Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Carradine >>> Bjoern Werner. The tape doesn't lie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
    I think Okafor will be the better pass rusher. Werner is really quit ordinary in a lot of ways and I don't see a great pass rusher at the next level (I don't think the scouts do either, considering his stock has cooled over the past few months)
    The only place I've seen Werner mocked even remotely close to the #19 pick was ESPN. Walter, CBS, NFL Draft Scout, SB Nation and Mike Mayock all have Werner as a Top 10 selection.

As far as comparing Okafor and Werner ... I think Okafor might be a little more consistent but Werner definitely has more play making ability.

I'd be fine with either, but if given the choice, definitely Werner.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Not sure ... with all the talk of JPP being moved to the strong side now.

I wonder how much of that kind of stuff that hits the media is draft day smoke screens.

But yeah it would be hard seeing the Giants pass him up.
      I don't think that matters at all if Werners on the board.. I think they simply scrap that idea, and have Werner at Strongside without even hesitating... I would be astounded if Werner is on board and we don't take em.. We need DE help, and Werner offers tremendous value, still has upside, comes from a prestigous program, and has a non stop motor and solid size.. Jerry Reese will draft him if hes on the board...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        I don't think that matters at all if Werners on the board.. I think they simply scrap that idea, and have Werner at Strongside without even hesitating... I would be astounded if Werner is on board and we don't take em.. We need DE help, and Werner offers tremendous value, still has upside, comes from a prestigous program, and has a non stop motor and solid size.. Jerry Reese will draft him if hes on the board...
        I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
          Whose going to be the better pro, Werner or Okafor?
          I like Okafor alot as well, but u talk about stocks being cooled, and say Werner, yet Okafor was a 1st rd canadite a few months back, and now u rarley see him in the first rd, and most times he lasts till after we pick in RD2.. I like alot of the pass rushers this yr, personally, but first and foremost is Werner.. Werner might not be flashy, but he just gets it.. He knows his job and gets it done.. Theres not much of this little stuff that u have to think about with him.. U put him on the field and he can go get it with his agressive nature, motor, and power..

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            I completely agree.
            Thank u my friend...

Comment

Werner is beast at batting passes as well, as hes done 16times in the past 2seasons.. Think about that, hes effecting so many plays, by batting passes, sacking QB, stuffing the run(29TFL last 2yrs), and hes had 25 and 30 solo tackles the past 2yrs as well, let alone the tackles hes split.. This guys a complete player, who got alot of those numbers with additonal blocking against him..

Oh ya, and hes not nearly a finished product yet.. A yr or 2 of NFL coaching on technique and pass rush moves, and this guys gonna be exactly what Justin Tuck was for us early on in his career...

Comment

Barkevious Mingo >>> every other available DE @ pick 19.
                2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  He abused Lane Johnson in 2011 is he going to be an NFL tackle
                  Wasn't that Lane Johnson's first year playing OT, though?

Comment

Originally posted by wideright91 View Post
                    Wasn't that Lane Johnson's first year playing OT, though?
                    Yes, but he was 2nd team all big 12. Its not like he was a bad player back then.

It was also Werner's 1st year as a starter at DE and only beginning of his 4th year total of playing football. It is rare to see a college player come out with his level of technique and arsinal of passrushing moves and when you consider he learned all this in just a few short years, it is truly impressive.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yup, I want to take a chance on a guy with a blown out acl in hopes he pulls an Adrian Peterson.. give me a break. This guy is destined to be on the IR for most his career. Sorry but I like players that can actual stay healthy. We aren't desperate and don't need to take a chance on a player with injury problems in the 1st or 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                        Yup, I want to take a chance on a guy with a blown out acl in hopes he pulls an Adrian Peterson.. give me a break. This guy is destined to be on the IR for most his career. Sorry but I like players that can actual stay healthy. We aren't desperate and don't need to take a chance on a player with injury problems in the 1st or 2nd.
                        this. there are so many good players that are gonna be there for us at 19. i'd rather not roll the dice on a guy who already tore his acl before being drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          Agree on all accounts.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Just caught this today and thought it interesting given our discussion here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a1

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              Just caught this today and thought it interesting given our discussion here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a1
                              Well, as i have said, they are both awesome prospects and I would be very happy with either. They are just 2 very different prospects Tank is definitely more raw.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X