Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you be disappointed with as our pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ogeltree

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      you would be pissed with Warmack or Cooper..?
      Yup

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        So the consensus here is that there is nobody the giants can pick that someone wont hate.
        I cant think of a year that I have been on these boards where there werent a flood of negative responses to who we drafted.

        2006 - complaints because Kiwi had a bad senoir bowl week where Dbrickashaw Ferguson has his way with Kiwi. People in these board erupted when we picked him because a jets pick had beaten up a Giants pick that offseason. Turned out later that Kiwi was pretty sick the entire senior bowl week.

        2007 - Aaron Ross. People complained mostly because he wasnt Paul Posluszny others where angry the Jets got ahead of us ro draft Revis.

        2008 - KP. People complained that safeties arent worth 1st round picks because they dont touch the ball enough, or some other such nonsense. Most on these boards wanted us to take Dan Connor in the 1st(he ended up going in the 3rd so they remained quiet after the draft.)

        2009 - Nicks. People on these boards loved Kenny Britt andJeremy Maclin. Nicks was much less popular than those other wrs on these boards.

        2010 - JPP- people complained back flips do not a good football player make. They also said he was a project player who had a huge chance of being a bust. These boards were overrun with crying for Sean Witherspoon prior to , and after the draft.

        2011 - Prince- prolly the fewest complaints about this pick, but still a good number. Several people wanted Jimmy Smith over Prince. Some people complained that he must have fallen for a reason and that we were duped.

        2012 - Wilson - Too many reasons to list. People complained about Tampa trading up ahead of us and taking Doug Martin. People complained we didnt need a RB. People complained a RB isnt worth a 1st round pick. I could go on but this 1 is still fresh in people's memory and I am sure people can remember for themselves.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          I cant think of a year that I have been on these boards where there werent a flood of negative responses to who we drafted.

          2006 - complaints because Kiwi had a bad senoir bowl week where Dbrickashaw Ferguson has his way with Kiwi. People in these board erupted when we picked him because a jets pick had beaten up a Giants pick that offseason. Turned out later that Kiwi was pretty sick the entire senior bowl week.

          2007 - Aaron Ross. People complained mostly because he wasnt Paul Posluszny others where angry the Jets got ahead of us ro draft Revis.

          2008 - KP. People complained that safeties arent worth 1st round picks because they dont touch the ball enough, or some other such nonsense. Most on these boards wanted us to take Dan Connor in the 1st(he ended up going in the 3rd so they remained quiet after the draft.)

          2009 - Nicks. People on these boards loved Kenny Britt andJeremy Maclin. Nicks was much less popular than those other wrs on these boards.

          2010 - JPP- people complained back flips do not a good football player make. They also said he was a project player who had a huge chance of being a bust. These boards were overrun with crying for Sean Witherspoon prior to , and after the draft.

          2011 - Prince- prolly the fewest complaints about this pick, but still a good number. Several people wanted Jimmy Smith over Prince. Some people complained that he must have fallen for a reason and that we were duped.

          2012 - Wilson - Too many reasons to list. People complained about Tampa trading up ahead of us and taking Doug Martin. People complained we didnt need a RB. People complained a RB isnt worth a 1st round pick. I could go on but this 1 is still fresh in people's memory and I am sure people can remember for themselves.
          I don't remember anyone being unhappy about drafting Nicks. And Maclin was already gone. (thank God).
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I don't remember anyone being unhappy about drafting Nicks. And Maclin was already gone. (thank God).
            The already gone argument doesnt really work tho. Revis was already gone when we picked Ross, people complained. Doug Martin was gone when we picked Wilson, people are still complaining.

            Don't get me wrong, there are always people who are happy with our picks but there were definitely posters who wanted Maclin and especially Britt more than Nicks. They complained in posts at the time. My point is that I think sometimes people fall in love with certain picks too much and also fall out of love ith certain players a bit too much too.

            Take Ogletree for example. Imagine if we picked him come draft day how these forums would react. There would be a lot of cheers and some very vocal Jeers as well.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              The already gone argument doesnt really work tho. Revis was already gone when we picked Ross, people complained. Doug Martin was gone when we picked Wilson, people are still complaining.

              Don't get me wrong, there are always people who are happy with our picks but there were definitely posters who wanted Maclin and especially Britt more than Nicks. They complained in posts at the time. My point is that I think sometimes people fall in love with certain picks too much and also fall out of love ith certain players a bit too much too.

              Take Ogletree for example. Imagine if we picked him come draft day how these forums would react. There would be a lot of cheers and some very vocal Jeers as well.
              Tree would be fine with me, i am ok with any player who immediately upgrades the D. I dont want to see damontre moore or any OL in the 1st. this pick needs to be defense all the way.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                Tree would be fine with me, i am ok with any player who immediately upgrades the D. I dont want to see damontre moore or any OL in the 1st. this pick needs to be defense all the way.
                That isnt at all unreasonable. I dont 100% agree with it, but to each his own.

                I would only have a problem with you if you came to the boards the day after the draft raging over us selecting a guy who Reese might like who doesnt fit your opinion. Like if we selected Chance or something.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  The already gone argument doesnt really work tho. Revis was already gone when we picked Ross, people complained. Doug Martin was gone when we picked Wilson, people are still complaining.

                  Don't get me wrong, there are always people who are happy with our picks but there were definitely posters who wanted Maclin and especially Britt more than Nicks. They complained in posts at the time. My point is that I think sometimes people fall in love with certain picks too much and also fall out of love ith certain players a bit too much too.

                  Take Ogletree for example. Imagine if we picked him come draft day how these forums would react. There would be a lot of cheers and some very vocal Jeers as well.
                  There was no reason to move up for Maclin. Nicks was so good at UNC. He was a perfect kind of player for Eli as well. A guy who catches the ball in traffic. I was eating at my daughters waiting for the pick and hoping we drafted Nicks. I posted after that, barring injury, he would end up as the greatest WR in Giants history. And quite honestly, a lot of people agreed.
                  The only way the fact that Maclin was gone is a bad argument, is if someone thought we should have moved up, which would have been crazy given the high rating Nicks had.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    That isnt at all unreasonable. I dont 100% agree with it, but to each his own.

                    I would only have a problem with you if you came to the boards the day after the draft raging over us selecting a guy who Reese might like who doesnt fit your opinion. Like if we selected Chance or something.
                    I have been on record as a pro ogeltree guy since the beginning.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      There was no reason to move up for Maclin. Nicks was so good at UNC. He was a perfect kind of player for Eli as well. A guy who catches the ball in traffic. I was eating at my daughters waiting for the pick and hoping we drafted Nicks. I posted after that, barring injury, he would end up as the greatest WR in Giants history. And quite honestly, a lot of people agreed.
                      The only way the fact that Maclin was gone is a bad argument, is if someone thought we should have moved up, which would have been crazy given the high rating Nicks had.
                      Didnt the Giants have a trade ready for maclin but the Eagles moved up and snatched him

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Didnt the Giants have a trade ready for maclin but the Eagles moved up and snatched him
                        glad we got nicks, nagging injuries and all.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          The already gone argument doesnt really work tho. Revis was already gone when we picked Ross, people complained. Doug Martin was gone when we picked Wilson, people are still complaining.

                          Don't get me wrong, there are always people who are happy with our picks but there were definitely posters who wanted Maclin and especially Britt more than Nicks. They complained in posts at the time. My point is that I think sometimes people fall in love with certain picks too much and also fall out of love ith certain players a bit too much too.

                          Take Ogletree for example. Imagine if we picked him come draft day how these forums would react. There would be a lot of cheers and some very vocal Jeers as well.
                          Im indifferent on Ogletree if the Giants coaches clear him I wouldnt have a problem with it. I just dont know if he is a MLB and thats what the Giants need. i like Jacquain Williams a lot and I think he can be effective in that spot without using a premium pick

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                            glad we got nicks, nagging injuries and all.
                            Britt is very talented but the predraft talk on him being a trouble maker were spot on. He looked dominating in some games though. Before he got hurt in 2011 he looked like he was going to have a monster season
                            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Didnt the Giants have a trade ready for maclin but the Eagles moved up and snatched him
                              I dont think so. I could be wrong tho.

                              I do remember Mayock saying that Nicks was our guy from the get go and that we had met with him numberous times prior to the draft. Before we picked he definitely seemed to know for sure what our selection was.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                                I have been on record as a pro ogeltree guy since the beginning.
                                I am fine with him as a player and I think the player would be rated around where we pick without the character concerns. I just dont predict him as the pick because we do tend to value character more than most. If Reese was ok with his character, I would be fine with it.

                                But, I was just refering to the clear divide in opinions on these boards about him. People love him or people hate him. If he were the pick there would be a lot of positive posts and a lot of complaints too.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X