Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
    And this notion that "We have an elite QB and a pass-happy offense so pass-blocking is more important" is false

We are in the bottom half of the league in terms of 3/4/5 receiver sets

Scroll down

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-april-9-2013/

Giants lined up in 3 WR sets 490 times and in 4 WR sets 22 times

The 512 total is 19th in the league

So the offense is still mostly base formation
    We pass more than we run. In 2012 we got back to being a little more balanced, however in 2011 we had 589 pass attempts to 411 rushing attempts.

What you meant to say is that we're not a spread-formation team.

We are most defintiely a pass first team, though.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

The tape shows it all....Fluker DOMINATED Mingo
      Lmao. Sure he did.

Comment

And what about the intangibles that Fluker brings?

He has experience on championship teams and has played numerous games on the biggest of stages

He has a tough, physical presence about him that lifts the morale of the entire offensive line, and hence the entire offense

He has great work ethic and is very coachable. He gives off that "humble giant" vibe that is lovable.

He is a LEADER, most importantly

These intangibles should not be ignored.
        Lololol this is the most mind blowingly stupid thing I have ever heard.

Comment

And what about the intangibles that Fluker brings?

He has experience on championship teams and has played numerous games on the biggest of stages

He has a tough, physical presence about him that lifts the morale of the entire offensive line, and hence the entire offense

He has great work ethic and is very coachable. He gives off that "humble giant" vibe that is lovable.

He is a LEADER, most importantly

These intangibles should not be ignored.
          The biggest mark against Fluker in the first is that you're essentially using a first round pick to select a Guard who has never actually played Guard.

/thread
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            The biggest mark against Fluker in the first is that you're essentially using a first round pick to select a Guard who has never actually played Guard.

/thread

Fluker is a Right Tackle, not a guard.

All the scouts have his natural position in the NFL as a RT

Your point fails. Try again.

Comment

Fluker is a Right Tackle, not a guard.

All the scouts have his natural position in the NFL as a RT

Your point fails. Try again.

Don't know a thing about Fluker, eh nubcakes?

He's projected as a Guard at the next level because he's slow as molasses backing up. Demarcus Ware would eat him alive.

No thanks.

Comment

• I prefer the term sheepish

Comment

The Giants offense is not a shotgun offense....so Fluker would never be used in the way you describe

We are primarily a base formation, power running team

Fluker is a perfect fit
                  We run a ton of shotgun.

We haven't had more runs than passes since the late 90s.

What team (or decade) do you think this is exactly?

Comment

Don't know a thing about Fluker, eh nubcakes?

He's projected as a Guard at the next level because he's slow as molasses backing up. Demarcus Ware would eat him alive.

No thanks.

Uh, no he's not. He's projected as a Right Tackle at the next level.

Andre Smith and Phil Loadholt are 2 of the best RTs in the NFL. Both are similar in skill set to Fluker. Foot speed is not important for a RT. Most strong-side DEs in the NFL are not pure speed rushers.

And Ware typically lines up on the weak side, not the strong side. Meaning, he mostly faces LEFT tackles. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
                    Last edited by EliManningUp; 04-12-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

We run a ton of shotgun.

We haven't had more runs than passes since the late 90s.

What team (or decade) do you think this is exactly?

We ran more shotgun because of the huge hole we had at RT. Diehl was worthless at RT, and Locklear was a better pass-blocker than run-blocker.

With Fluker at RT, the running game would be so much better that it would reduce the amount of shotgun snaps.

Comment

• Giants were 19th in the NFL in # of snaps with 3/4/5 receiver sets.

Bottom half of the league.

And that's with garbage at RT.

With a mauler like Fluker at RT, we would run even less 3/4/5 receiver sets.

Comment

• BTW, Mike Mayock has stated that Fluker can even play Left Tackle in the NFL

You're an idiot if you think Fluker is a pure guard prospect.

Based on that logic, Andre Smith and Phil Loadholt should be nothing but guards. They're 2 of the best Right Tackles in the NFL!
                          Last edited by EliManningUp; 04-12-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Uh, no he's not. He's projected as a Right Tackle at the next level.

Andre Smith and Phil Loadholt are 2 of the best RTs in the NFL. Both are similar in skill set to Fluker. Foot speed is not important for a RT. Most strong-side DEs in the NFL are not pure speed rushers.

And Ware typically lines up on the weak side, not the strong side. Meaning, he mostly faces LEFT tackles. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
                            The question on Andre Smith coming out was if he could play LT. Not if he could play RT.

Loadholt was a 2nd round pick, which is where Fluker should go too
                            Last edited by slipknottin; 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

We ran more shotgun because of the huge hole we had at RT. Diehl was worthless at RT, and Locklear was a better pass-blocker than run-blocker.

With Fluker at RT, the running game would be so much better that it would reduce the amount of shotgun snaps.
                              You don't use shotgun to protect your RT, lol.

Comment

Mediocre trolling?

Comment

Working...
                                X