kevin mintner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevin mintner

he improved his 40 time dramatically at his pro day,,from 4.81 to 4.63. has he now become a viable option for the giants in the 2nd round if still there?
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM.

yea.. I like him the 2nd.. but alot more in the 3rd.....

Comment

It really all depends on who is still around in the 2nd. Reese has managed to get some really good talent to drop to him in the 2nd rounds these last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
        he improved his 40 time dramatically at his pro day,,from 4.81 to 4.63. has he now become a viable option for the giants in the 2nd round if still there?
        Do people here not realize that all prospects run faster on their prodays and that he still a two down LB at best in the pros?

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
          Do people here not realize that all prospects run faster on their prodays and that he still a two down LB at best in the pros?
          do people here realize that some players are better pros than college players and vice versa and that many pro scouts do view him as a 3 down LB?? but what do they know??? he is often compared to Demeco ryans which isnt too shabby.
          Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-28-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I do not think he is a 3 down player. That isnt an insult, a lot of 43 MLbs come off the field in the nickle package.

I still like him as a plugger and it is very rare you hear a group of coaches rant and rave about a player's leadership the way they do Minter.
            sigpic

Comment

I wanted the 4.81 Minter in the 2nd. I'll gladly take a 4.63 Minter there. He is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                I do not think he is a 3 down player. That isnt an insult, a lot of 43 MLbs come off the field in the nickle package.

I still like him as a plugger and it is very rare you hear a group of coaches rant and rave about a player's leadership the way they do Minter.
                Even if he's not, which I don't totally believe, that's what we have Jacquain and Rivers for.

Comment

Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                  Even if he's not, which I don't totally believe, that's what we have Jacquain and Rivers for.
                  not sold on JWill and rivers a..k.a. made of glass can not be relied on. we need multiple LB's of the future.

Comment

ewww lol Rather Greene or Ogletree.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                      ewww lol Rather Greene or Ogletree.
                      neither can play the middle like minter.

Comment

minter was the mlb i wanted over ogeltree and teo bc of where we could get him and bc minter is better in the backpedal than teo...i think Minter could be a 3 down player i thought he moved well in his back pedal and space...would be fine with Minter or Brown in the 2nd

Comment

neither can play the middle like minter.
                          In your opinion. thats it.

Comment

I don't understand why people don't think Minter can cover.. It seems some just like to use the the old cliche that if ur a 245lb 6ft mlb, u must not be able to defend the pass or something.. Hes not nearly as weak in coverege as some make him out to be on here, and i think there will be plenty of times u see him on the field on 3rd down.. Hes more of a 3down LB then given credit for, thats for sure...

Comment

I've watched enough of him to know he can't cover at all. His zone awareness is 0. Teo isn't the most mobile guy, but he understands how to play in coverage. Minter has no clue.

Any film of minter in coverage is watching a guy get turned completely around and totally lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X