The honey badger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    I hear you . . . it's silly that there are still such consequences for smoking weed . . . .
    Can't wait until it's legal, not to go off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
      Can't wait until it's legal, not to go off topic.
      Neither can your avatar
      2017 Draft Wishlist:
      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
        he didnt kill, rape, or rob anyone,,he failed multiple drug tests. from all accounts he has smartened up and is on the right track. 3rd round on is about right for this kid.
        This is such an inane argument as if his transgressions need to be compared to other crimes to be abated. He's not being criticized for anything but what he did, which were the failed drug tests. He should be held accountable for those and those alone.

Whatever your stance on marijuana is irrelevant. These players know what's prohibited and what's not. It can be hot chocolate that's on the banned list. If your employer is paying you a 7 figure salary, and requesting you to not indulge in something that is of not importance, then you're beyond foolish to perpetually defy them. He's not coming to the Giants.

Comment

I love how everyone thinks they know who we will take and who we won't. How many giants had some trouble in their pasts? I can name a bunch. If the player is good enough to make JRs radar and he thinks they are worth a risk and can put the past behind them, then who's to say we don't snatch them up. That said, I like the badger, but agree he's not our typical prospect. I can see us grabbing someone like ogletree though even if he's had some trouble too.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Coughlin had been very public about the troubles of Bradshaw, Hosley and Marvin Austin at the moment they were drafted. They won't take a player unless they believed their issues were long behind them. I don't see how one can say that definitively about Mattieu, especially when talking about a third rounder.

Regardless, he doesn't make much sense outside of a subpackage player and return man.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
              Coughlin had been very public about the troubles of Bradshaw, Hosley and Marvin Austin at the moment they were drafted. They won't take a player unless they believed their issues were long behind them. I don't see how one can say that definitively about Mattieu, especially when talking about a third rounder.

Regardless, he doesn't make much sense outside of a subpackage player and return man.
              I agree, but think Matheiu has enough natural talent that he could really step his game up with more good coaching.
              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

He failed 10 drug tests ? Maybe JR can put Him in the Scared Straight program lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                  He failed 10 drug tests ? Maybe JR can put Him in the Scared Straight program lol
                  actually, according to him, he stopped counting at 10.

so 10+ in 2 years.

I would be interested to know if actually ever passed one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RichGiants81 View Post
                    Yeah man, him jayron and prince? We could have something special with that tandem
                    Yeah, the All-Time Midget Secondary

Comment

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                      Yeah, the All-Time Midget Secondary
                      Yah because its all about the size of your corners. Some of my faves:

Darrelle Revis 5' 11''
                      Champ Bailey 6' 0"
                      Ronnie Lott 6' 0"
                      Rod Woodson 6' 0"

With heights like this they could have had a second job in the circus!!
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post

Darrelle Revis 5' 11''
                        Champ Bailey 6' 0"
                        Ronnie Lott 6' 0"
                        Rod Woodson 6' 0"

Prince is the only one at 6'0". The other 2 aren't even close. With the size of WRs now height does come into play. You must be under 6' if I offended with my post.........

Comment

Originally posted by RichGiants81 View Post
                          I really hope we get this kid, I'm convinced that he is the sleeper pick this year. Potential defensive rookie of the year material. If it was up to me, I'd take him at 19 or trade up for him in the second. Guy has a nose for the ball, amazing instincts, fluid motion on his back pedal and turning his hips to run with the receiver. Hes nasty at stripping the ball. If he is still there in the second at 19 which I highly doubt, they better snatch him up. In the second he would def be worth trading up for. the niners and pats are already drooling over the kid. I would be so happy if he ended up a giant. Whose with me?
                          id draft him. I'd say he is worth the risk if there in later rounds
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Darrelle Revis 5' 11''
                            Champ Bailey 6' 0"
                            Ronnie Lott 6' 0"
                            Rod Woodson 6' 0"

Mathieu is pretty tiny. Under 5'9 and only 185 pounds.

For comparison, people call Brandon Flowers undersized, and Flowers has over an inch in height and probably 10 pounds on Mathieu.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                              Prince is the only one at 6'0". The other 2 aren't even close. With the size of WRs now height does come into play. You must be under 6' if I offended with my post.........
                              Not offended at all. My point was you dont have to be over 6' to be a good corner. Although Mathieu is 5' 9", his vertical was 3.5 inches higher than Jordan Poyer (6 ft), 1.5 inches higher than Logan Ryan (5' 11''), and .5 inches higher than DJ Hayden (5' 11")... all of whom are taller and expected to go before Mathieu. His vert is also tied with Johnthan Banks who is top 5 corner and 6' 2". One more, he is only 2 inches shy of Milliner's vert who is 6' and the top prospect. For his size, he has more ups than any of these guys and is a complete ball hawk. Im not saying he's the top of his class by any means, but when Rhodes is gone and if we dont take Trufant, Im a big fan of him in the 3rd, a tad more than Slay and Wreh-Wilson just cause of his upside. I wont be upset at all if he's not a Giant, but will be if we dont get a decent CB in the first few rounds. BTW, Im 6' 1'' if it means that much to you
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

and is a complete ball hawk.
                                He had 4 interceptions. Thats not a ball hawk at all.

Wreh-Wilson had twice that.

Comment

Working...
                                X