Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.

    As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.

    That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
    21 benches has nothing to do with how he would maul people. He would... there's no doubt about that. He dominated everyone he got his hands on.. IN THE SEC.. where the big boys play.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

    Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Apples and oranges. Warren Sapp was known for his speed at DT, not his power.

      Fluker is an OT prospect and not a speedy one at that (speed rush protection issues). He's known for being a mauler ... I don't see that translating at the NFL level where receivers can bench more reps then him.
      They also have shorter arms. You've lost your mind on this one buddy. . Go watch his film and see if his bench press kept him from tossing people around. It's weird, Alabama players always seem to underperform on the bench it seems, but they always look like the most physical team in CFB.. by far really. I think people take too much from the bench.
      Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM.
      2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

      Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
      Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
      Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
      Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
      Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
      Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
      Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by juice33s View Post
        Part of the low bench press numbers are his outrageously long arms (36 3/4, the longest I've ever seen on an Oline prospect)....The guys a mammoth of a human being and WILL be a mauler at the next level....Also for all this talk about being a liability in pass protection I've yet to see a game where he's been exposed as such....The guy was a dominate player on the Countries most dominate line and we'd be lucky to have him
        THIS... It's starting to get funny how people on here are acting like he's some sort of bumbling idiot in pass protection. Makes it easy to separate the people who never actually watched him and those that just read something. Like I've said, he's not the guy I see at #19 and readily admit pass protection is his weakness... but he's not NEARLY as bad as people on here are suggesting.
        2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

        Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
        Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
        Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
        Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
        Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
        Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
        Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.

          As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.

          That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
          Definetley right...I'd be more interested his how muchh he squats than bench

          Comment


          • #35
            the giants arent wasting the first pick on an OL not named joeckel or fisher, especially when they have passed over better prospects in previous years.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
              the giants arent wasting the first pick on an OL not named joeckel or fisher, especially when they have passed over better prospects in previous years.
              I believe they would consider Warmack if the draft fell a certain way. After all, they did bring him in for a private workout.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
                They also have shorter arms. You've lost your mind on this one buddy. . Go watch his film and see if his bench press kept him from tossing people around. It's weird, Alabama players always seem to underperform on the bench it seems, but they always look like the most physical team in CFB.. by far really. I think people take too much from the bench.
                To me, the only thing that bench is an indication of is work ethic. If a guy has a real low bench press number, it's an indication that he may not be working hard enough in the weight room.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  To me, the only thing that bench is an indication of is work ethic. If a guy has a real low bench press number, it's an indication that he may not be working hard enough in the weight room.

                  There are positions where it is completely pointless to use bench as a measurment. Oline is not 1 of them. It matters for the reasons you mentioned but also because it is a measurement of leverage, which is extremely important to the Oline position.

                  However, long armed players always bench less than short arms and if you ask any NFL coach which they would prefer, a long armed player like Fluker( 36.6 inch arms) who can do 21 reps, or a short armed guy who who can do 35 reps They will take long arms every time, particularly at the tackle position.
                  Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-05-2013, 08:26 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Anybody have a highlight video of Fluker pancaking defensive lineman?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by hugehomer View Post
                      Anybody have a highlight video of Fluker pancaking defensive lineman?
                      I have 4 full game cuts

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                        I believe they would consider Warmack if the draft fell a certain way. After all, they did bring him in for a private workout.
                        Cooper also, with his ability to play center

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          This is what we got on Fluker at Draftbreakdown

                          vs Georgia 4 more links on the bottom of that page also. 1 more vs LSU its called Warmack but it doesnt matter just watch FLuker




                          http://draftbreakdown.com/dj-fluker-vs-georgia-2012

                          Plus Quanterus Smith vs Bama

                          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-06-2013, 02:30 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            its comical how badly Quanterus Smith beats Fluker.. Just worries me with so many pass rushing OLB's and DE's in the NFL, and a guy like DJ Fluker being ur RT.. I honestly see him moving inside, as a pro...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I just don't see the Giants looking at OL in the first. Especially after passing on Cordy Glenn last year in favor of a RB.

                              And I really don't see the Giants blowing a first on an OG.

                              Just my opinion.

                              If Warmack fell, would he be a big enough draw to take a flyer on an OG? Possibly. Warmack is definitely the blue-chipper type I was talking about earlier. But it would be still improbable historically speaking.

                              One of these years Reese will surprise us. I don't think it will be this year.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                One of these years Reese will surprise us. I don't think it will be this year.
                                Reese surprises us every year. Did any of us have JPP, Prince, or Wilson on our mocks? Each time, they were coming into a supposedly "stacked" (by our knowledge) position. JPP had to crack Tuck/Osi, Prince had Webster/Ross, and Wilson had Bradshaw/Brown/Scott...

                                By that logic, we're drafting a Safety...

                                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X