Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point would you consider trading up for Star Lotulelei?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At what point would you consider trading up for Star Lotulelei?

    Considering he's a top 3 talent that could very possibly slip past #10 on account of his medical concerns, at what point do you think it'd be worth trading up to get him?

  • #2
    Does not have medical concerns anymore.

    Comment


    • #3
      Right, but he's still getting mocked well below what his tape & talent suggest. For example, I think if he slips to 11 / 12, it's the steal of the draft.

      Comment


      • #4
        Teams may still shy away from him. I believe he will fall into the teens.
        Emperor Tom

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Does not have medical concerns anymore.
          I believe he isnt fully cleared yet. He reportedly cleared all tests at his pro day but the final evaluation, the 1 that matters most, is on April 15th.

          In response to the OP as to his value, he was rated as a to 5 pick as a nose tackle. NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com reported the following teams represented visibly at his pro day:Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers and San Diego Chargers. All of them 34 teams.

          34 nose tackle is the position he has most value and is most likely to be drafted
          Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-02-2013, 11:56 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            I believe he isnt fully cleared yet. He reportedly cleared all tests at his pro day but the final evaluation, the 1 that matters most, is on April 15th.

            In response to the OP as to his value, he was rated as a to 5 pick as a nose tackle. NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com reported the following teams represented visibly at his pro day:Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers and San Diego Chargers. All of them 34 teams.

            34 nose tackle is the position he has most value and is most likely to be drafted
            I've said this many times, and obviously agree...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
              I've said this many times, and obviously agree...
              Yep, its kind of a no brainer. He is a hell of a prospect and makes me wish we did play a 34 and could actually draft him, but we dont, and he isnt nearly as goof a fit for a 43.

              There are a LOT of 34 teams who need a nose tackle this year too. The leagues best(Ngata aside) are getting long in the tooth. Star will find a home quickly.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd trade up when he hits the teens. But Reese will never trade up, for better or for worse so it's moot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  I'd trade up when he hits the teens. But Reese will never trade up, for better or for worse so it's moot.
                  Agree. JR will not trade up for anyone in this draft IMO. I dont think there is any need to.
                  2017 Draft Wishlist:
                  1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                  2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                  3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                  4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                  5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                  6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                  7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                  sigpic
                  "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                  - Homer J. Simpson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    I believe he isnt fully cleared yet. He reportedly cleared all tests at his pro day but the final evaluation, the 1 that matters most, is on April 15th.

                    In response to the OP as to his value, he was rated as a to 5 pick as a nose tackle. NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com reported the following teams represented visibly at his pro day:Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers and San Diego Chargers. All of them 34 teams.

                    34 nose tackle is the position he has most value and is most likely to be drafted
                    What was important was that he get clearance from a heart specialist. Which he has.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      Yep, its kind of a no brainer. He is a hell of a prospect and makes me wish we did play a 34 and could actually draft him, but we dont, and he isnt nearly as goof a fit for a 43.

                      There are a LOT of 34 teams who need a nose tackle this year too. The leagues best(Ngata aside) are getting long in the tooth. Star will find a home quickly.
                      I totally disagree ... one of the reasons he was mocked so high to begin with was that he could excel at almost any technique.

                      He's very APPEALING as a 0-tech I agree, since dominating 0-techs aren't easy to find. But he easily can play (and excel) as a 3-tech in my mind.

                      I'd take him in a heart beat over Sheldon Richardson if he dropped to us.

                      However with the Cullen Jenkins signing, we probably don't go DT in the first.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        <---Wouldn't trade up for him.
                        2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

                        Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                        Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                        Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                        Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                        Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                        Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                        Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Never

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            I totally disagree ... one of the reasons he was mocked so high to begin with was that he could excel at almost any technique.

                            He's very APPEALING as a 0-tech I agree, since dominating 0-techs aren't easy to find. But he easily can play (and excel) as a 3-tech in my mind.

                            I'd take him in a heart beat over Sheldon Richardson if he dropped to us.

                            However with the Cullen Jenkins signing, we probably don't go DT in the first.
                            I disagree that signing a 32 year old DT will affect our draft strategy in any way. JR is (and has to be) much more of a long term thinker.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              I disagree that signing a 32 year old DT will affect our draft strategy in any way. JR is (and has to be) much more of a long term thinker.
                              Why? We already know that a big part of the Giants' draft equation is need. If the need isn't there, neither is the priority (barring a really highly rated player that falls to us in a priority position such as Prince).

                              Before the Jenkins signing we were desperate for a DT with Joseph, Austin, Kuhn and Rogers representing our starters and depth. With Jenkins in the mix, you can make the argument that the need isn't there (or not nearly as prevalent) and that the Jenkins signing gives Reese one more year to see if Austin pans out.

                              If that's the case, DT most likely won't be our first pick. If Star falls to us, we'll see what happens
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X