Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.
              8). Blidi Wreh Wilson CB UCONN
              9). Will Davis CB Utah St.
              10). Logan Ryan CB Rutgers


              Next in line- Leon McFadden SD St, Tharold Simon lsu, Terry Hawthorne Ill, Brandon McGee Miami...

              Comment


              • #8
                When i first started noticing and talking about Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor, they were like 4th-6th rd prospects, and i wrote on these very boards, that , that was ridiculous and they are huge sleepers, and over time, they both moved up to 2nd rd status and tore up combine.. My point is that stick to ur guns and who u like.. Its exactly why when draft comes around, its never what rankings suggest, and u see so many surprises, because NFL teams aren't making the big boards and prospect rankings aroudn the web, its people with opinions, like u and I.. I see what i see, and don't care about rankings..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  I have Jordan Poyer number 2 behind Milliner.. I know most won't agree, but they also didn't when i had Casey Hayward ranked 2nd last yr, and he turned out to be one of the best players in the draft period, let alone CB..

                  1). Dee Milliner CB Bama
                  2). Jordan Poyer CB Org St
                  3). Xavier Rhodes CB Fla St.
                  4). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
                  5). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
                  6). Darius Slay CB Miss St.
                  7). Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.
                  8). Blidi Wreh Wilson CB UCONN
                  9). Will Davis CB Utah St.
                  10). Logan Ryan CB Rutgers


                  Next in line- Leon McFadden SD St, Tharold Simon lsu, Terry Hawthorne Ill, Brandon McGee Miami...
                  I would like Jamar Taylor in the 2nd rd, if the Giants did not get Rhodes or Trufant in the st rd. Another guy from UConn that I like nycsportzfan, is Dwayne Gratz. Maybe 4th rd? I have him in my latest mock I posted yesterday.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                    I would like Jamar Taylor in the 2nd rd, if the Giants did not get Rhodes or Trufant in the st rd. Another guy from UConn that I like nycsportzfan, is Dwayne Gratz. Maybe 4th rd? I have him in my latest mock I posted yesterday.
                    Ya, theres a ton of good CB's in this yrs draft.. Jamar Taylor is a cool dude as well.. I read a interview he did, and liked what he was saying.. Hes a physical corner with plenty of speed that he showed at the combine, and has great size at 5ft 11in 192lbs, and he really mixes it up in the run game, as shows with his 51tackles, 3.5TFL, 2.5Sacks.. Also, he added 9PD and 4picks.. This kid can flat out ball..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                      Ya, theres a ton of good CB's in this yrs draft.. Jamar Taylor is a cool dude as well.. I read a interview he did, and liked what he was saying.. Hes a physical corner with plenty of speed that he showed at the combine, and has great size at 5ft 11in 192lbs, and he really mixes it up in the run game, as shows with his 51tackles, 3.5TFL, 2.5Sacks.. Also, he added 9PD and 4picks.. This kid can flat out ball..
                      And I would be shocked if the Giants did not draft a CB somewhere in this upcoming draft. Webster is going into a contract year and Ross was only signed to a 1yr deal. I don't see Hosley starting on the outside at CB opposite of Prince. Hosely seems to be more suited as a nickel CB.

                      And if the Giants were to draft a top tier CB in the 1st or 2nd rd, that player wouldnt necessarily have to be rushed into starting duty. They could get some pt this season, get acclaimated to the NFL speed and schemes etc.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                        And I would be shocked if the Giants did not draft a CB somewhere in this upcoming draft. Webster is going into a contract year and Ross was only signed to a 1yr deal. I don't see Hosley starting on the outside at CB opposite of Prince. Hosely seems to be more suited as a nickel CB.

                        And if the Giants were to draft a top tier CB in the 1st or 2nd rd, that player wouldnt necessarily have to be rushed into starting duty. They could get some pt this season, get acclaimated to the NFL speed and schemes etc.
                        agreed.. Theres just way to much CB talent and as u said, our situation is perfect for CB to be drafted, because we have 1yr guys and guys at end of the road, so a CB to be prepared to be future outside with Prince while not being rushed into situation seems likely..

                        Not to mention, we know how quickly CB depth can be decimated, better then most teams...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          When i first started noticing and talking about Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor, they were like 4th-6th rd prospects, and i wrote on these very boards, that , that was ridiculous and they are huge sleepers, and over time, they both moved up to 2nd rd status and tore up combine.. My point is that stick to ur guns and who u like.. Its exactly why when draft comes around, its never what rankings suggest, and u see so many surprises, because NFL teams aren't making the big boards and prospect rankings aroudn the web, its people with opinions, like u and I.. I see what i see, and don't care about rankings..
                          great post here.
                          Most of these analyst whether publicized professionals or just social media recognized all start off the same way, watching the tape, knowing what makes the player and if they will have a early smooth or late challenging transition into the league. Rankings change everyday, some players you might like fall or rise; it is the nature of the beast. Pro-days / combines only tell some of the story you have to watch the tape.

                          Jamar Taylor to me was never a 4-5th round guy I've always saw him as a early day two kid. i think with his pro day he might have made enough of an argument to say he can be a late day 1 guy. I posted in another thread that there are 3-4 CB's that are 1st round talents, 3 of them going before 21 Taylor was one of those four guys.
                          Strong for press man 22 reps at the bench
                          fast for slot or outside 4.39
                          can blitz from the outside / not afraid to get in there and mix it up in the box
                          squares up his opposition and tackles well, I rarely see his lung blindly
                          feisty with his man causes fumbles or at least mostly tries to strip the ball away before the tackle, ( this can also be viewed as a liability thing at the next level, Most pro WR are strong enough and balanced to stay up right after these attempts. )
                          good ball carrier recognition, anticipates well and doesn't get behind himself
                          will get flagged a bit for his phsyical play at times, .

                          Too much to like about this kid. I would be pleased If the giants came out with two DB's this draft too much talent in the late rounds at this position this year.


                          edit: Jerrel Gavin is taylors teammate is another guy to look out for as mid 3rd-4th pick. he was overshadowed by Taylors play last year but is a gifted corner.
                          Last edited by NYGdraftMIND; 03-25-2013, 02:39 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What about D.J. Hayden?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                              What about D.J. Hayden?
                              http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?29340-Surprised

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X