Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know stuff about jamar taylor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone know stuff about jamar taylor?

    I HEARD HE COULD GO IN THE 1ST ROUND AND HES GOOD AT BOTH MAN AND ZONE COVERAGE BUT SLIGHTLY BETTER AT MAN.kNOW ANYTHING ELSE?

  • #2
    I love him personally...Good in coverage, decent tackler though not a strong suit. Not a first rounder but 2nd or 3rd round, Jordan Poyer, Jamar Taylor, Wreh Wilson, Micah Hyde..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
      I HEARD HE COULD GO IN THE 1ST ROUND AND HES GOOD AT BOTH MAN AND ZONE COVERAGE BUT SLIGHTLY BETTER AT MAN.kNOW ANYTHING ELSE?
      I don't know much about him, but I've been hearing late 1st round chatter myself..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        I don't know much about him, but I've been hearing late 1st round chatter myself..
        I don't like 1st picks that only get 1st round consideration after the combine......good combine always helps, but give me the guy that's been a 1st round talent all along

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
          I don't like 1st picks that only get 1st round consideration after the combine......good combine always helps, but give me the guy that's been a 1st round talent all along
          I totally agree with this..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            I totally agree with this..
            that's a touchy subject,,,cruz was an UDFA but has 1st round talent. then you have 1st round talents like you say and they turn out to be so so or busts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
              that's a touchy subject,,,cruz was an UDFA but has 1st round talent. then you have 1st round talents like you say and they turn out to be so so or busts.
              There are exceptions.. and Cruz is a great example of that

              Comment


              • #8
                I like him more than Trufant. At 5'10 5/8" and with short arms, his size may be an issue with the Giants. He is scrappy though, some times to a fault.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Does anyone know why Johnthan Banks isn't one of the most desired CB's in this years draft anymore? Don't hear much about him anymore, I know he's still ranked pretty high, but always hearing names like Trufant, Poyer, etc.... Was his combine and pro day that bad?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
                    Does anyone know why Johnthan Banks isn't one of the most desired CB's in this years draft anymore? Don't hear much about him anymore, I know he's still ranked pretty high, but always hearing names like Trufant, Poyer, etc.... Was his combine and pro day that bad?
                    Yes.. bad combine, Banks in the 2nd would be a great value
                    Last edited by Carter.525; 04-05-2013, 10:18 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
                      I HEARD HE COULD GO IN THE 1ST ROUND AND HES GOOD AT BOTH MAN AND ZONE COVERAGE BUT SLIGHTLY BETTER AT MAN.kNOW ANYTHING ELSE?
                      Jamar Taylor is a very fast and physical CB, who can man up , support the run, and makes plays on the ball... Very agressive corner with size and speed... I never bought 4th-5th rd for Taylor and Slay, and there moving up rapidly over the past 5months.. Taylor is capable of getting behind the line and making plays as well , and is one of the better corners at making plays against the run in this draft..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        I totally agree with this..
                        U guys are crazy, as tons of these guys just fall under radar and as soon as scouts get to examine the tape, they realize what kinda prospects they are.. Its not just they did well outta nowhere after the season, as Jamar Taylor was flat out brilliant this past season, but Boise wasen't the same as they've been the past few seasons, as far as challenging for top championship bowl, so guys like Taylor needed Sr Bowl to get noticed and get scouts going to the tape or back to the tape, and then once back on radar, he killed it with sick combine, which just added to his brilliant season.. This guy can play off or press man, and like i mentioned, is one of the more physical CB's in this draft, and has speed to boot.. This is a late 1st rd type CB , talent wise...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          U guys are crazy, as tons of these guys just fall under radar and as soon as scouts get to examine the tape, they realize what kinda prospects they are.. Its not just they did well outta nowhere after the season, as Jamar Taylor was flat out brilliant this past season, but Boise wasen't the same as they've been the past few seasons, as far as challenging for top championship bowl, so guys like Taylor needed Sr Bowl to get noticed and get scouts going to the tape or back to the tape, and then once back on radar, he killed it with sick combine, which just added to his brilliant season.. This guy can play off or press man, and like i mentioned, is one of the more physical CB's in this draft, and has speed to boot.. This is a late 1st rd type CB , talent wise...
                          Its hard to watch everybody multiple times during the season to get accurate grades on the whole field u just cant do it. Even if your getting paid u cant. Look at Draftbreakdown we have like 4 or 5 guys cutting videos and we still dont have 5 videos each on the top 300 players.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I believe he is a 4 yr starter, he is a little smaller than a general starting CB on the outside. He is a solid all around CB that isn't elite in any category but is an all around good CB. I would be happy to see him picked by us in the 2nd
                            sigpic
                            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                            __________________________________________________ ______
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                            __________________________________________________ ______
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                              I believe he is a 4 yr starter, he is a little smaller than a general starting CB on the outside. He is a solid all around CB that isn't elite in any category but is an all around good CB. I would be happy to see him picked by us in the 2nd
                              Hes got elite physicality as far as CB goes.. I also think hes close to elite at defending the run as well.. There isn't many more Corners in this draft who come close to sticking his nose in there on run downs and making clean tackles, and obviously he can cover as well, and has 4.4 speed to boot...

                              Jamar Taylor is every bit as good as just about all the CB prospects in this draft.. Hes no one trick pony either, has a really well rounded game, albeit, u did mention hes all around good CB.. I have a hard time finding a better run stopper/ and coverege corner in this draft...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X