Would you draft the honey badger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you draft the honey badger?

Tyrann Mathieu is clearly talented but comes with some baggage. If his issues didn't happen he would be a first round talent. He also had a really good pro day. If we can get him in the 4th or 5th round, would you grab him?

If he was down that far...in the 4th and 5th...I would say hell yeah. The team wouldn't be giving up much if he didn't pan out.

Comment

He wont be available in the 4th or 5th someone will roll the dice in the 3rd... and to answer your question.. Without a doubt!!! You cant teach playmaking ability... He has it naturally a long with some baggage but I feel our vets n TC could keep him in check. He has a personality that would do well in NY.
      NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

He's not making it out of the 3rd.. He won't be a Giant..

Comment

I think he's a decent 3rd round bargain and even more so if he slips lower, but as others mentioned someone will take the risk and scoop him up def before the 4th. My gut says late 2nd to early 3rd.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

This needed a new thread?? What's with people around here starting new threads for no valid reason?

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
              This needed a new thread?? What's with people around here starting new threads for no valid reason?
              nothing wrong a Honey Bardger 5.0 thread..

Comment

I just cant wait till someone makes another thread about this 7 days from now

Comment

I will take him in the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                    I just cant wait till someone makes another thread about this 7 days from now
                    More like 7 hours..

Comment

As important as a inside corner is nowadays, I'd roll the dice in the 3rd on him. His ability to create turnovers and his return abilities would just be too much to pass up. Also I really believe that the character of this locker room and organization could keep him in line.

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
                        As important as a inside corner is nowadays, I'd roll the dice in the 3rd on him. His ability to create turnovers and his return abilities would just be too much to pass up. Also I really believe that the character of this locker room and organization could keep him in line.
                        agreed.

Comment

If we don't have a chance for one of the top 3 CBs (Rhodes for example) then I would consider a 3rd for him. But prince and hosley are already slightly smaller backs and although they are going to begreat cbs imo, I'd be scared taller Wrs would have their way against us.

Personally I'd like to be able to have at least 1 bigger tougher back on the team (Rhodes) to compliment our other cbs.

Comment

If we don't have a chance for one of the top 3 CBs (Rhodes for example) then I would consider a 3rd for him. But prince and hosley are already slightly smaller backs and although they are going to begreat cbs imo, I'd be scared taller Wrs would have their way against us.

Personally I'd like to be able to have at least 1 bigger tougher back on the team (Rhodes) to compliment our other cbs.
                            the badger is a ballhawk with a relentless motor,,would LOVE to have him. if you could put him in rhodes body he is a top 5 pick hands down.

Comment

The question really isnt if "I would" but if Reese would. If we did select him I would trust that Reese met with the kid and felt he has matured.

I do think he will be drafted and likely because he has had such agood offseason someone will take a chance on him prior to day 3. I know some teams dont care about character concerns as much as others.

But the Giants are different. We are based out of the media capital of the world, where the nightlife is as big as anywhere, and a player cant get away from a camera or a microphone for 2 seconds, combined with a league that now penalizes players and teams for misbeavior. We have to consider it a great deal.

For that reason, I think he will be more valuable to another team, like a small market team where indiscretions are more likely to go unnoticed or unreported.

I also think we dont have much room in our secondary for another small guy.

I could be wrong tho.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X