• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops confused players

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      This is what we got on Fluker at Draftbreakdown

vs Georgia 4 more links on the bottom of that page also. 1 more vs LSU its called Warmack but it doesnt matter just watch FLuker

http://draftbreakdown.com/dj-fluker-vs-georgia-2012

Plus Quanterus Smith vs Bama

my goodness. i dont think warmack blew one assignment vs LSU. hes a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
        Yep, had a bad game, therefore it's a done deal, he'll never be able to handle any speed on the end. Barkevious Mingo is slow I guess.
        Hes gonna be a Guard as a pro, get over it...

Comment

USA Today's Tony Pauline cited sources who told him that Alabama T D.J. Fluker is a "real possibility" for the Dolphins at pick No. 12.

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
            USA Today's Tony Pauline cited sources who told him that Alabama T D.J. Fluker is a "real possibility" for the Dolphins at pick No. 12.
            That would surprise me since they need a quality LT. I would think Lane Johnson (if they don't trade up for either Fischer or Joekel).
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              That would surprise me since they need a quality LT. I would think Lane Johnson (if they don't trade up for either Fischer or Joekel).
              They drafted Jonathan Martin in the 2nd round last season, I figure they'll move him over to left where he used to protect Andrew Lucks blind side at Stanford (and was a 2x All-American doing so)
              Last edited by juice33s; 04-09-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                my goodness. i dont think warmack blew one assignment vs LSU. hes a beast.
                When scouts evaluate players they like to use a ratio system to portray how many plays prospects "complete" an assignment vs how many times they blew the assignment.

Mayock said no prospect came even slightly close to Warmack using this evaluation process because the number of percent plays he failed his assignment were in the single digits for the entire year. That is largely why Mayock gave him the highest grade of any player in the draft, at least last time I checked.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                  They drafted Jonathan Martin in the 2nd round last season, I figure they'll move him over to left where he used to protect Andrew Lucks blind side at Stanford (and was a 2x All-American doing so)
                  Then who would play RT for the fins?
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    When scouts evaluate players they like to use a ratio system to portray how many plays prospects "complete" an assignment vs how many times they blew the assignment.

Mayock said no prospect came even slightly close to Warmack using this evaluation process because the number of percent plays he failed his assignment were in the single digits for the entire year. That is largely why Mayock gave him the highest grade of any player in the draft, at least last time I checked.
                    Except that it's impossible to know that for certain since Mayock (or anyone but the OC) doesn't know the specific blocking assignment.

You can guess at some of them but even then you don't know which way the play is designed to turn a target, if its a catch-and-release scheme, chip, etc ...

Comment

Then who would play RT for the fins?
                      Fluker, if they take him at #12

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        Fluker, if they take him at #12
                        Seems kind of high to draft a RT, who has pass blocking concerns no?

Comment

Seems kind of high to draft a RT, who has pass blocking concerns no?
                          dam skippy

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            The more I watch fluker the more I see Osemele, the guy the ravens drafted last season in the 2nd.

About the same size, both maulers with mean streaks. Both questionable athleticism at OT.

Osemele played a bit of RT for the ravens, but ultimately ended up at guard where he was dominant. He's protected inside from speed a bit, and his size makes up for any lack of lateral movement, and his mean streak and size work great going forward.

It's not a dissimilar situation than the two OTs the saints took a couple years back in the mid rounds, in Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks.

Mauling RTs, IMO, are better players at guard if they have trouble when on an island.

And LTs, IMO, are better at RT.

I don't think the "power tackle" and "pass blocking" tackle difference exists anymore. At least not for a team that likes to throw the ball.
                            If Fluker were to become a mauling guard with a mean streak, would he be comparable as a guard prospect to either Warmack or Cooper? If so, add in the fact that he has the versatility to be used at OT in a pinch, and he could justify a first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              If Fluker were to become a mauling guard with a mean streak, would he be comparable as a guard prospect to either Warmack or Cooper? If so, add in the fact that he has the versatility to be used at OT in a pinch, and he could justify a first round pick.
                              Would you draft a dominant OG in the first round? If so, then yes. If not, then no

And I think Slip's analysis is about spot on for Fluker.

Comment

Would you draft a dominant OG in the first round? If so, then yes. If not, then no

And I think Slip's analysis is about spot on for Fluker.
                                Well, that's the other question . . . . would you draft a dominant guard in the first. I personally would, but I know that others wouldn't

Comment

Working...
                                X