Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF one of these OTs is on board at pick 15/16, how much is it to trade up from 19?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF one of these OTs is on board at pick 15/16, how much is it to trade up from 19?

Hypothetically, How much would the Giants have to offer to trade up from #19 to either #15 or #16
    to acquire a promising OT?

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (I'm dreaming)
    Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (Possibly on the board at #15)

Don't think they trade up or pick OL in the first. They need to rebuild the DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Don't think they trade up or pick OL in the first. They need to rebuild the DL.
      It's very possible that we will draft OL in the first. We just won't trade up to do it.

Comment

We need all our picks, and JR so far has a great track record of using all of our picks.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

We don't trade up or down, that's not the NYG way.

Comment

I understand what everyone is saying but my question is

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
            We don't trade up or down, that's not the NYG way.
            I understand what everyone is saying but my question is...
            how much would the Giants need in order to move up to #15 or #16?

I doubt that they will too, and believe if Fluker is on the board they may take him for RT. However, I thnk they can get him later and may be a reach at 19?

I'm just curious to know how many points equates to what round pick we would have to consider in order to move up if it meant
            getting Fischer or Johnson, who i feel are better, as they can play both LT and RT.

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post

I doubt that they will too, and believe if Fluker is on the board they may take him for RT. However, I thnk they can get him later and may be a reach at 19?

I'm just curious to know how many points equates to what round pick we would have to consider in order to move up if it meant
              getting Fischer or Johnson, who i feel are better, as they can play both LT and RT.
              Depends what the team asks for. A 4th most likely

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                Depends what the team asks for. A 4th most likely
                Wow, I would have to take a really hard look at whether it is worth it?

I mean is it worth getting a Stud T for the next ten years in exchange for loosing our 4th round pick?
                Obviously not, if there isnt a big drop off in talent after Fisher and Johnson?
                However, it is intriguing.

Comment

if this draft is as deep in talent as some folks have been saying, I'm not sure it makes sense to trade up in the 1st.
                  my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

if this draft is as deep in talent at O-line as some folks have been saying, I'm not sure it makes sense to trade up in the 1st.

Comment

lol, I can't edit for the life of me

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
                        if this draft is as deep in talent at O-line as some folks have been saying, I'm not sure it makes sense to trade up in the 1st.
                        There are 4 elite lineman Joekel,Fisher, Warmack, Cooper
                        Then Lane Johnson I would put in a tier by himself

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          There are 4 elite lineman Joekel,Fisher, Warmack, Cooper Then Lane Johnson I would put in a tier by himself
                          Meaning he's a cut above those guys or he's not quite there but better than everyone after him?

Comment

It will cost around a late 2nd, early 3rd pick to jump from #19 to #15 according to various draft pick value calculators.

Comment

Wow, I would have to take a really hard look at whether it is worth it?

I mean is it worth getting a Stud T for the next ten years in exchange for loosing our 4th round pick?
                              Obviously not, if there isnt a big drop off in talent after Fisher and Johnson?
                              However, it is intriguing.
                              Obviously not? If you can trade up using a 4th round pick on a guy you feel can be a stud for the next 10 years, you do it & not think twice.....we don't exactly hit homeruns with our late round picks

Comment

Working...
                              X