No announcement yet.

Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even this next to Lattimore. If he can improve his pad level just a little bit he can be a devastating NT.

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-05-2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
      kids got major upside...
      That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.

As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.

That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
      Last edited by Kruunch; 04-05-2013, 07:52 AM.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.

As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.

That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
        Hes just not fast enough, even against strongside DE's in the NFL i think.. Which as u said, makes him a likely chance at being a Guard in the pros, and then u gotta hope he stays in shape.. I always felt he didn't play motivated all the time at bama...

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
          God I'd hate that pick
          Same
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I think the Giants if they draft a Tackle will take 1 that is a better Pass Blocker then FLuker. The tackles they were high on recently were all far more athletic then Fluker ,Solder , Ijalana, even Cordy Glenn who was claimed to be very highly thought of by the Giants.

Comment

That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
              Football is a game of hips and lower body power. He has plenty of that. Sapp only ever did 16 reps, he sure got pushed around.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                I think the Giants if they draft a Tackle will take 1 that is a better Pass Blocker then FLuker. The tackles they were high on recently were all far more athletic then Fluker ,Solder , Ijalana, even Cordy Glenn who was claimed to be very highly thought of by the Giants.
                Costanzo i remember being on the Giants radar as well...

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
                  Football is a game of hips and lower body power. He has plenty of that. Sapp only ever did 16 reps, he sure got pushed around.
                  Apples and oranges. Warren Sapp was known for his speed at DT, not his power.

Fluker is an OT prospect and not a speedy one at that (speed rush protection issues). He's known for being a mauler ... I don't see that translating at the NFL level where receivers can bench more reps then him.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    This.

Comment

Apples and oranges. Warren Sapp was known for his speed at DT, not his power.

Fluker is an OT prospect and not a speedy one at that (speed rush protection issues). He's known for being a mauler ... I don't see that translating at the NFL level where receivers can bench more reps then him.
                      Part of the low bench press numbers are his outrageously long arms (36 3/4, the longest I've ever seen on an Oline prospect)....The guys a mammoth of a human being and WILL be a mauler at the next level....Also for all this talk about being a liability in pass protection I've yet to see a game where he's been exposed as such....The guy was a dominate player on the Countries most dominate line and we'd be lucky to have him

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                        Part of the low bench press numbers are his outrageously long arms (36 3/4, the longest I've ever seen on an Oline prospect)....The guys a mammoth of a human being and WILL be a mauler at the next level....Also for all this talk about being a liability in pass protection I've yet to see a game where he's been exposed as such....The guy was a dominate player on the Countries most dominate line and we'd be lucky to have him
                        Well that's the fun of projecting booms / busts for the NFL. I look at Fluker and see Mike Adams from last year (very similar type of players). I think he'll become a journeyman OG in the NFL (just my gut instinct). Servicable but not what you blow your first round choice on.

Comment

Well that's the fun of projecting booms / busts for the NFL. I look at Fluker and see Mike Adams from last year (very similar type of players). I think he'll become a journeyman OG in the NFL (just my gut instinct). Servicable but not what you blow your first round choice on.
                          Mike Adams isn't near the physical specimen that Fluker is. Fluker is about 20 pounds bigger on a frame that's 2 inches shorter. Flukers massive arm length of 36 3/4 dwarfs Adams serviceable 34's and at 20 pounds heavier he still beat Adams 40 time....Also the major question mark with Adams was his effort level, I've never seen anyone question Flukers work ethic

Comment

Mike Adams isn't near the physical specimen that Fluker is. Fluker is about 20 pounds bigger on a frame that's 2 inches shorter. Flukers massive arm length of 36 3/4 dwarfs Adams serviceable 34's and at 20 pounds heavier he still beat Adams 40 time....Also the major question mark with Adams was his effort level, I've never seen anyone question Flukers work ethic
                            I disagree about the physical specimen part. Both are very similar physical types. Both have similar strengths and weaknesses (although Adams was projected as a better pass blocker than Fluker).

I look at Fluker and see Mike Adams ... but a more apt comparison might be Fluker and Robert Gallery (hype aside). Still not a first round choice in my mind.

But I will admit to being absolutely one of the worst judges of college-to-pro talent so take what I say with a huge sack of salt

Comment

I disagree about the physical specimen part. Both are very similar physical types. Both have similar strengths and weaknesses (although Adams was projected as a better pass blocker than Fluker).

I look at Fluker and see Mike Adams ... but a more apt comparison might be Fluker and Robert Gallery (hype aside). Still not a first round choice in my mind.

But I will admit to being absolutely one of the worst judges of college-to-pro talent so take what I say with a huge sack of salt
                              This is from Mike Adam's NFL.com draft profile and is pretty much the exact opposite of what would be used to describe Fluker: Adams is not a very exciting player and can struggle at times with effort-based issues that don't allow him to get much movement on the line when run blocking. He is more of a catch and react blocker than one who delivers blows, and will need to play with more fire and look to unleash his inner-athleticism.

Comment

This is from Mike Adam's NFL.com draft profile and is pretty much the exact opposite of what would be used to describe Fluker: Adams is not a very exciting player and can struggle at times with effort-based issues that don't allow him to get much movement on the line when run blocking. He is more of a catch and react blocker than one who delivers blows, and will need to play with more fire and look to unleash his inner-athleticism.
                                In play style, yes. I was referencing physical skills. Both are big. Both lack the strength that should come with their size and position.

Comment

Working...
                                X